Soldier from London, KY killed in Afghanistan

Jan 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBIR-TV Knoxville

A U.S. Army soldier who was a recent graduate of South Laurel High School has been killed in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense has confirmed, according to WLEX in Lexington.

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Friend

Mayfield, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2012
Rip dustin. napier
Outraged

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2012
He will be truly missed. Pray for his family. They are wonderful people.
unbelieveable

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2012
Outraged wrote:
He will be truly missed. Pray for his family. They are wonderful people.
You are totally unbelieveable! You support the sale of alcohol, plan on opening a bar, support the abuse of women and children, have no respect for the sanctity of marriage by encouraging men and women to become adulters just to name a few and you expect this young mans family and wife to believe that you KNOW how to pray. Don't make me gag! Your MOTHER should have considered an abortion when she found out she was carrying you.
unbelieveable

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2012
Big Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>This ain't the spot,Dude!Take your trash somewhere else.Rest In Peace,TROOPER!
You are absolutely right! My sincere apologizes to you and this young mans family. There is no excuse for MY rude behavior. My only excuse, I have read that woman's evil and trashy comments on other topics and found it unbelieveable that she could offer up prayers to this family in their time of sorrow. My second mistake was not making sure what topic I was reading before posting. This was NOT the place for what I said. My apologizes to the family.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#6 Jan 10, 2012
I don't know this person, but my prayers are out there for this family whose son was sacrificed for this nation. This situation gets my 21 gun salute.
Journey

London, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2012
Sorry....SO SORRY DARYL...
wonder

London, KY

#9 Jan 10, 2012
Does anyone know what Afghanistan done to this nation ? I still have never figured out why our army is in Afghanistan .
laurel co man

Heidrick, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2012
unbelieveable wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally unbelieveable! You support the sale of alcohol, plan on opening a bar, support the abuse of women and children, have no respect for the sanctity of marriage by encouraging men and women to become adulters just to name a few and you expect this young mans family and wife to believe that you KNOW how to pray. Don't make me gag! Your MOTHER should have considered an abortion when she found out she was carrying you.
IT WOULD MAKE ME SLEEP A LITTLE BETTER IF U HAD THE RUNS ALL WEEK. THIS BOY WHICH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GAVE HIS LIFE FOR A UNGRATEFUL DICK AS YOUR SELF.so when u go lay your a$$ in bed tonight think of those boys and girls that r over there with just a blanket and rifle so u can watch ellen on tv in FREEDOM.
a stranger

Somerset, KY

#12 Jan 10, 2012
RIP Napier...my heart goes out to his family and friends.
friend

London, KY

#13 Jan 10, 2012
R.I.P Dustin Napier you will be missed Dearly!!!!!!! Thank you for defending our country you are a true hero, soldier, and friend!!!!!!! Praying for your family!!!!!! We lost a Great soldier, friend, brother, son, and most of all a HERO!!!!!!!!!! LOVE AND MISS YOU LITTLE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!
jarhead

London, KY

#14 Jan 10, 2012
wonder wrote:
Does anyone know what Afghanistan done to this nation ? I still have never figured out why our army is in Afghanistan .
Its called 9/11 now. All my sincere prayers and thanks to this young man's family may he rest in peace.
Who

Hazard, KY

#15 Jan 10, 2012
friend wrote:
R.I.P Dustin Napier you will be missed Dearly!!!!!!! Thank you for defending our country you are a true hero, soldier, and friend!!!!!!! Praying for your family!!!!!! We lost a Great soldier, friend, brother, son, and most of all a HERO!!!!!!!!!! LOVE AND MISS YOU LITTLE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!
Who was he and who is his family..I know there are several familiies of "Napiers" in this town and I was wondering who his family is...Thanks
family member of Dustins

United States

#16 Jan 10, 2012
unbelieveable wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it takes a sick idiot to put anything negative towards anyone on here at this time.I dont think there is a RIGHT way to pray.Doesnt mean prayers will not be answered.Dustins family can use each and every prayer we can get,and I dont think God intended us study a blueprint to do so.God answers prayers.As for yourself,you should take your trouble making inconciderste attention wanting self centered tail away from this post.Didnt see you offering up any prayers.God bless him and we thank him for the prayers.
Ashley Rutledge

