Comanche Nation battling Fort Sill over rights to Medicine Bluff

Jul 30, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSWO

Lawton_The Comanche Nation and Fort Sill are in a bit of a battle over Medicine Bluff - one of the post's most famous landmarks.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
NDN

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

yes there is other land at Fort Sill its bad enough those contractors made a highway over
a burial site. Next they will be wanting to buy
the moon.
RetiredArmyNCO

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Judged:

There are plenty of other areas on Ft Sill to build. After seeing Medicine Bluff I understand why the native people have reverence for it. It is a beautiful and peaceful place.
Build elsewhere on post.
Friend of the Museum

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

As someone who has grown up at Fort Sill and understand it's historical importance, I find the Army's actions concerning historic sites and properties disgraceful. The systematic infiltration of the museum by retired officers with little to none professional museum education and an Environmental dept with backdoor agendas has crippled the flagship museum of the Army. GOOD LUCK FORT SILL NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK! I wish you the best.
quahnah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

the white man even battles himself. what a despicable race. (oh yeah bashers, I'm white)
land not for sale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

In all In dians Lands theres no word owen or buying Mother Earth It is Not For Sale All of Indians Needs to Stand Togother All Natives In dians come to Fort Sill What is ares is ares Not the WHITE PPL
land not for sale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Judged:

ALL NATIVE Indians Stand up what yours Dont White ppl take from us They have took enough from us They put ARE FAMILYS IN POW CAMPS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••