Soldier Loses Wife & Son In Deadly Crash

Aug 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WIBW-TV Topeka

Kansas Highway Patrol reports indicate that on Friday, August 10th, 2012 at 11:43 AM, a car driven by Bryan Alfred, 21, of Junction City, was southbound on US Highway 56 when his vehicle went left of center and struck a Chevy Silverado going northbound.

Comments
41 - 60 of 63 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2013
Just Saying

De Witt, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

carla wrote:
<quoted text>I am so glad you posted this!!! Now, maybe the idiots that are on here saying what a "wonderful" guy he is and how he now has so much to cope with will get a freakin' life. He is the one who caused it and now he has to live with that. I don't feel sympathy for him in any way. My heart goes out to you and I am so sorry for your loss. And what a shame that you had to share the ashes.
Be quiet, lady. I wonder if your voice is just as annoying as your comments. Why don't you click on one of the political forums and post your naive comments on there?? Good day.

PS: You are the idiot for targeting such a sensitive topic. Loser.
carla

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Be quiet, lady. I wonder if your voice is just as annoying as your comments. Why don't you click on one of the political forums and post your naive comments on there?? Good day.
Nah...won't be quiet...and..nah...I am not an idiot. Sensitive topic??? It's reality baby...wouldn't expect you to realize that. You obviously live in a dream world.
carla

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, shut up! You are one of those naive people who believe anything they see on t.v. Pull your head out of your behind and understand accidents happen and when they do, it doesn't always have to be anyones' fault. It's called life, my dear ... read and pray on it.
Just a bit hostile aren't you. Maybe you need to read the mother/grandmother of the deceased. My head is not in my behind, but, apparently yours is.
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

carla wrote:
<quoted text>Nah...won't be quiet...and..nah...I am not an idiot. Sensitive topic??? It's reality baby...wouldn't expect you to realize that. You obviously live in a dream world.
Way to go Carla!Thank You for your support, bless you.

I am the Grandmother of these three precious Grandchildren who were killed on August 10th 2012.

For all the readers of this post, I have the police report, seven witness accounts, and physical evidence to this tragedy.

Brian was going 79 mph, crossed over the line directly into oncomming traffic.(We are all supposed to be responsible drivers.)

There is no excuse for reckless driving causing the deaths of others, no matter if a person is sober or not, the result is the same, death!

I can't begin to tell you just how much this tragedy has hurt this family, and all I see is boo hoo for bryan who was able to essentially walk away from this.He has never shown any remorse or accountability for his actions, what does that say?in my opinion.

A silver chain, armani shades,porche and birthday party via his counselor, a poor rendering of a tattoo of the family only three months out of this?! It can't replace his family.Is this truly a person that is greiving?

Think about that, it is the truth so help me GOD!

We love these Grandchildren and miss them terribly.
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

JUSTICE FOR ALL?

There should be more stringent laws and punishment for people driving recklessly weather they are under the influence or not, and resulting in the deaths of others.

Why would you have to prove intent if the police records indicate that a person was exceeding the speed limit, veering over into oncomming traffic
and hitting a truck, have eyewitness accounts and other evidence? The thing is ,it still happened.

Every time someone gets behind the wheel of a vehicle they are responsible for all within as well as others on the road.

Why should just someone who was drinking and driving recklessly resulting in the deaths of others be punished over someone who does the same thing while sober?After all, the sober driver is supposed to be in control of thier actions.

When should taking the lives of others be considerd o misdomeanor in this case?It is in Kansas!
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Steve wrote:
According to the police report...What a shame....NOBODY in this vehicle was buckled up or in a child seat!!!! SAD!!
Steve,

In concern to the collision in August 10th of 2012 where bryan alfred was responsible for the loss of his family, they were all buckled in, but cut from thier restraints by others that helped.

It still dosn't excuse wreckless driving!
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Maya wrote:
I deployed with him and he is my neighbor. I was out of town and realized that their car wasn't moving. The movers were there to pick up their things and I asked him where they were and this is how I found out. This is so sad! He is just a baby only 21 and I just have this feeling he is going to feel like it was his fault as he was driving. I pray for him that he knows that God is the only o e in control and that God called His angels home! He loved his family as was a good man! He always took my trash out for no reason lol such good people they are! Great grey neighbors and he was is an awesome Soldier who served his country before e was of legal age! Gos bless him with strength and a testimony of survival! God bless the souls of his family!
He (bryan) was only a baby?!He is considered to be an adult at the age of 21 and responsible for his actions.Read the police report!

The ones who were babys were the ones that were killed in the collision, Keith who was 6 years old an Josiah who would have been three years old on May 28th.

Amber (only 21 years old)was not only a good soldier but a wonderful Mother, sister, Grandaughter, friend, co -worker and student.She is missed more than words could say.
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
That is crap! Thanks for spreading rumors, as if this kid hasn't lost enough! I guess people are cruel and judgmental...any one of us could have been in the same kind of accident!
I have the police report, seven witness accounts, and physical evidence concerning bryan.Why do people refer to bryan as a kid, for peets sake, he is 21 years old!

