This Week in the Civil War

This Week in the Civil War

There are 2 comments on the Lake Wylie Pilot story from Mar 9, 2012, titled This Week in the Civil War. In it, Lake Wylie Pilot reports that:

This week in 1862, President Abraham Lincoln relieves Major Gen. George B. McClellan of his title as general-in-chief of all federal armies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Wylie Pilot.

George S

Jemison, AL

#1 Mar 9, 2012
The civil war is over, move forward.
Ada

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 12, 2012
Moving forward sometimes means looking backward. Is good to learn about this time in our history, in order to prevent it from happening again. I never used to think that another Civil War would be possible but the polarization of Americans today is not so different than what happened in the 1850s. Even the basic entertainment from media sources seems to be making fun, and dragging through the dirt, anybody with whom they do not agree. This is totally contrary to the respect we should show one another, especially when we have opposite viewpoints. And, our enemies in the world would love to see us self destruct so they don't have to do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wanda Jean Davenport (Jul '15) Jul '15 Heavy Fed 1
News Scott Walker Appointee Suggests Volcanoes Might... (Apr '15) Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
News This Week in the Civil War (Jan '13) Jan '13 Allie 1
News Presidential Proclamation -- Establishment of t... (Nov '11) Oct '12 Samson of Southie 2
News Public's ideas wanted for Fort Monroe (Sep '12) Sep '12 heavy tax payer 1
News Fort Monroe inspection station to be removed (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dr Stinko 1
News Hampton plans future of Phoebus (May '12) May '12 Lee Hall 8
More from around the web