Austin woman makes 50 afghans for wou...

Austin woman makes 50 afghans for wounded veterans

There are 8 comments on the Austin American Statesman story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Austin woman makes 50 afghans for wounded veterans. In it, Austin American Statesman reports that:

Barbara Johnston of Austin spends nights knitting afghans for patients at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio as part of an Austin Area Quilt Guild project and as her personal campaign to support the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American Statesman.

Christina Zacharias-Ohio

Warren, OH

#1 Jul 22, 2008
I think what this generous woman is doing should be an example to all Americans. Charity begins at home and I am sure those wounded soldiers feel a little better with a homemade afghan covering them that was given with love and thanks for their service
very nice

New Britain, CT

#2 Jul 28, 2008
Christina Zacharias-Ohio wrote:
I think what this generous woman is doing should be an example to all Americans. Charity begins at home and I am sure those wounded soldiers feel a little better with a homemade afghan covering them that was given with love and thanks for their service
I love to do something like this. I knit and crochet
sdfgsdf

Oshkosh, WI

#3 Jul 28, 2008
fdgdfg
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jul 29, 2008
Are the Afghans for guys who went to Afghanistan?

I did my part. Worked the first five months of this year for Uncle Sam.
very nice

New Britain, CT

#6 Jul 29, 2008
Thanks to all our verterans for keeping American safe and strong.
very nice

New Britain, CT

#7 Jul 29, 2008
There is a great song dedicated by Tony Diana called picture of you. You can hear it on you tube.
forgetful

Allentown, PA

#8 Jul 29, 2008
Barbara Johnson, you go girl! You are a Patriot and a kind and caring woman. Those 50 people will remember how your kindness made them feel.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#9 Aug 18, 2008
Wow! May God Bless !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Sam Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3434 Jun 20 Steffi Edwards 1
News Bowe Bergdahl charged with desertion Mar '15 spud 2
News Pentagon slams Bergdahl story as 'patently false' Feb '15 madoff zionism 2
News U.S. Military Resources Will Be Deployed To Fig... (Oct '14) Oct '14 harvinedhalmon 1
News Picture Exclusive: Bowe Bergdahl's father after... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Hailey Rocks 2
News More (Aug '14) Aug '14 SirPrize 1
News GAO: Pentagon broke law in Bergdahl swap (Aug '14) Aug '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 2
More from around the web