Fort Smith: Another Blytheville?

May 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Log Cabin Democrat

Fort Smith doesn't want to become Blytheville. That's what the fight over the 188th Fighter Wing boils down to.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2012
fight for it

Benton, AR

#1 Jun 17, 2012
Please, please,please don't become another "Blytheville", the world does not need another "Blytheville"!!!!!!! !!! LMAO!!!!!!!
Florida retired

Garrett, IN

#2 Jun 17, 2012
I was stationed at Blytheville not a bad base I had a good time there but really...Blytheville had one "hot" spot to go to for parties. The holiday Inn. Either that or drive an hour to Memphis. Yes it was the base that kept that place going but like everything else corporations and businesses included. Missions change and we do more with less. If the fear is the town going to nothing do more now to get large commercial industry to invest. Make it worth it to them now. I guarantee fighting this is futile they will cut costs and spending and put more men and woman in danger while deployed telling them to do the best they can with what they have. And one thing I know they will get it done. Because they are the best military fighting men and woman in the world.

Blytheville, AR

#3 Jun 17, 2012
fight for it wrote:
Please, please,please don't become another "Blytheville", the world does not need another "Blytheville"!!!!!!! !!! LMAO!!!!!!!
The ironic part of that story is that Blytheville and Mississippi County have more industrial related jobs than they ever have. I read somewhere that it is the 3rd ranked county in the state for industrial jobs and the highest for average wages among those type jobs. The population of the county has declined every year since the late 1940's. Here's a quick look: 1950-82,375...1960-70,174...19 70-62,060...1980-59,517...1990 -57,525...2000-51,979...2010-4 6,480
citizen

Little Rock, AR

#4 Jun 17, 2012
Going to get worse if they don't get a handle on crime.
As white population goes down, crime goes up.
Commuter

Paragould, AR

#5 Jun 17, 2012
There may be lots of industrial jobs in Blytheville, but a lot of those workers don't live in Blytheville or even Armorel. If you're smart, you get the hell out of Mississippi county when the shift ends.
Stats

Blytheville, AR

#6 Jun 18, 2012
Commuter wrote:
There may be lots of industrial jobs in Blytheville, but a lot of those workers don't live in Blytheville or even Armorel. If you're smart, you get the hell out of Mississippi county when the shift ends.
I have been renting a duplex east of town for a couple of years because people said not to buy here. Well, that has worked out pretty good for me. I am getting ready to buy a house in the same area and the payments are going to be about the same as my rent plus I can tax deduct the interest on the loan. I will take that deal anytime. I don't have any kids so the school issue is not a concern for me. I consider it just damn stupid to drive 80 to 100 miles round trip everyday when I can be at work in 10 minutes from the house I am buying.
crime victim

Benton, AR

#7 Jun 18, 2012
Stats wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been renting a duplex east of town for a couple of years because people said not to buy here. Well, that has worked out pretty good for me. I am getting ready to buy a house in the same area and the payments are going to be about the same as my rent plus I can tax deduct the interest on the loan. I will take that deal anytime. I don't have any kids so the school issue is not a concern for me. I consider it just damn stupid to drive 80 to 100 miles round trip everyday when I can be at work in 10 minutes from the house I am buying.
'

It's all fine and good you brought a house here, just wait until you get broken in on and see how you feel. We were broken into by our neighbors. The police were called, took a report and left. That was over 5 years ago and nothing has been done about it. These thieves are robbing us all blind and there is no follow up on your case. Yes the people that robbed us were black but the people that helped them pawn the items taken were white. These people stole from us to buy drugs, we found all of this out by word of mouth. My advice to you is to make sure the day you sign papers for you new house, make sure you have the security company install your alarm the same day!!!
negro

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Jun 20, 2012
Stats wrote:
<quoted text>
man you gots to be stupid. weez gonna rob your place while you at work

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US National Guard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
W.Va. National Guard unit heads home (Jan '10) Aug 25 Oath Keeper 122
Texas' Perry smiles for mug shot, gets ice cream Aug 21 F Elizondo Jb 3
New ISP troopers hit the road Aug 20 Idealist101 1
First National Guard troops at Texas-Mexico border Aug 20 STOMP AN ILLEGAL ... 5
Bullet wound to arm may have occurred when Mich... Aug 20 hardhead 2
First National Guard troops at Texas-Mexico border Aug 16 the Light 64
National Guard On Border, But Not Perry's 1,000 Aug 15 blade007 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US National Guard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••