NYT: Prayer dispute at Texas national...

NYT: Prayer dispute at Texas national cemetery

There are 2 comments on the www.msnbc.msn.com story from Aug 31, 2011, titled NYT: Prayer dispute at Texas national cemetery. In it, www.msnbc.msn.com reports that:

Every week, thousands of veterans are buried at national cemeteries, often to the sorrowful sound of a bugle.

If the government would just step out and let us have our normal buriels all would be just fine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.msnbc.msn.com.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 31, 2011
The fight is still going on daily in Houston Texas.
it's been fine for over 50 some years to pray and give thoughts out loud and now one must watch what he or she says.

Are we in China? Hmmm I thought this was the USA but one might see change and not for the good making us all feel uneasy on what we say openly:
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#2 Sep 1, 2011
Why is the state of Texas trying to spearhead this movement? I think it is honorable to at least try to console the families with some comforting words of god. I am not a religious man but I KNOW that from attending former vets funerals, words of comfort help the families at a difficult time. It is considered the 'right' thing to do at a time when there are no words for the loss. These VFW family does what they can to help in a time of need and the govt want to take that away also. Not all families want this but it helps the living to remember what was once a religious freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Snelling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fort Snelling's upper post: 'Country club,' gho... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Tellitlikeitis 8
News As Hasan trial starts, Fort Hood victims feel b... (Aug '13) Aug '13 shinningelectr0n 2
News Los Alamitos military theater has a rich histor... (Oct '08) Apr '12 Ellis 5
News Flags To Fly At Half-Staff For Fallen Minn. Sol... (Apr '11) May '11 Rattle Kattle 12
News Pawlenty honors soldier with flag proclamation (Jul '10) Jul '10 Apple Valley Cali... 1
News Honoring World War II Veteran, Sophia Woitel Wi... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Dennis Eskeli 1
More from around the web