Wife, mom killed on Naval base 'was a...

Wife, mom killed on Naval base 'was always there to listen'

There are 1 comment on the Times-Picayune story from May 18, 2010, titled Wife, mom killed on Naval base 'was always there to listen'. In it, Times-Picayune reports that:

Drawing from her experiences as a child of the military and a soldier's wife who tended their children while her husband of a decade was deployed overseas, Kimberly Kelly was in her final months as a graduate student at Tulane University, expecting in December to earn a master's degree in social work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Picayune.

Sadandhopefull

Mandeville, LA

#1 May 21, 2010
My prayers go out to all of the family and friends. We have a small community on NASJRB, Belle Chasse. Alot of gossip was put out, prior to any official word of the incident. Today I was able to find some info other than "I heard this", via the web. I have childern of my own, who know the childern of the horrible event. It is hard to explain to my children why, what and how it happened. They asked the question because one of the children involved, couldn't understand "Why is my Daddy in jail". I understand this is an ongoing investigation, but I wish some info would have been put forward to the local/ON BASE neighbors. It is funny how one thinks your secure in a military community:( I hope this is a wake up. Please get to know your neighbors, learn the signs of possible problems and have/know the reasources for HELP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Polk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tracking down soldiers from 1970 (Apr '09) Jan 29 Cristyjohnston10 31
News Carol Megathlin: "Adopted" Army sergeant meets ... Jan '16 olivia 1
News Tanks and cavalry, Louisiana Maneuvers. U.S. Ar... (Dec '11) Oct '15 Mr Charlie 38
News Army drops below 500,000 soldiers on active duty (Feb '15) Feb '15 havemercy 1
News 'Last shot' for public to show support for Fort... (Jan '15) Jan '15 tremendous 35
News Army examines Fort Polk (Jul '14) Aug '14 Uncle Sam 22
News Our View: Your help needed today to save Fort Polk (Jul '14) Jul '14 richmond harrell 1
More from around the web