Marine dies after day of training at ...

Marine dies after day of training at Twentynine Palms

There are 4 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Feb 26, 2012, titled Marine dies after day of training at Twentynine Palms. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

A Marine collapsed and died Saturday night after a day of training at the base at Twentynine Palms in preparation fordeployment to Afghanistan, the Marine Corps announced Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Darcy

Elk Grove, CA

#1 Feb 27, 2012
When will we know who the Marine was or from what city he was from?
RIF

United States

#2 Feb 27, 2012
After his next of kin have been properly notified.
MIL

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Feb 27, 2012
My SIL is there with the 2nd training for predeployment. He is based at Camp LeJeune. I pray he is okay.
anon

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2012
His name was Jon Long

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Likely To Send 1,000 More Troops To Take ... Mar 16 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Bronx Marine Sgt. Michael Haridat charged in No... (Jan '10) Mar 10 MIKE HARIDAT 12
News Female Marines to sleep next to male Marines in... Feb '17 16 TEEN SHOTS 37
News Memorial to 1st black Marines dedicated at Camp... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Navy secretary to discuss women in combat at Ca... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Blinders and Gags 8
News Fallen Marine from Mancelona remembered five ye... (Aug '15) Aug '15 John Bush 1
News Shallow inlet affects shrimpers, military (Jul '15) Jul '15 Billy Weishaar 1
More from around the web