Fort Riley has ceremony for brigade going to Iraq

Sep 30, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KansasCity.com

Another brigade of soldiers from Fort Riley is heading to Iraq.The northeast Kansas Army post is having a ceremony marking the deployment of the 2nd Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2010
Marat

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Judged:

The saddest thing about these ignorant suckers is that they don't get a share of Haliburton's etc profits.
Most of them are clueless as to what they're being sent there for and would be amazed if it had ever been explained that Iraq never posed the U.S. any threat at any time.
The second saddest thing is that they don't realize how they are despised by decent folk all over the civilized world. Oh well.
Joe

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Judged:

Marat wrote:
The saddest thing about these ignorant suckers is that they don't get a share of Haliburton's etc profits.
Most of them are clueless as to what they're being sent there for and would be amazed if it had ever been explained that Iraq never posed the U.S. any threat at any time.
The second saddest thing is that they don't realize how they are despised by decent folk all over the civilized world. Oh well.
Hey marrat the rat, I see you crawled out from that rock oh should I say from your moms basement. I wonder how long you think your pathetic words will ever change anything since you are probally sitting and picking your nose while you are reading this. When you say civilized worlds do you mean the middle east or Afghanistan. Wow I am glad that we are not in a civilized world because if we were we would be bombing and killing each other in droves.. Thanks for your words of wisdom rat.. Say hi to your mom for me....
Lindsay

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Its pretty pityful when someone has to downgrade the soldiers going over there. My husband is one of them who deployed. They may not know what or why they are over there but atleast they have the decency to even put their lives on the line. They are brave. Unlike you, you are sitting behind a computer screen talking crap about people you dont even know. These people have trained and are putting themselves and their families in harms way and you cant even respect what they do for a living. Sounds like you are a coward.
Marat wrote:
Joe

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

marat if you had any morality which you don't you would not judge the whole for bad judgements that was made by a group of soldiers. Have you been to war marat if not, you have no idea what it is like and you can't say I see it on tv which is not even close what they have to put up with. You preach ethically, responsibility, knowing between right and wrong why don't you go preach to the Somalia war lords, Serbia, Russia,Colombian drug cartel and the rest of the murdering thugs around the world. You are right a turd is a turd...or should I say a rat is a rat
ret army wife

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Hi Lindsay
I just wanted to say you are always going to find ppl who are against our military and hate our soldiers. This has been going on since I can remember. When my husband came back from VN I remember the protesters at the LA airport calling him a killer, what a welcome home that was. I was told my husband was a baby killer, ect ect. I learned to pity these ppl for there ignorance.
I will pray for your husband as I do all our men and women over there fighting, as I also pray those countries find some peace. The other day a women on here said the heros in Viet Nam werent the soldiers, but the protesters... SO see it continues... My best to you and your family
John

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Marat wrote:
Hi ret army wife,
As with Vietnam, the heroes are the Iraqi patriots defending their families and country from the illegal occupation.
Whether murdering the women, children and babies of Mai Lai, dropping Agent Orange on crops or napalm on small girls, the scum that invaded Vietnam well deserved public disgust. When they ran squealing like pigs for their lives, decent folk all over the whole world mocked their shame.
The shame of Guantamo and Abu Ghraib and Haditha will remain long after the U.S. runs from Iraq.
You are so ignorant to the world surroundings, you are the pathetic pig you talk of. Go to the source before you judge. The foriegn militants in Iraq hae killed more innocent civilians all together. At present time Iraq is becoming more stable as the Iragis take more control of thier own lives free to make their own decisions on what they want to do with thier lives. The terrorist made it difficult, but with the push it helped the Iraqis fight off the foriegn terrorist and they are living much better than before. So before you spill your hate and non worthyness around go learn from the front.
Buffalo1

Sturgeon Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2008

This poor loser has know idea why these soldiers do what they do. They do it more for the soldier next to them, and their families back here at home. they are the best at what they do because they want to be. maybe you should try it you might know alittle more about what you are talking about.
Marat wrote:
SSG James Knipp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Marat wrote:
You have some nerve to talk about soldiers that way. I am a soldier and to your surprise most of us understand and maybe dont agree with this war, but its our DUTY to do as we are told. Back off on soldier bashing you gutless little person. You can talk that way because there are soldiers out there who are willing to follow orders (within the law). You have every right to your opinion, but I have served in Iraq twice and have friends who have falling, so educate your self on the courage and the strength of US Soldiers.
Marat

Blyth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

SSG James Knipp wrote:
<quoted text>
I have served in Iraq twice and have friends who have falling, so educate your self on the courage and the strength of US Soldiers.
Legendary. Is that the word to describe the courage and strength of such evil scum?
Whether dropping atom bombs on Japanese civilians or Napalm on Vietnamese children or poisoning their crops with Agent Orange, they have earned their reputation. Better at dropping bombs than actual fighting against real men, though. That's why they ran squealing like pigs from Vietnam all the way home to be spat on and called baby killers.
They are despised as the scum of earth by all decent folk for their wanton murdering and obscene torture.
How to tell the difference between a grunt and a dog turd must take you years of practice.
Having a brain is worth all their supposed courage and strength any day of the week.
james knipp WO1 US Army

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Marat wrote:
I would love to meet you one day...
james knipp WO1 US Army

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Marat wrote:
<quoted text>
Legendary. Is that the word to describe the courage and strength of such evil scum?
Whether dropping atom bombs on Japanese civilians or Napalm on Vietnamese children or poisoning their crops with Agent Orange, they have earned their reputation. Better at dropping bombs than actual fighting against real men, though. That's why they ran squealing like pigs from Vietnam all the way home to be spat on and called baby killers.
They are despised as the scum of earth by all decent folk for their wanton murdering and obscene torture.
How to tell the difference between a grunt and a dog turd must take you years of practice.
Having a brain is worth all their supposed courage and strength any day of the week.
Thats funny coming from a Brit, look at your own history turd. You are the mindless ignorant one, so you suppose we have no Army at all? I feel sorry for you I really do. You need to focus all the Hate on the individuals, who start these wars, but I would imagine you think that terrorist are the good guys here chopping peoples heads off on live tv!! Your the type that allows evil to run rapid in the world!!!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

check out these pics from Iraq .. scroll down thru them all,please

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

http://mindprod.com/politics/iraqwarpix.html

the pics are at the site above
SSG

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

I am glad that people like marat can have the freedom to speak how they want too. we dont have to agree with people who cannot grasp the meaning of freedom we just have to know that everyday our brothers and sisters are allowing people like that to do what they do best........ only 2% of American's have ever had the chance to do what we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Riley Discussions

Search the Fort Riley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas county's land sale draws scant interest (Sep '13) Sep '13 Help Yo Self 6
Prosecution Outlines Case Against Soldier In De... (Aug '13) Aug '13 rayray 2
Gravesite Review Underway At Fort Riley's Cemetery (Jun '13) Jun '13 home of global warming 1
Quad squad: Manhattan brothers turn 10 on May 27 (May '13) May '13 yepigames 1
Vernon Parish public schools get $18 million gr... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Spirit_Hunters 4
Body Found In Submerged Car In Fort Riley Lake (Apr '10) Oct '12 Michael Wiles 31
Army Wife Shot In Face By Husband Shows Support... (Jul '12) Jul '12 hmmm 1
•••
•••