Navy SEALs Raid Somali Militants

Navy SEALs Raid Somali Militants

There are 121 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Oct 5, 2013, titled Navy SEALs Raid Somali Militants. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

A Navy SEAL team targeted a senior leader of the Shabab militant group in a raid on his seaside villa in the Somali town of Baraawe on Saturday, American officials said, in response to a deadly attack on a Nairobi shopping mall for which the group had claimed responsibility ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#69 Oct 7, 2013
LIBERAL PROUD PATRIOT wrote:
American assassins violating a sovereign nation again eh Joe?
Why that's not surprising at all?
LMAO
These were the same Toubobs that roamed and terrorised Western African coast 200 years earlier, snatching black Muslim people, and sending them to the New World.
Ali

Stockholm, Sweden

#70 Oct 7, 2013
I hate Al shabaab but today I should give them a credit as Somali, They prove old legend which says Somalis are brave people and real fighters.

Navy Seals are Americas most advanced commandos elite soldiers and Alshabaab make them retreat after engaged heavy fighting’s which took 15 minutes, to my surprise Navy Seals evacuated to the sea without any reinforcement from reserve navy seals offshore simply because Al shabaab is well armed and well trained.

American navy seals escape for their life and they are defeated by Alshabaab renegade rag-tag soldiers. KKKKKK.

It seems Americans remember Black hawk down and scary from Somali fighters.

Ethiopians and Kenyans knows they are no match to Somalis if Somalis were united, that´s why they do everything to divide them and Somali state to be restored.
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#71 Oct 7, 2013
Ali wrote:
I hate Al shabaab but today I should give them a credit as Somali, They prove old legend which says Somalis are brave people and real fighters.
Navy Seals are Americas most advanced commandos elite soldiers and Alshabaab make them retreat after engaged heavy fighting’s which took 15 minutes, to my surprise Navy Seals evacuated to the sea without any reinforcement from reserve navy seals offshore simply because Al shabaab is well armed and well trained.
American navy seals escape for their life and they are defeated by Alshabaab renegade rag-tag soldiers. KKKKKK.
It seems Americans remember Black hawk down and scary from Somali fighters.
Ethiopians and Kenyans knows they are no match to Somalis if Somalis were united, that´s why they do everything to divide them and Somali state to be restored.
Somali ladies are also the most elegant models the world has ever seen. They dominate the catwalks of the fashion world. Go Somalia.

Bombardier

Hillview, KY

#72 Oct 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Christian nation,...do you think the U.S. went to far in killing over 3 million Vietnamese in the Vietnam war?
The U.S. is not a Christian nation.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74 Oct 7, 2013
This world police force and constant war and massive military bloat are destroying the USA...HAS TO STOP.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#76 Oct 7, 2013
Ali wrote:
I hate Al shabaab but ...
... you are al Taqiyya.
English rot

Austin, TX

#78 Oct 7, 2013
Magnus Cerebrum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are so intelligent, refined, classy, blah, blah, blah.

Great Britain is but a shadow of its former self. Too bad you're not not relevant any more.

Of course England's history is one of peaceful non-interference in other countries' business.

I'll match my passport against yours any day. If Americans are disliked, Brits are despised. Sod off.
English rot

Austin, TX

#79 Oct 7, 2013
Magnus Cerebrum wrote:
<quoted text>Cultural colonialism is very strong in this one.
You should change your moniker to Minimus Cerebrum. The Brits were were the worst of the colonizers in the last few hundred years. And now you've been thrown out of almost every former country that you invaded and pillaged.

Go eat some Black Pudding and clog your arteries. Go out with your pasty women with bad teeth and get drunk in some mildewed pub. And just remember, no one needs you here. Sod off.
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#80 Oct 7, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... you are al Taqiyya.
The most feared terrorists today are undoubtedly the American Toubobs.

Absolutely no one can feel safe from being snatched by these predators. Absolutely no country in the world can save her citizen from Toubobs attack.