London, KY

#17 Jan 11, 2012
unbelieveable wrote:
<quoted text>
1st off, if you don't know how to use topix then dont get on it! Dustin was an amazing boy! I grew up with him in church! He was such a loving, caring, sweet boy! It makes me sick to even think that someone would say something so hurtful to anyone, especially a U.S ARMY SOLDIER that DIED fighting for an jerk as yourself!He had just started his life, and got it take way to soon! He is loved, and missed by not just a few but by millions of people. I love you Dustin, and your family is in my heart and prayers!
The real outraged

United States

#18 Jan 11, 2012
I am soo sorry that the lost above got on this thread. Apparently someone had used my name and made them mad on another thread. This is a wonderful family. This young man will be missed by all who knew him.
The real outraged

United States

#19 Jan 11, 2012
Darryl my heart goes out to you and your family. I've known you for years and that poster above should have had respect. I know you served and you are a proud man. God will see you thru
ohh

London, KY

#20 Jan 11, 2012
laurel co man wrote:
<quoted text>
IT WOULD MAKE ME SLEEP A LITTLE BETTER IF U HAD THE RUNS ALL WEEK. THIS BOY WHICH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GAVE HIS LIFE FOR A UNGRATEFUL DICK AS YOUR SELF.so when u go lay your a$$ in bed tonight think of those boys and girls that r over there with just a blanket and rifle so u can watch ellen on tv in FREEDOM.
I feel sorry for this boys family but i dont know where people like you say that someone like this boy gave his life for us , i have never had any of these people from other countries do anything to me .
They have never come here and said i cant watch Tv if we buy and pay for our tv's no one should tell us when we can watch them .
Death is a bad thing for anyone ,i dont see how anyone could take any human life .The world is in bad shape not just in this country. Did you see the 18 news tonight said that 4 marines was caught in pictures urinated on the ones they killed , them dead bodies was someones loving child too . All lifes are precious and we are all Gods children no matter what race or country we are from. Just pray for world peace and for our soldiers to come home .
Masterblaster

Paris, KY

#21 Jan 11, 2012
RIP young trooper, you served and gave all. The loss to your family and Laurel County will be not forgotten. I pray for your family and brothers in arms.
for your info

Jeffersonville, IN

#22 Jan 11, 2012
ohh wrote:
<quoted text>I feel sorry for this boys family but i dont know where people like you say that someone like this boy gave his life for us , i have never had any of these people from other countries do anything to me .
They have never come here and said i cant watch Tv if we buy and pay for our tv's no one should tell us when we can watch them .
Death is a bad thing for anyone ,i dont see how anyone could take any human life .The world is in bad shape not just in this country. Did you see the 18 news tonight said that 4 marines was caught in pictures urinated on the ones they killed , them dead bodies was someones loving child too . All lifes are precious and we are all Gods children no matter what race or country we are from. Just pray for world peace and for our soldiers to come home .
Many will cry peace, peace but there will be no peace. Isac and Ismael children will always be fighting eachother, just pray for the peace of Jeruslem if you want to make it!!!!!!!!!!
Friend

Corbin, KY

#23 Jan 12, 2012
The real outraged wrote:
Darryl my heart goes out to you and your family. I've known you for years and that poster above should have had respect. I know you served and you are a proud man. God will see you thru
it's dustin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Wainwright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ataleaya Saganitso (Aug '13) Aug '13 Smallnavajo 1
Fairbanks police respond to report of shots fir... (Dec '12) Jan '13 Sue 2
Army sergeant gets 30 days in battery of soldier (Aug '12) Aug '12 Huckster not 1
Detroit funeral set for soldier shot by fellow ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ralph 2
Army jury returns split verdict in suicide case (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ohio Wrangler 1
Los Alamitos military theater has a rich histor... (Oct '08) Apr '12 Ellis 5
40,000 soldiers to leave Afghanistan by end of ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Kalera 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Fort Wainwright People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••