Ft. Lewis soldier accidentally killed...

Ft. Lewis soldier accidentally killed by wife

There are 38 comments on the KOMO-TV Seattle story from Apr 12, 2009, titled Ft. Lewis soldier accidentally killed by wife. In it, KOMO-TV Seattle reports that:

A Fort Lewis soldier died instantly early Sunday when his wife accidentally shot him in the head as he was teaching her how to handle a handgun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOMO-TV Seattle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SICKOFEXCUSES

Santa Ana, CA

#21 May 26, 2009
ANYONE that thinks this was an accident is CRAZY and I am so sick of people thinking that our military men and women are just disposable and therefore not worth investigating. NOONE would ever point a gun at someones head, learning or not. GEEZE is everyone so damn stupid. SHE KILLED HIM !!! It is hard to believe, because the general public would never kill someone for anything. Military wifes get montly monies every month, a home paid at low interest rate, no man to rule the roost and OH yea! did I mention $400,000.00 life insurance OH YEA! and $100,000.00 bereavment pay. Half a million, women kill their husbands for 50K, but hey this was just a tragic accident, YEA RIGHT! It makes me so sick.
lauren

Eagle, CO

#22 May 26, 2009
SICKOFEXCUSES wrote:
ANYONE that thinks this was an accident is CRAZY and I am so sick of people thinking that our military men and women are just disposable and therefore not worth investigating. NOONE would ever point a gun at someones head, learning or not. GEEZE is everyone so damn stupid. SHE KILLED HIM !!! It is hard to believe, because the general public would never kill someone for anything. Military wifes get montly monies every month, a home paid at low interest rate, no man to rule the roost and OH yea! did I mention $400,000.00 life insurance OH YEA! and $100,000.00 bereavment pay. Half a million, women kill their husbands for 50K, but hey this was just a tragic accident, YEA RIGHT! It makes me so sick.
wow get a life...
tawna

Spanaway, WA

#23 May 30, 2009
I agree...get a life Lauren...you don't know the first thing about investigating anything. Maybe you should go to law school and learn a few things. I also suggest you take a few English classes and learn to write in complete sentences.

Since: May 09

Lakewood, WA

#24 May 30, 2009
tawna wrote:
I agree...get a life Lauren...you don't know the first thing about investigating anything. Maybe you should go to law school and learn a few things. I also suggest you take a few English classes and learn to write in complete sentences.
Oh Tawny,
This is what I love about this site.
I dont need to go to law school to have my own opinion.
Thats what this site is for: VOICING YOUR OPINION.
Usually someone gets all huffy puffy and they put down the other person, Talk a little shit and get totally off subject.Just like you did!!!hahahaha
Happens EVERYTIME hahaha! thats ok, it totally cracks me up.
Cheers!
Thats ok.
TOM

Tacoma, WA

#25 Sep 11, 2009
WOW... what a diatribe of stuff. It is obvious that most if not all of you don't really know what happened. Don't always believe what you read in the paper. Only things that the press wanted to print were printed. There are many other factors in the young girl that died. As for the wife and husband. It was a tragic accident that anyone with good judgement or taste would avoid. Shame on all of you for making it forum to act like you kknow something. Us the forum for Support not a place to bash people.
Brickster

San Antonio, TX

#26 Sep 26, 2009
She probably was seeing someone on the side. All military wives do.

Since: May 09

Lakewood, WA

#27 Sep 26, 2009
Lol Im a military wive and I DONT? what the hell? lol
ArmyWife

Bay City, MI

#28 Feb 9, 2010
Not all military wives cheat! You have no idea what you are talking about Brickster!!! Get a life!
RB Yelm

Spokane, WA

#29 Feb 23, 2010
The Military have always been held to a higher standard. Why? They are better than a civilian.
6 Years Army
antigoonis

Gouldsboro, PA

#30 Mar 7, 2010
unbelievable wrote:
Isn't the number one rule in learning to use a gun that you don't point it at anything or anyone you don't intend to shoot. Maybe that would have been a good place to start when teaching her how to use it.
Giving an inexperienced person a loaded weapon wasn't very smart either.
antigoonis

Gouldsboro, PA

#31 Mar 9, 2010
RB Yelm wrote:
The Military have always been held to a higher standard. Why? They are better than a civilian.
6 Years Army
But not necessarily smarter. Otherwise that trooper would still be alive.
antigoonis

Gouldsboro, PA

#32 Mar 13, 2010
Not too full of yourselff are you RB Yelm?
SGL

Denver, CO

#33 May 3, 2010
First off, who knows if it was an accident or on purpose. It does sound a little fishy though. I've never known anyone to stand infront of someone when they are teaching them to fire a gun but I've also seen a lot of people who are learning do some stupid stuff. Either way, the police will hopefully get to the bottom of it and may that soldier RIP.

I'm also ashamed to call Sunshine and Lauren fellow Army wives. There is no reason to make personal attacks.
Dino

Seattle, WA

#34 May 5, 2010
I've known people that had a loaded gun (like idiots), showed it to another individual who chambered a round, only to show it another guy that shot a round through the ceiling. Accidents happen to stupid people.

Yet it is still being talked about a year later. IQ test for owning a weapon should be a priority.
antigoonis

Gouldsboro, PA

#35 May 6, 2010
Maybe it was murder, maybe it was an accident, makes little difference when you're the one with the bullet in your head. Too many people think of guns as toys. It's to be used in a matter of life or death. LIFE OR DEATH ONLY. You want to show something off to your friends and family, buy a remote controlled car.
Dino

Seattle, WA

#36 May 6, 2010
antigoonis wrote:
Maybe it was murder, maybe it was an accident, makes little difference when you're the one with the bullet in your head. Too many people think of guns as toys. It's to be used in a matter of life or death. LIFE OR DEATH ONLY. You want to show something off to your friends and family, buy a remote controlled car.
I couldn't agree with you more. As a non-gun owner, I couldn't believe the guy showed off his 'little toy' while it was loaded.
LIBERTY

Gouldsboro, PA

#37 May 7, 2010
People like that give us gun owners a bad name. I'm currently a single woman that lives alone and believes she has the right to protect herself. But this is not like owning a dress or new earrings. You do not show this off to people. I have this hidden away and only use it at the shooting range. If you own a gun you need to be careful. You make just one mistake, and it could end someone's life. Unfortunately, many can't seem to grasp that concept until it's too late.
antigoonis

Gouldsboro, PA

#38 May 9, 2010
Nothing wrong with keeping a gun in the house. But if you have kids, for God's sake, keep it locked up where they can't get to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what is that sound coming from JBLM and why so ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 truth-seeker 1
News Police Arrest Fort Lewis Soldier After Finding ... (Apr '10) Jan '15 51st Signal Soldier 8
News Fake Army Ranger in viral video may face federa... (Dec '14) Dec '14 NamNut1968 1
News Soldier pleads guilty in Afghanistan massacre (Jun '13) Jun '14 Bravo29er 3
News Stabbed Soldier 'Died Like a Dog,' Friend's Mom... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jeff 1
News Fort Lewis soldier's murder trial ends; ruling ... (May '13) May '13 eilackey 1
News Army Sergeant Accused of 2009 Iraq Shootings in... (May '13) May '13 eilackey 1
More from around the web