Toubobs strike at any moment. They could come from the sky or the sea.
jason norris

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#82 Oct 7, 2013
good work yanks. more power to your elbow.No other way.
Gre

Berlin, Germany

#83 Oct 7, 2013
there are just these fellws, who rule in usa and must close all kindergardens,schools, museums because they have no money to sustain it. But they have always money for unnecessery global military actions , wars connected with crimes against humanity and genocide, financing israel. How long such situation?
By the way, neverending wars rush countries to poverty and push people in radicalism, crimes against people cause hatred and push them again to radicalism.Such military crimes as it will not help, will deteriorate situation.
Criminals ruling in ussa? Is it not better to finance own needed facilities like schools, kindergardens etc.instead of wasting money for crimes against humanity, genocide, supporting israel?
Archangel Thomas

Kansas City, MO

#84 Oct 7, 2013
English rot wrote:
You should change your moniker to Minimus Cerebrum. The Brits were were the worst of the colonizers in the last few hundred years. And now you've been thrown out of almost every former country that you invaded and pillaged.
Go eat some Black Pudding and clog your arteries. Go out with your pasty women with bad teeth and get drunk in some mildewed pub. And just remember, no one needs you here.
Is there any place in the whole fcking world where Americans can walk the streets WITHOUT heavy security?

I mean ... even in America ITSELF Americans ain't SAFE at all !!!

Americans must be the most hated, loathed, despised people who ever walked the earth.
Archangel Thomas

Kansas City, MO

#85 Oct 7, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
... you are al Taqiyya.
You are a fundamentalist fanatic chrizzie!

Even Wilberhum told you that!

Hey RavingJoe have you shot any abortion doc lately?
Proud American

Indianapolis, IN

#87 Oct 7, 2013
Archangel Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any place in the whole fcking world where Americans can walk the streets WITHOUT heavy security?
I mean ... even in America ITSELF Americans ain't SAFE at all !!!
Americans must be the most hated, loathed, despised people who ever walked the earth.
Jealous much?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#89 Oct 7, 2013
Archangel Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fundamentalist fanatic chrizzie!...
And you're no angel, Tom.
IMO, you're a jinn.
WaryaaGuy

Oslo, Norway

#94 Oct 7, 2013
jason norris wrote:
good work yanks. more power to your elbow.No other way.
What good work?. The Yanks ran as fast as the African cheetah.lol.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#96 Oct 7, 2013
Archangel Thomas wrote:
... The one-and-only, the unique ... Jinn Martini, to be precise!
Tom, there's nothing unique abt your army of sock puppets.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#98 Oct 7, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe not,but there is something hypocritical about it when we finance support and arm the same people when it suits us,as in Libya and now Syria,in fact it makes me sick.
It's not you and I it's our leaders who do things we have said we disagree with.

We're not hypocrites.

And it makes me sick that we can't seem to stop them.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#99 Oct 7, 2013
Khadija wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is spewed with hatred in regards to Islam. You don't like Islam? Fine. No one is forcing you otherwise. Islam wasn't made for everyone you know. But don't mad mouth Islam just cuz you feel you need to do so. That's really low...and not to forget, very disrespectful.
And most of all, do not turn other's opinion down.
I strongly believe Islam to be a peaceful religion.
Joe agrees. What's your problem? Is the thought hurting you so badly it turned into depression mode?
Call me whatever, for I honestly don't give a sh1t.
Everyone has the right to speak their mind and if we believe Islam is evil and needs to be condemned we have the right to state this. You're going to have to learn to deal with it.
Boon

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#100 Oct 7, 2013
WaryaaGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What good work?. The Yanks ran as fast as the African cheetah.lol.
Al shabab cowards used children as human shield to save their leader. That is why the navy seals withrew. One good thing to come out of this though, is Al shabab is as good as dead cos its leadship will never be accepted by the international community if they ever took power in somalia....... The US sent in the navy seals to show off. They could have waited when al shabab were gathered and drop cluster bombs on their heads. Simple as that. Take out the leadership and foot soldiers with one blow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Navy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third breakdown in year for $360M US Navy warships 15 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Mon karinoweb 62
News Council Member Kicked Out of Meeting for Wearin... (Sep '08) Sun Gary 71
News Memory of SEALs defiled at funeral (May '13) Aug 27 Eyes of Texas 20
News Jordan Oa Hearn joins Mountain RF Sensors Inc. ... Aug 26 GSohearn 1
News US warship fires warning shots at Iranian boats Aug 26 USA Today 2
News US Navy says small Iranian boats harassed warsh... Aug 24 USA Today 1
More from around the web