Lifting ban on women in combat is hailed

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Free Press

For Therese Wrobel, Thursday's historic announcement that the military is lifting its ban on women serving in combat only makes sense.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
confused

Toledo, OH

#1 Jan 25, 2013
I am not so sure that it is time to uncork the champagne bottle.there might be isolated areas of female adapting to combat but it has never been used in war.even north Vietnam discouraged it. Folks I am all for equal rights but this is where line is drawn .even in biblical times females weren't used in combat.the male overall has different chemistry to handle combat situations. It has been proven time and time again in Korea Vietnam and before.in direct harsh environments the female has never been used for extreme combat situations. Nothing has changed except trying to convince they would handle combat like men.
Sagittarius

Romeo, MI

#3 Jan 27, 2013
My personal opinion...this could be very dangerous for a list full of reasons! Dumb call!
Why

Milford, MI

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? I need to pay more attention

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Guard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
W.Va. National Guard unit heads home (Jan '10) Aug 25 Oath Keeper 122
Texas' Perry smiles for mug shot, gets ice cream Aug 21 F Elizondo Jb 3
New ISP troopers hit the road Aug 20 Idealist101 1
First National Guard troops at Texas-Mexico border Aug 20 STOMP AN ILLEGAL ... 5
Bullet wound to arm may have occurred when Mich... Aug 20 hardhead 2
First National Guard troops at Texas-Mexico border Aug 16 the Light 64
National Guard On Border, But Not Perry's 1,000 Aug 15 blade007 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US National Guard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••