More Guns Equal More Deaths, Study Finds

More Guns Equal More Deaths, Study Finds

There are 7 comments on the Live Science story from Sep 23, 2013, titled More Guns Equal More Deaths, Study Finds. In it, Live Science reports that:

In the study, published today in the American Journal of Medicine, researchers analyzed gun ownership rates, crime rates and deaths from firearms across 27 developed countries around the world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Live Science.

Bruce VB

Ardsley, NY

#1 Sep 23, 2013
Why would Dr Bangalore immigrate to such a dangerous place as America? Freedoms not available in his homeland or maybe the American dream which was won and preserved by Americans with guns. Take away the means for the people to defend this freedom and you could have stayed home because the America you know will cease to exist. Government should fear the people, not the opposite. There are unfortunate, horrific incidents, but are they sufficient reason to relinquish the power of the people to a ruling class of politicians? If anyone prefers to be ruled, move to any number of countries who would accommodate you. Don't try to change the United States into where all of our immigrants ran away from.
hey

Huntsville, AL

#2 Sep 23, 2013
Bruce VB wrote:
crazy man. So your answer to a statistical study is paranoid nonsense and immigrant bashing?
Bruce VB

Springfield, NJ

#3 Sep 24, 2013
Hey,There is no immigrant bashing. But if you want to put the typical liberal spin on it, feel free to do so. Left wing statistical study always has results to promote the liberal agenda. Same goes for right wing statistical studies. My question is,when will people use intellect instead of emotion. As for our immigrants, why are they here? Because America offers more than any place else on earth Mr. Hey. My family immigrated here. Looking forward to more of your entertaining logic, or lack of.
Your

Huntsville, AL

#4 Sep 24, 2013
Bruce VB wrote:
Why would Dr Bangalore immigrate to such a dangerous place as America?

If anyone prefers to be ruled, move to any number of countries who would accommodate you. Don't try to change the United States into where all of our immigrants ran away from.
words
Yes

Huntsville, AL

#5 Sep 24, 2013
Bruce VB wrote:
The search for truth is by definition a liberal enterprise. If anyone is imposing emotion on what I assume to be a statistically sound study, it would be your off-topic reaction and invocation of the usual gun extremist truisms without reference to the methods and results of the study.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6 Sep 24, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
The search for truth is by definition a liberal enterprise.
Even if you have to make it up on the fly.
Bruce VB

Ardsley, NY

#7 Sep 25, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
The search for truth is by definition a liberal enterprise. If anyone is imposing emotion on what I assume to be a statistically sound study, it would be your off-topic reaction and invocation of the usual gun extremist truisms without reference to the methods and results of the study.
. Searching for the truth? Is that why we all know what happened with Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS targeting, and the NSA monitoring? As for the "study", it was a phone survey. Sounds like a poll to me. We all know the questions are never skewed to favor whoever financed said research. But then again, you assume the study was sound. I would like to thank you for the extremist label. I am when it comes to what I believe. Mediocrity seldom carries the desired message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Navy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 2 hr dca 52
News National WWII Museum displaying LIFE magazine a... Sun DC Dave 4
News SEAL who wrote bin Laden raid tell-all forced t... Sun Slade Surfer Thom... 5
News Feds torpedo Navy sailor's 'Clinton defense' Aug 19 Lawrence Wolf 17
News AG Holder worries about revenge for bin Laden (May '11) Aug 17 Tea bag suicide c... 201
News F-22 Raptor grounded by 20,000 bees Aug 16 greymouser 12
News Japan defense review expresses 'deep concern' a... Aug 12 Ainu 2
More from around the web