Russian Bombers Fly Within 50 Miles o...

Russian Bombers Fly Within 50 Miles of California Coast

There are 15 comments on the Free Republic story from Jun 11, 2014, titled Russian Bombers Fly Within 50 Miles of California Coast. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Four Russian strategic bombers triggered U.S. air defense systems while conducting practice bombing runs near Alaska this week, with two of the Tu-95 Bear H aircraft coming within 50 miles of the California coast, the North American Aerospace Defense Command confirmed Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#1 Jun 12, 2014
Spies Kremlin Crummy and his sidekick the Vermont kid are on another secret mission. Hehe
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#2 Jun 12, 2014
Avenger wrote:
Spies Kremlin Crummy and his sidekick the Vermont kid are on another secret mission. Hehe
Doesn't sound very secret to me Captain America.
Aerial

Elizabeth City, NC

#3 Jun 12, 2014
The news services relted photogrpahs of the turbo prop bombers. It looks alike a wheelchair flying over the Pacific, you could shoot it down in no time. They can't be serious about frightening the U.S. with that giant mosquito. Someone is suffering demntia in the Kremlin.
PROUD TO BE SERB

Australia

#4 Jun 13, 2014
It is all URA URA URA & Da Da Da ;))
PROUD TO BE SERB

Australia

#5 Jun 13, 2014
I herd Obama ask for political refuge in?
Australia . The RUSSAN A COMMING.Lol
Berliner

Hamburg, Germany

#6 Jun 16, 2014
Is that true ?? I hope they bomb Hollywood

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#7 Jun 16, 2014
Do us a favor and bomb Washington D.C.
We will thank you for it.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 16, 2014
“The last time we saw anything similar was two years ago on the Fourth of July,” Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Norad spokesman, told the Free Beacon.

LOL

Davis said the aircraft “acted professionally” and the bombers appeared to be conducting a training mission.

“They typically do long range aviation training in the summer and it is not unusual for them to be more active during this time,” he said.“We assess this was part of training. And they did not enter territorial airspace.”

Location hidden

#9 Jun 16, 2014
The incident began much further north when four Russian Tu-95 Bear bomber planes and a refueling tanker enter the outer Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) near Alaska. The ADIZ extends for 200 miles and is considered international airspace, but if military aircraft enter the ADIZ, then the U.S. NORAD sends fighter jets to get a visual identification, NORAD spokesperson Capt. Jennifer Stadnyk said.

That’s what happened Monday afternoon when two American F-22 Raptor fighter jets went up to keep an eye on the Russian aircraft.

Stadnyk said that the last five years there have been 50 intercepts of Russian military aircraft entering North American ADIZs. One of the new stealth F-22 Raptors’ first missions reportedly was such an interception back in 2007.

The last time the Russian bombers came close to the California coast was July 4, 2012.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/06...

Location hidden

#10 Jun 16, 2014
skinny bones taco wrote:
Do us a favor and bomb Washington D.C.
We will thank you for it.
Umm... I am probably one of the biggest Russia supporters on here but I would never, ever ask them to nuke Washington DC. Not even as a joke.

Besides, I already put in my request years ago!
#1Estell Manor NJ
#2 the area around Bridgewater, NJ (or just bomb all of NJ - no one will care)
#3 Sarnia, Canada
Berliner

Germany

#11 Jun 17, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Umm... I am probably one of the biggest Russia supporters on here but I would never, ever ask them to nuke Washington DC. Not even as a joke.
Besides, I already put in my request years ago!
#1Estell Manor NJ
#2 the area around Bridgewater, NJ (or just bomb all of NJ - no one will care)
#3 Sarnia, Canada
Bridgewater, NJ ? where is that ? i have great memories in NJ Long time ago.

I realy dont give a rat ass if someone nuke Canada but many innocent People will die you know like... the Eskimos.
Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#12 Jun 17, 2014
Berliner wrote:
<quoted text>
I realy dont give a rat ass if someone nuke Canada but many innocent People will die you know like... the Eskimos.
Nobody is going to nuke Canada crazy man
Oliver Cromwell

Darwen, UK

#13 Jun 17, 2014
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is going to nuke Canada crazy man
I really hope not but it depends how much more insane the US goes,when we have Morons like insane McCain being treated by the US Government as if he is actually sane its a problem.
Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#14 Jun 17, 2014
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> I really hope not but it depends how much more insane the US goes,when we have Morons like insane McCain being treated by the US Government as if he is actually sane its a problem.
It doesn't depend on anything Pinocchio.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 17, 2014
Berliner wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're right but I didn't say nuke ALL of Canada. All of New Jersey should be bombed. They'd be doing us a favor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Navy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Japanese leader to visit Pearl Harbor with Obam... Tue Mouth9233 6
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Tue jamall 131
News Japanese leader Abe to visit Pearl Harbor with ... Dec 5 Le Jimbo 2
aew barron pac /hawaii (Jan '09) Nov 30 abeard 16
News 'Black hole': What makes Russia's newest submar... Nov 30 PolakPotrafi 1
News Family of CIA contractor slain in Benghazi may sue (Sep '14) Nov 26 Retired SOF 22
News The Russian Navy Is Back Nov 21 RUSTING JUNK 2
More from around the web