'That's not who I was before I deployed'

Full story: SI.com
Walking through a crowded shopping mall can bring back memories of war. The shifting crowds, the jostle of passers-by and the din can all trigger Army Sgt. Read more
MilHealth

Mclean, VA

#1 Oct 24, 2008
This is not an easy issue. There is a stigma associated with getting treatment and we need to work on breaking that down. I work with the Military Health System and we have a web site, afterdeployment.org , who’s mission it is to assist military members, veterans and families with mental health issues in an on-line environment.

This is just a first step to make sure our men and women who come home are able to access the help they need.
http://www.afterdeployment.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct '14 Gro 1
News A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 LaDonna Clark 1
News Motorists cautioned as smoke from Fort Stewart ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Lawswon 1
News Training at Fort Stewart heard across Coastal E... (Mar '14) Mar '14 anonymous 1
News This is what it's like to be an Army woman in c... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Skeptic 1
News Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jan '14 haha 5
News Tony Molchak Shot His Wife While Fighting His E... (Oct '13) Oct '13 dolly 1
More from around the web