Gender identity issues raised in Wiki...

Gender identity issues raised in WikiLeaks case

There are 11 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2011, titled Gender identity issues raised in WikiLeaks case. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Pfc. Bradley Manning was a deeply troubled soldier struggling with issues of gender identity whose alleged leaking of classified material to WikiLeaks could have been prevented by superiors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#1 Dec 17, 2011
"Gender identity issues" has nothing to do with being gay. Sounds like a straight woman trapped in a man's body, not a gay man as the writer of the piece libeled her by saying.

That all said, that is no excuse to disobey direct orders, commit espionage, or threaten people.
down with zionist trash

Covington, VA

#2 Dec 17, 2011
What this man did was great and took alot of guts.Hopefully more people will follow his lead.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#3 Dec 17, 2011
THIS IS DISINFORMATION: MANNING KNOWS WHAT HE DID.

HE WITNESSED THE STATE MURDERING UNARMED CIVILIANS AND DECIDED TO PUBLICIZE HIS OBSERVATIONS.

IT'S THE STATE THAT SHOULD BE ON TRIAL, NOT MANNING.
Jim

Korea

#5 Dec 17, 2011
That's the old Gender Issue defense and don't forget the Sandusky shower technique defense. If you have an inventive lawyer, there will always be the chewbacca defense!
Sal

Miami, FL

#6 Dec 17, 2011
Jim wrote:
That's the old Gender Issue defense and don't forget the Sandusky shower technique defense. If you have an inventive lawyer, there will always be the chewbacca defense!
I used to be in 2nd division in Korea was up north at Camp Greaves.

Love the south .
Sal

Miami, FL

#7 Dec 17, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
"Gender identity issues" has nothing to do with being gay. Sounds like a straight woman trapped in a man's body, not a gay man as the writer of the piece libeled her by saying.
That all said, that is no excuse to disobey direct orders, commit espionage, or threaten people.
I agree that this soldier engaged in leaking information and thus disobeyed orders but let me add we are a machine when it comes to killing innocent people and than categorizing them as "insurgents", "Al Queda", "Taliban" and countless other names in other conflicts.

Tax payers like us are paying for corrupt corporations, security firms over-seas and supporting psycho vile corrupt leaders.
"Our" gvm't REGARDLESS of president is a liar among liars .

I suspect you know this but wanted to say it.

I find the Dems slightly better than the reps who do not even consider these people humans.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 18, 2011
WikiLeaker

Since: Apr 10

Chandler, AZ

#9 Dec 18, 2011
Regardless of any sexual issues Manning may have, it does not change the fact is a traitor in time of war. Charge him, try him, judge him, then execute him. Anything less is a waste of time and a miscarriage of justice.
down with zionist trash

Covington, VA

#10 Dec 18, 2011
AZBowhunter wrote:
Regardless of any sexual issues Manning may have, it does not change the fact is a traitor in time of war. Charge him, try him, judge him, then execute him. Anything less is a waste of time and a miscarriage of justice.
I think you are talking about the things that should be done to everyone who started the wars in Iraq and Libya.

Since: Apr 10

Chandler, AZ

#11 Dec 20, 2011
down with zionist trash wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are talking about the things that should be done to everyone who started the wars in Iraq and Libya.
If that is what you "think" you should leave the thinking to those of us you are more accustomed to it than you.

Thinking is not in your wheelhouse of talents. My guess is, it's a pretty empty wheelhouse.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Dec 20, 2011
I see the gays deleted another post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Meade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Questions remain in officer-involved shooting a... Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 8
News US troops train for securing chemical stockpile... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Order Out Of Chaos 1
News Manning Sentenced to 35 Years in WikiLeaks Case (Aug '13) Aug '13 EASY MONEY 17
News Judge won't dismiss aiding the enemy charge in ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 tguy 2
News Manning leaks 'caused no damage' (Jul '13) Jul '13 - Cherokee - 9
News WikiLeaks 'most wanted' list admitted in trial (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tinsnip 13 1
News Defense wins round on WikiLeaks helicopter video (Jun '13) Jun '13 Neville Thompson 2
More from around the web