Colonel believes decline in vet numbers is cause for concern

Full story: Community Advocate Newspaper

"I wish a Vietnam veteran could walk beside me when I come through an airport in uniform and people thank me for my service," U.S. Air Force Col.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2012
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Your service to your country is very much appreciate by your fellow veterans including myself. I am aware of how difficult it is to adjust to the changing times and attitude of the military today. Surviving these difficult times is the real challenge but you are proof of what a veteran believes in and dedicates to his/her country. Thank you for your dedication.
CV Compton Shaw

Dupont, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

The revolutionary political, social, and cultural forces that became prominent and dominant in the USA in the late 1960's and early 1970's inclusive of feminism,multiculturalism, monopoly capitalism, and other Orwellian concepts are inherently anti-veteran and reject the traditional male virtues.
One of the main reasons that Ancient Rome declined and fell was the feminization of it's men.
The two main other causes were massive illegal and unjust legal immigration and the increasing concentration of both political and economic power in a few individuals and entities.
Of course, the aforementioned is now occurring in the USA, which, as a result, is declining.
However, yesterday, I wore my Vietnam War miniature medals with my miniature CIB to the local mall. Everyone treated me courteously and politely.
This was not always the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hurlburt Field Discussions

Search the Hurlburt Field Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Soldier has movie role (Jun '10) Jun '10 party 2
Non-Aid Flights to Haiti Halted (Jan '10) Jan '10 Valen 1
Military bases could feel drilling's impact (Nov '09) Nov '09 skeptic1 2
Santa Rosa vies for 800 jobs (Aug '09) Aug '09 Navarrbeacher 1
UPDATED: Overboard is off-limits for military (Apr '09) Apr '09 Dog Lover 1
Official: AC-130 faces adjustments at Cannon (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gunship Vet 1
•••
•••