Sikorsky wins U.S. Navy deal for pres...

Sikorsky wins U.S. Navy deal for president's Marine One helicopters

There are 56 comments on the Reuters story from May 7, 2014, titled Sikorsky wins U.S. Navy deal for president's Marine One helicopters. In it, Reuters reports that:

Sikorsky Aircraft, a unit of United Technologies Corp, won an initial $1.24 billion contract to develop and build six new U.S. presidential helicopters, the first step toward a fleet of 21 new aircraft by 2023, the Pentagon announced on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#41 May 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if we are all protected by those tin foil hats, Smurfette.
The Alcoa brand is the best.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42 May 10, 2014
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The Alcoa brand is the best.
You would know, Smurfette.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#43 May 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan didn't need StarWars but the bill for his toys was $210 billion and they have yet to work.
Perspective, eh, Shug?
PS: these helicopters will last twenty years. Or more. Maybe even last until the next Republican gets elected president...
That technology has been passed on to other projects. Much I may not know about but the advances in minitarization of weapons systems, drones, and the progress in both the public and private NASA and space technology are examples. An example is the last Mars rover, Curiosity which had an amazing landing on the Red planet. To much could have went wrong in that one to guess. The technology has to be something that was developed many years earlier. Back in the 1980's they were showing rocket technology enabling crafts to hover with small thrusters firing in patterns to keep them afloat. There are private concerns also that may be benefiting from a "loan" of a little of the technology invented. There has to be a lot of stuff developed we can only dream of even if they partied with some of the resources. The question on helicopters is more about the tough times we are in, not the need. Its like all of the vacations. I know they don't have a ranch or compound, but Camp David still exists. Spending some time there to get away from it all and cutting the vacations in half or so, would show many Americans they are aware of the times and "feel their pain".

Location hidden

#44 May 10, 2014
serfs up wrote:
Much I may not know about but
N'uff said, Smurfette.

Location hidden

#45 May 10, 2014
serfs up wrote:
The question on helicopters is more about the tough times we are in, not the need.
The current fleet is 35-40 years old, Shug.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#46 May 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should open the windows when you are using solvents, Shug.
Thanks for the tip, I might have thought like you. Dangerous stuff.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#47 May 13, 2014
I see it didn't take long for the lie-beral sh1theels to turn a good debate subject into their usual insulting,name calling screed. What class. What informed people. What openmindedness. What wonderful examples of liberalism....... Just what we've come to expect.

Location hidden

#48 May 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
I see it didn't take long for the lie-beral sh1theels to turn a good debate subject into their usual insulting,name calling screed.
Funny how you dish it out first Knobjob and then cry like a Boulder fairy who finds a scratch on his Mazda Miata when it gets tossed back into your face.

Tell it to your pink triangle support group.

Location hidden

#49 May 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Just tattoo LOSERS on your forehead
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!

MOMMY!

People are so mean to me WHY?

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#51 May 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you dish it out first Knobjob and then cry like a Boulder fairy who finds a scratch on his Mazda Miata when it gets tossed back into your face.
Tell it to your pink triangle support group.
Here ya go.... A SUPERB example of your typical lie-beral debater. A real class act.

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#52 May 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!
MOMMY!
People are so mean to me WHY?
Like I said,just tattoo loser on your forehead.....
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#53 May 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The current fleet is 35-40 years old, Shug.
Take it out of the AIDS budget.

Location hidden

#54 May 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said,
No one cares what you say, fourskin.

Just happy to point out what a queer little fellah you are- whining about people tossing the insults you initiated back in your sticky face.

Baby wanna rattle?

Location hidden

#55 May 13, 2014
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Take it out of the AIDS budget.
Don't worry, Smurfette: you'll still get your SNAP card.

Has to do with protecting people with mental health issues...
see the light

El Paso, TX

#56 May 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
I see it didn't take long for the lie-beral sh1theels to turn a good debate subject into their usual insulting,name calling screed. What class. What informed people. What openmindedness. What wonderful examples of liberalism....... Just what we've come to expect.
We know why they resort to name calling-their afraid.

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#57 May 13, 2014
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>We know why they resort to name calling-their afraid.
Its the infantilism that is symptomatic of liberalism. The inability to mature,the emotional outbursts/rant/temper tantrums when they aren't appeased or get the things they want(like two year olds wanting candy in the grocery). Sociologists/psychologists have long held that liberalism is a mental disorder. The refusal to see the real world for what it is,rather,seeing how it should be depending on the latest opinion they've heard from someone their group mindset agrees with......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Navy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hurricane Maria leaves at least 15 dead on Domi... Thu Birdzilla 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Sep 17 FindPhartse 246
News The Latest: Trump meets with first responders i... Sep 6 The farts 33
News U.S. service members, gay rights groups ask jud... Sep 2 Trump is a joke 18
News US shoots down medium-range ballistic missile i... Aug 31 anonymous 5
News Navy vet takes charge of JROTC program Aug 30 Charles Rivera 1
News Submarine designs including fish-shaped torpedo... Aug 28 Mona 2
More from around the web