New rules for U.S. borders about to take effect

May 24, 2009 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sfgate.com

After years of delay and hundreds of millions of dollars in preparations, Customs and Border Protection officials said new security measures would go into effect on June 1, requiring Americans entering the country by land or sea to show government-approved identification.

On sfgate New laws requiring approved identification for entering the U.S. Will aid in security in the U.S. May be time for a federal national encrypted i.d. Some forms of identification can be forged.....Tim

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

I thought we already had those rules. Isnt that what your passport is? Is this another change that says one thing and does another? I really feel sorry for lawyers. No wonder they specialize now, just like doctors. Theres so much to know about red tape and its impossible to know it all. Its called confusion.
dumm sith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

Border Protection officials said new security measures would go into effect on June 1, requiring Americans entering the country by land or sea to show government-approved identification.
THIS ISN'T APPLY IF YOU'RE A ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANY GOVERMENT APPROVED ID JUST COME IN.LAWS ONLY APPLY TO AMERICANS IN THIS COUNTRY EVERYBODY ELSE CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT.GOD HELP US
What

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Well first of all, this shouldn't be a surprise. It's been in the works for quite some time and the date advanced at least once that I can remember.

As to illegal alien borders jumpers, they'll just keep sneaking in due to our wide-open borders.
TRUE BLUE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Do you need gov.-approved I.D. to enter the USA illegally? When the USA turns to crap I hope I don't have to show I.D. to get out.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

The new legistlation should discourage crossing at border crossings.
May not do any thing for illegal migration..Tim

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

IMO, this war on illegal immigration will take all sorts of ideas working in tandem to resolve the problem.

rather than sit in constant debate about what to do, I think it is good that stuff is being implemented.

I for one am the first to admit I don't know all the answers. as I see it, get things going, and then, later, we can finetune the process.

bottomline, get these illegals aliens out of our country before they bankrupt us.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

Wonder if this includes by tunnel?..Tim

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Forks Air Force Base Discussions

Search the Grand Forks Air Force Base Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ND congregations that grew with Air Force now s... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Listen to the Word 1
Grand Forks AFB Airmen welcome Global Hawk (Feb '12) Apr '12 BUCK JOHNSTON 2
Report: US Drones Come Home (Dec '11) Dec '11 My Goodness 6
Air Force master sergeant not guilty (Dec '10) Dec '10 Ohio Nodak 1
Home wanted 15 to 20 miles west of the base. (Mar '10) May '10 Justgottransferred 2
Air Force Special - Permit to Carry Training (Jul '09) Jul '09 Rusty Ramirez 1
New Requirements on Border ID Stir Worries at C... (May '09) May '09 Jkjkhardcore 39
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••