DeLaughter, Langston home after prison stints

Apr 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Djournal.com

Former Booneville attorney Joey Langston will sleep in his own bed tonight. For the past 24 months, his less-than-elegant bunk has been in an Alabama federal prison camp.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
A Interested Lawyer

Timpson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I thought he was disbarred. So how can it be his law firm. Guess its a good time to file a bar complaint.
Argo

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Oh you concerned "people" from Tenaha. TX....... No wonder you are so interested in MS politics

- Obviously, if you are an actual lawyer, your case load must look extremely light to give you so much free time to hang out with us commoners on Topix.
Facts Are Facts

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Argo wrote:
Oh you concerned "people" from Tenaha. TX....... No wonder you are so interested in MS politics
- Obviously, if you are an actual lawyer, your case load must look extremely light to give you so much free time to hang out with us commoners on Topix.
You "Red Legs" are too sensitive. But what is it you don't understand about "pleading guilty" to a federal corruption crime? That is like saying "I did it", right? Do the crime, do them time. But don't give the criminal back his law license. Seems he violated an oath taken to uphold the law, unless you "Red Legs" are different from the rest of American society.
Argo

Clinton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

I don't believe he ever got his license back. He certainly hasn't tried a case, or it would be all over the Daily Journal.
A Interested Lawyer

Timpson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

All I know is he puts on his little preppy boy suits, goes to his law office every day.
maid

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Somebody has to pour the coffee for Bubba. LMAO
Truth

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

LarryKingLive wrote:
Success is admirable when it is earned, not when stolen or BOUGHT!
I cannot say for sure what happened in the case as I wasn't there. However, Joey pleaded guilty and I have read the transcript of the plea and I know what admissions were made.
That said, there are a LOT of things I DO know about because I WAS around. I worked with Joey for a number of years. He earned his money, he earned respect and he earned a reputation as a dedicated, passionate advocate for his clients as well as a generous supporter of the community, particularly the children of the community.

So I can assure you that Joey EARNED his success long before he went into business with Mr. Scruggs. Unfortunately folks look at Joey and see the Scruggs scandal. Knowing him 40+ years I can tell you that the Scruggs matter is a tiny part of who Joey is and I truly hate that it is defining his legacy.

I trust that in coming years he will be able to repair that image and folks will see that he is no different from the rest of the population - he is human. He made mistakes. But unlike a lot of folks, he paid for his mistakes. Let him move on.
shame

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot say for sure what happened in the case as I wasn't there. However, Joey pleaded guilty and I have read the transcript of the plea and I know what admissions were made.
That said, there are a LOT of things I DO know about because I WAS around. I worked with Joey for a number of years. He earned his money, he earned respect and he earned a reputation as a dedicated, passionate advocate for his clients as well as a generous supporter of the community, particularly the children of the community.

So I can assure you that Joey EARNED his success long before he went into business with Mr. Scruggs. Unfortunately folks look at Joey and see the Scruggs scandal. Knowing him 40+ years I can tell you that the Scruggs matter is a tiny part of who Joey is and I truly hate that it is defining his legacy.

I trust that in coming years he will be able to repair that image and folks will see that he is no different from the rest of the population - he is human. He made mistakes. But unlike a lot of folks, he paid for his mistakes. Let him move on.
When you sell out, become corrupt, tell a lie, take or give bribes, you will NEVER be respected again, NEVER be trusted again. And the legacy, haha, Convicted Felon, Jailbird, the one who had to pay for success
I know

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

All boils down to greed. You say he supported the community, trust me he did nothing that didn't benefit him. I know from experience he is a greedy POS.
A Interested Lawyer

Amory, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

I hope that he would know better and not be in the office and practicing law after bing disbarred. Than would only cause Casey and Bubba grief. But what is it to Joey, if he gets to do what he wants. He would love to be the big powerful trial lawyer again.....
cairo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Happy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maxwell Air Force Base Discussions

Search the Maxwell Air Force Base Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Louis Sanders Receives 21st Annual Buffalo... Jan '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
New President Selected For Nicholls State (Sep '13) Sep '13 Huh Whutzup 1
President Obama's Visit To Atlanta (Jun '12) Jun '12 IHrVces 2
Myrtle Beach Civil Air Patrol commander suspend... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Rosa Bogar 1
After 26 years, Master Sgt. Junius Parham retir... (Apr '10) Sep '11 Gramps 3
Military Notes: 05.28.11 (May '11) May '11 shelby 1
General: Racism still deserves dialogue (Mar '09) May '11 MSgt Platt 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••