Elmendorf, Fort Richardson sign joint-base agreement

Oct 24, 2009 Full story: Alaska Star

Elmendorf Air Force Base and Fort Richardson Army Post are officially now on their way to a joint base.

Full Story
MarcW

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Oct 27, 2009
Well, since the "Joint" commissary and the "Joint" exchange are both on Elmendorf, I guess the "Joint" base headquarters will also be on Elmendorf. Guess "Joint" means "do it the air force way". Good luck getting any help with housing, maintenance, trash pickup,paper drop-offs, etc. The priority in the air force is ALWAYS to the pilots, and ground-pounders, even the ones on jump status, are the bottom of the blue barrel. This is a BAD idea. Actually glad I moved to the Lesser-48 now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Soldier held in Afghanistan is 23-year-old Idahoan (Jul '09) Jun '14 Bergdahl is a Des... 7
Spc. Jarrett P. Griemel of La Porte died Wednes... (Jun '09) Nov '11 sister sister 608
Moving to Ft. Richardson (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jayme 1
Idaho town prays for return of captured US soldier (Jul '09) Jul '09 Marat 1
Soldiers: Army forcing troops to deploy despite... (Mar '09) Mar '09 clone benson 1
Wichita Falls Soldier Laid to Rest (Dec '08) Dec '08 udontknowfire 2
Historic Army 545th military police company rea... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Lyons 1
More from around the web