Even if he was cleared of substance abuse,the results remain the same. death.

In the report it says he was going at a speed of 79 mph and crossed the line.There is no excuse for reckless driving.

How about the loss of the other family, they are going through a terrible time, not just poor bryan who is able to get up and walk and drive after what happened.I am a relative, I know!
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read the police report @ Kansas Highway Patrol
122 S.W. Seventh Street
Topeka ,Kansas 66603
Accident #2012010093
Drivers Alfred/Biehler

It really sheds light on this matter.
bill

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Robin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the police report, seven witness accounts, and physical evidence concerning bryan.Why do people refer to bryan as a kid, for peets sake, he is 21 years old!
Even if he was cleared of substance abuse,the results remain the same. death.
In the report it says he was going at a speed of 79 mph and crossed the line.There is no excuse for reckless driving.
How about the loss of the other family, they are going through a terrible time, not just poor bryan who is able to get up and walk and drive after what happened.I am a relative, I know!
So you think he crashed on purpose? Accidents happen every day. No one ever wants an accident, but thats why they are called ACCIDENTS. You shgould get help with anger management or counseling
my view

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

bill wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think he crashed on purpose? Accidents happen every day. No one ever wants an accident, but thats why they are called ACCIDENTS. You shgould get help with anger management or counseling
People who test negative for drugs and alcohol tend to be heralded as saints , no matter how badly they screw up. It`s as if it`s a major disappointment when toxicology results are negative. If he had residual traces of cannabanoids from exposure weeks earlier , he would have been demonized as wreckless addict.
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID NOT SAY THAT HE CRASHED ON PURPOSE BUT JUST SAID TO CHECK OUT THE POLICE REPORT. IT CLEARLY INDICATES HE WAS AT FAULT AND HE NEVER TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS!!!
TRY READING THE REPORT AND WITNESS ACCOUNTS. DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH
bill

Garden City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Of course he's at fault. he was driving. who hasn't crossed the center at some time or the shoulder. I was there that morning. it was very heartbreaking to watch them try to save the child. The occupants of the truck were also in shock of what happened .wrong place at the wrong time. you can't possibly know how it will effect him for the rest of his life knowing he survived and his family didn't
please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

bill wrote:
Of course he's at fault. he was driving. who hasn't crossed the center at some time or the shoulder. I was there that morning. it was very heartbreaking to watch them try to save the child. The occupants of the truck were also in shock of what happened .wrong place at the wrong time. you can't possibly know how it will effect him for the rest of his life knowing he survived and his family didn't
Oh. Ok, thanks Jack.
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

No one should eat, drink, adjust a radio, look at or talk on a cell phone, argue, correct children, smoke, or do anything that would possibly endanger the lives of others especially those in thier own car while they are driving.Any thing like this is a deversion which could be avoided.

If a situation does arise, it is the responsibility for the driver to correct it, like pull over to the side of the road, slow down.

A driver has to keep thier eyes on the road and thier wits about them at all times.

There is no excuse for going left of center of a highway, getting into a collision with another vehicle and being responsible for killing your family.
Mark

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

How could anyone cross left of a center line
causing a collision if they were paying attention to the road?

I don't know of too many people that could ever get back into any car after being responsible for the death of people shortly after causing it, or getting material things for themselves!Having a birthday party!The cost is to great, grievious.
bill

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
How could anyone cross left of a center line
causing a collision if they were paying attention to the road?
I don't know of too many people that could ever get back into any car after being responsible for the death of people shortly after causing it, or getting material things for themselves!Having a birthday party!The cost is to great, grievious.

Ok Jack. everyone ever involved in a serious ACCIDENT should commit suicide. I wonder why he wasn't put in jail for life. oh yea, maybe because it's an accident
Wow

Lindsborg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Now his ass is on front page being arrested twice for high speed chases
there you have it

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

He passed toxilogical screenings so that made him a good guy and let him off the hook. It`s long past time to stop judging people by what is , or isn`t , in their blood or urine and deal with the real character flaws and issues.
dont be a jerk Jerry

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
Now his ass is on front page being arrested twice for high speed chases
Sigh. Once an azzhole, always an azzhole. Way to go Jerry!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Riley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas county's land sale draws scant interest (Sep '13) Sep '13 Help Yo Self 6
Prosecution Outlines Case Against Soldier In De... (Aug '13) Aug '13 rayray 2
Gravesite Review Underway At Fort Riley's Cemetery (Jun '13) Jun '13 home of global wa... 1
Quad squad: Manhattan brothers turn 10 on May 27 (May '13) May '13 yepigames 1
Vernon Parish public schools get $18 million gr... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Spirit_Hunters 4
Body Found In Submerged Car In Fort Riley Lake (Apr '10) Oct '12 Michael Wiles 31
Army Wife Shot In Face By Husband Shows Support... (Jul '12) Jul '12 hmmm 1

Search the Fort Riley Forum:
•••