Younger vets still struggle finding jobs

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities story from Feb 23, 2013, titled Younger vets still struggle finding jobs. In it, TwinCities reports that:

Brett Culver, left, of Newalla, Okla., formerly of the Air Force, talks with Texas state trooper Deon Cockrell, right, at a Recruit Military job fair in Oklahoma City, Thursday, Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Jarhead

Tazewell, TN

#1 Feb 25, 2013
Imagine that. The government cuts out 50,000 troops into the worst economy in decades and they have a hard time finding jobs. That is a great way to thank them for their service. Now it is being said that sequestration could mean another 100K-troop cut. Along with all of the other government jobs cut with sequestration the unemployment line will continue to grow.
Krystal

Cleveland, OH

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Jarhead, I understand that there are a lot of veterans who, despite their honorable status, are continuously and unfortunately joining the unemployment pool. I recently read in a local newspaper article that the a large contributor to this problem is the fact that those in the military are not gaining the skills that employers are seeking, and therefore, hundreds of jobs are going unfilled.

You should check out Lakewood College or the Higher Education Network ( www.go2schoolnow.com ). They are a military-friendly accredited higher education institution offering academic programs in the legal, medical, and business fields at no cost to military spouses. They offer diplomas, certificates, and associate degrees. Everything is online, so you can work at your own pace, study on your own time, take exams when you're ready, and earn a diploma, certificate, or degree in as little as 6 months.

I know it sounds too good to be true, but you have to check it out yourself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Polk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tracking down soldiers from 1970 (Apr '09) May 17 Bob Lewis 26
News Army drops below 500,000 soldiers on active duty Feb '15 havemercy 1
News 'Last shot' for public to show support for Fort... Jan '15 tremendous 35
News Army examines Fort Polk (Jul '14) Aug '14 Uncle Sam 22
News Our View: Your help needed today to save Fort Polk (Jul '14) Jul '14 richmond harrell 1
b-2-2 (Jun '14) Jun '14 AIRMAX 1
News Long road to graduation pays off (May '14) May '14 Hit it 3
More from around the web