Report: US Drones Come Home

Report: US Drones Come Home

There are 6 comments on the Common Dreams story from Dec 11, 2011, titled Report: US Drones Come Home. In it, Common Dreams reports that:

Predator drones are being used in domestic law enforcement cases, raising concerns that the aircraft are being deployed beyond the missions that Congress originally authorized them for, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Dreams.

North Dakota

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 11, 2011
Drones should be used!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#2 Dec 11, 2011
Using drones to protect citizen in other countries is o.k. but protecting American citizens is not o.k. Explain that logic.
North Dakota

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Dec 11, 2011
Did you read the thread?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#4 Dec 11, 2011
Yes I did and I cannot understand why anybody would be opposed to using drones to protect our country. It seems that protecting the Afgahn or Iraq border is doable and o.k. but protecting the U.S. border is a bad thing and impossible.

Evil Eagle

“ON THE PROWL..”

Since: Jun 10

Big Birds Nest..

#5 Dec 11, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Using drones to protect citizen in other countries is o.k. but protecting American citizens is not o.k. Explain that logic.
Using drones for a LE act of other citizens is a waste of funds.. Their mission was/is to protect the border not domestic BS..

"The Times said a North Dakota county sheriff asked federal authorities to employ a drone for surveillance in a standoff with three men on a large farm on June 23, resulting in the first known arrests of U.S. citizens involving the spy planes in domestic cases."

"Congress authorized the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to buy unarmed Predators in 2005, the Times said, to search for illegal immigrants and smugglers on the country's northern and southwestern borders."

Most LE agencies have their owned manned aircraft and using the drones for other than their mission is wrong.. I would rather see them doing their job on the borders than interior domestic issues.. JMO..

Eagle
My Goodness

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 11, 2011
Someone's full of hate in post #6?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Forks Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Six military bases to house illegal immigrants (Jan '16) Jan '16 Dee Dee Dee 2
News Soldier fatal shooter at N.D. Walmart (May '15) May '15 mdg 1
News 2 dead in shooting at Grand Forks Walmart, airm... (May '15) May '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News ND congregations that grew with Air Force now s... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Listen to the Word 1
News Grand Forks AFB Airmen welcome Global Hawk (Feb '12) Apr '12 BUCK JOHNSTON 2
News Air Force master sergeant not guilty (Dec '10) Dec '10 Ohio Nodak 1
Home wanted 15 to 20 miles west of the base. (Mar '10) May '10 Justgottransferred 2
More from around the web