Wisconsin soldier, 19, dies in Afghan...

Wisconsin soldier, 19, dies in Afghanistan

There are 11 comments on the The Janesville Gazette - Janesville, Wisconsin story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Wisconsin soldier, 19, dies in Afghanistan. In it, The Janesville Gazette - Janesville, Wisconsin reports that:

A 19-year-old soldier from central Wisconsin is dead and two other soldiers wounded after their Stryker vehicle hit an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Janesville Gazette - Janesville, Wisconsin.

Tom Hartley

Canton, GA

#1 Jun 16, 2011
I am saddened by the lost of another fine young American Warrior. May God bring Peace and understanding to Ryan's family and loved ones.
God Bless the family and God Bless America!!
Alpharetta, Ga.
former US Army
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#2 Jun 17, 2011
More lives wasted on a war the USA started by meddling in the mideast.

The USA is a sick nation that will not win anything in the ME except death, debt and dishonor.

The USA needs to go home and quit being a LOSER

These wars will NEVER be won in 1000 years because our enemy is stronger than we are , what do they have to lose?
AnAlaskan

Valdez, AK

#3 Jun 17, 2011
Words are not enough to express how deeply saddened we Alaskans are at this tragedy. Lord be with you all as you deal with the hurt of losing such a brave young man. While many others his age are out on the streets dealing in drugs and causing trouble this young man chose instead to serve his country. He is indeed a hero.
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#4 Jun 17, 2011
AnAlaskan wrote:
Words are not enough to express how deeply saddened we Alaskans are at this tragedy. Lord be with you all as you deal with the hurt of losing such a brave young man. While many others his age are out on the streets dealing in drugs and causing trouble this young man chose instead to serve his country. He is indeed a hero.
WRONG....he just wasted his life for his corrupt government

Follow the money that is what this war is about....not the flag
peggysue

Madison, WI

#5 Jun 18, 2011
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG....he just wasted his life for his corrupt government
Follow the money that is what this war is about....not the flag
@ RATTLE KATTLE ... WHAT YOU WROTE IS INAPPROPRIATE AT THIS TIME!!! His family and friends need and deserve condolences and support right now ....... SHAME ON YOU!!!!
peggysue

Madison, WI

#6 Jun 18, 2011
Rattle Kattle wrote:
More lives wasted on a war the USA started by meddling in the mideast.
The USA is a sick nation that will not win anything in the ME except death, debt and dishonor.
The USA needs to go home and quit being a LOSER
These wars will NEVER be won in 1000 years because our enemy is stronger than we are , what do they have to lose?
GOOD GRIEF MAN!!! STOP POSTING - YOU ARE AN INCONSIDERATE MORON!!!
Rattle Kattle

Casselberry, FL

#7 Jun 19, 2011
peggysue wrote:
<quoted text>
@ RATTLE KATTLE ... WHAT YOU WROTE IS INAPPROPRIATE AT THIS TIME!!! His family and friends need and deserve condolences and support right now ....... SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Condolences....they are feeling guilt for not stopping him from getting involved in another LOSER WAR.

Let me tell you something.....when you send people to war you risk death...that is just the way it is.

How about some condolenses for all the innocent people our soldiers have killed....How about that?

SHAME ON our whole sick nation for INVADING other nations, who do we think we are?

We will win some small battles yet lose these wars and it will all be for NOTHING.

Americans are arrogant and ignorant , that is why we were spanked and humiliated in Vietnam and will be again in these wars.

Salute this soldier and mourn his passing but remember who sent him to die...his own corrupt government.

Salute the troops 24/7/365....we are still going to lose...the element of time and reality of expense guarentee it.
hedleylamarr

Ann Arbor, MI

#8 Jun 20, 2011
It is sad that he lost his life in a war that we will never win. He is not a hero, I do not consider my uncle who died in Korea nor my cousin in Vietnam heros. they did not save anyone nor do something heroic. they were in the wrong place.

as far as the US killing innocents, the enemy is not innocent, they thing of nothing of killing americans (sept 11), so I feel no sympathy for them.
the object of war is peace and you do no want to die for your country, you want the other poor bastard to die for his.
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#9 Jun 21, 2011
hedleylamarr wrote:
It is sad that he lost his life in a war that we will never win. He is not a hero, I do not consider my uncle who died in Korea nor my cousin in Vietnam heros. they did not save anyone nor do something heroic. they were in the wrong place.
as far as the US killing innocents, the enemy is not innocent, they thing of nothing of killing americans (sept 11), so I feel no sympathy for them.
the object of war is peace and you do no want to die for your country, you want the other poor bastard to die for his.
You are a classic american fool.

THE OBJECT OF WAR IS PROFIT, WAR IS A BUSINESS!

Killing innocents is an american specialty....2 million in Vietnam alone

There is no nation with more innocent blood on its hands than the USA....if you want to be HONEST.

9/11/01...was a minor attack when you compare it to some of the bombngs we have pulled off.....do a body count...fool.

The USA is a war monger nation and the greatest threat to world peace EVER.

The enemy is us, as we go broke....the USA is a loser in all these wars

hedleylamarr

Ann Arbor, MI

#10 Jun 21, 2011
hey rattle,

you do not seem to appreciate the united states why dont you just leave and go to ah say somalia, yeah that would be a nice place for you or hey how about irag, you seem to love them so much,you are the fool.

There is no nation with more innocent blood on its hands than the USA....if you want to be HONEST.

really,,did you forget about hitler? 10 million+
Rattle Kattle

Sanford, FL

#11 Jun 21, 2011
hedleylamarr wrote:
hey rattle,
you do not seem to appreciate the united states why dont you just leave and go to ah say somalia, yeah that would be a nice place for you or hey how about irag, you seem to love them so much,you are the fool.
really,,did you forget about hitler? 10 million+
WW2 cost over 50 million lives, which was bad for those that died and their families but it was good for the world's population.

You are a basic "love it or leave it' type, what you are forgetting is.... that is what Hitler and the Gestapo told Germans that said bad things about the Nazi government.

You like many moronic americans do not understand freedom. We have the freedom of dissent.....yet you want to destroy that by telling people to leave the country because the criticize it.

The US Govt wants WAR because it is controlled by special intrests that make billions on war. Do YOU actually think the american people ever gave a damn about the Koreans, Vietnamese or anyone else?

The USA would bomb heaven if it would make a buck at it. The angels would be declared insurgents and bad guys.

This soldier died in a war we are destined to lose...our loss is guarenteed. We do not really want to win.

WHY SPOIL A PERFECTLY GOOD WAR BY WINNING IT??????????

Again....salute these soldiers...then research the motives for our nation in love with WAR.

The USA is the most unrealistic arrogant nation on the planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Wainwright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hymera native will lead NIH Clinical Center (Jan '17) Jan '17 From Hymera 1
News Lawmakers bash U.S. Army plan to cut 57,000 tro... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Miss Id 1
News Cat hitches ride to Alaska in mattress, reunite... (Jun '15) Jun '15 butters_ 5
News Ataleaya Saganitso (Aug '13) Aug '13 Smallnavajo 1
News Fairbanks police respond to report of shots fir... (Dec '12) Jan '13 Sue 2
News Army sergeant gets 30 days in battery of soldier (Aug '12) Aug '12 Huckster not 1
News Detroit funeral set for soldier shot by fellow ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ralph 2
More from around the web