SA officials briefly stop development...

SA officials briefly stop development near Camp Bullis

There are 2 comments on the Bulverde Community News story from Jul 30, 2008, titled SA officials briefly stop development near Camp Bullis. In it, Bulverde Community News reports that:

San Antonio city officials July 14 temporarily halted the proposed Cresta Bella development west of Interstate 10 amid ongoing concerns about light pollution and endangered species at Camp Bullis, as a proposal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bulverde Community News.

Jerry Lindemann

Roswell, GA

#1 Aug 5, 2008
I applaud your efforts to curb development near Camp Bullis. We live next to Camp Bullis on the North end in a small sub division of about 50 homes, Ammann Oaks. Being a amateur Astronomer and Nature lover drew us to the area almost 20 years ago, the cities of Bulverde have an excellent Light Pollution ordinance, however, since our little corner falls into San Antonio's ETJ everyone I talk to says we are exempt from most property ordinances.

Is there someone I can contact that might help us find out how we can help educate the other people in this area about habitat and light pollution that impacts Camp Bullis?

Regards,

Jerry Lindemann
4810 Elm Creek Dr.
Bulverde, Tex 78163
Thomas

Albania

#2 Jul 18, 2009
Please stop development around Camp Bullis. Camp Bullis is the foremost training area for the Military Medical Services. If the military stops using Camp Bullis, San Antonio will lose millions of dollars from the influx and cycle of servicemembers coming through the area. The amount of jobs at Fort Sam and the local outlying Air Force Bases is large. They already moved the Medic Pre Deployment training out of there. You lose that vital training area and a lot of Servicemembers will not get a chance to fall in love with my home town of San Antonio. I've met quite a few Servicemembers throughout my travels and deployments that have said that they were moving into this area after they retire, mostly because of the military friendly atmosphere. If San Antonio loses Camp Bullis, it will prove that the City Leaders don't view the military installations as an asset and the military will leave.

Very Respectfully,

Thomas
deployed again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Sam Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bergdahl court-martial could wait until after N... (May '16) Jun '16 frilled2b 2
News Bergdahl to be court-martialed under new comman... (May '16) May '16 Three Days 1
News Investigator: Bergdahl left post to expose prob... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Greezy 1
3434 (Jun '15) Jun '15 Steffi Edwards 1
News Bowe Bergdahl charged with desertion (Mar '15) Mar '15 spud 2
News Pentagon slams Bergdahl story as 'patently false' (Feb '15) Feb '15 madoff zionism 2
News U.S. Military Resources Will Be Deployed To Fig... (Oct '14) Oct '14 harvinedhalmon 1
More from around the web