Shootings Fray Afghan Ties

Shootings Fray Afghan Ties

There are 13 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 11, 2012, titled Shootings Fray Afghan Ties. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

A U.S. soldier walked off his base in Afghanistan and opened fire on local villagers Sunday, Afghan and U.S. officials said, killing 16 people in a shooting spree that further complicates American efforts to end its longest foreign war.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Mar 11, 2012
Yes, this is tragic...BUT staying in a country for ten years and IT STILL ISN'T OVER...It's NOT OUR WAR. Perhaps this soldier was just plain angry because we were STILL THERE?? So, why would this be a concern, when just last week or two...we had our military servicemn killed by Afghan citizens. Maybe he was paying back "the eye for an eye" karma...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#4 Mar 11, 2012
Exactly! You dont kill US soldiers because you stoopid book got scorched. Need to get into the 21st century here folks.
Colorado Chick wrote:
Yes, this is tragic...BUT staying in a country for ten years and IT STILL ISN'T OVER...It's NOT OUR WAR. Perhaps this soldier was just plain angry because we were STILL THERE?? So, why would this be a concern, when just last week or two...we had our military servicemn killed by Afghan citizens. Maybe he was paying back "the eye for an eye" karma...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 12, 2012
"Beyond explanation?" Hardly. It's the inevitable product of an insane war in an insane country carried on for years past the due date. Just like Viet Nam and Calley (and many others not brought to trial there), war crimes are the inevitable result.

U.S. OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST NOW!!!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 12, 2012
RACE wrote:
Exactly! You dont kill US soldiers because you stoopid book got scorched. Need to get into the 21st century here folks.
<quoted text>
Actually, when U.S. soldiers occupy your country, murder civilians, piss on their corpses, and burn your sacred book, you DO kill them. Not hard to understand at all.

What's IMPOSSIBLE to understand is why the f--- we are STILL FIGHTNIG THERE.

#7 Mar 12, 2012
Actually when US soldiers are killed while at the invite of a freely elected govt and their mission is to try and rebuild the countries infrastructure, they have every right to protect themselves and open a can of whoopass as needed.

If these stupid ignorants would stop shooting at us, we could help them build a place that would actually be livable.

And NO book is sacred, its just a damn book.
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, when U.S. soldiers occupy your country, murder civilians, piss on their corpses, and burn your sacred book, you DO kill them. Not hard to understand at all.
What's IMPOSSIBLE to understand is why the f--- we are STILL FIGHTNIG THERE.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 12, 2012
RACE wrote:
Actually when US soldiers are killed while at the invite of a freely elected govt and their mission is to try and rebuild the countries infrastructure, they have every right to protect themselves and open a can of whoopass as needed.
If these stupid ignorants would stop shooting at us, we could help them build a place that would actually be livable.
<quoted text>
They don't deserve any rebuilding or help. Where's our apology for 6 of our soldiers slain over a bad piece of fiction?

They're a bunch of ingrates. Our government helped them with the Russians and what did they do? 9/11 a few years later. We should leave and let them continue to kill each other.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#9 Mar 12, 2012
latin lover wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't deserve any rebuilding or help. Where's our apology for 6 of our soldiers slain over a bad piece of fiction?
They're a bunch of ingrates. Our government helped them with the Russians and what did they do? 9/11 a few years later. We should leave and let them continue to kill each other.
Afghanistan didn't do 9/11. Where did you get such a silly idea?
Bill

Walsall, UK

#10 Mar 12, 2012
It's got nothing to do with the Taliban,The murdered civilians weren't Taliban supports.Murdered by a lone crazed soldier,who already had a head injury.Easy to forget the thousands of land mines the taliban planted around villages,which the forces have been defusing for years.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 13, 2012
RACIST wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're a liar, idiot, and military apologist and wrong on all counts. Let's hear the pitch count:

We put the "freely elected government" in power, and it is utterly dependent on us. It is also, of course notoriously corrupt and untrustworthy. Nor did it even exist at the time we invaded the country, so it could havely have "invited" us in. Strike One.

These "stupid ignorants" are in THEIR country, and don't want us, the INVADERS, in their country. That's why they're shooting at us. It is not up to us to "build them a country," either, even if we are in the process of destroying it and them. Strike Two.

The Holy Qur'an is indeed VERY sacred to Muslims. Strike THREE, yer OUT!

Take a seat on the pine, idiot. Try harder next time!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 13, 2012
latin lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they should be GRATEFUL that we invaded their country, killed their people, destroyed their villages, pissed on corpses of our victims, and burned their holy book! Oh, yes, and ran amok in their villages killing their kids!!

I know that WE'D be grateful if someone would do that for US, right?

Moron. Kill yourself instead of being so stupid next time.

#13 Mar 13, 2012
1 Elections were held, they won. Name one govt that is not corrupt (strike one)

2 We are not destroying anything! They have Nothing! These people still use sand to wipe their butts. Why do they hate indoor plumbing?(strike two)

3 Burning a stupid book (that is full of lies anyway) does not give these idiots the right to go around killing Americans. I dont care how sacred they believe the book to be. Just another example of their backwards mentality and why the hate indoor plumbing.

STRIKE 3 YOUREALLYSUCKATTHISYANNOTHAT?
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're a liar, idiot, and military apologist and wrong on all counts. Let's hear the pitch count:
We put the "freely elected government" in power, and it is utterly dependent on us. It is also, of course notoriously corrupt and untrustworthy. Nor did it even exist at the time we invaded the country, so it could havely have "invited" us in. Strike One.
These "stupid ignorants" are in THEIR country, and don't want us, the INVADERS, in their country. That's why they're shooting at us. It is not up to us to "build them a country," either, even if we are in the process of destroying it and them. Strike Two.
The Holy Qur'an is indeed VERY sacred to Muslims. Strike THREE, yer OUT!
Take a seat on the pine, idiot. Try harder next time!
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#14 Mar 16, 2012
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
Afghanistan didn't do 9/11. Where did you get such a silly idea?
Where do I get this silly idea, well it just so happens that when the Russians had invaded Afghanistan it is believed that the US provided weapons and training to the Afghan rebels. One of these rebels was none other than Osama Bin Laden. He might have been a Saudi but he joined the Afghans in the fight. He also hid in the Afghan mountains and set up terrorist training camps over there. That is where I get the silly idea.

We may have created that monster but we also destroyed him and now contaminated the ocean with his remains.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#15 Mar 16, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they should be GRATEFUL that we invaded their country, killed their people, destroyed their villages, pissed on corpses of our victims, and burned their holy book! Oh, yes, and ran amok in their villages killing their kids!!
I know that WE'D be grateful if someone would do that for US, right?
Moron. Kill yourself instead of being so stupid next time.
And how many of our soldiers have died already? How many people died in 9/11? If my memory serves me right, I do believe that Bush had threatened any country that would be harboring Al Qaeda with retaliation. And the burning of the Koran was a mistake and I remember hearing something about an Afghani being present. Oh and by the way, did you hear about the Pakistani man who has to serve a life sentence for accidentally burning the Koran? They're a little to insecure about their religion.

And by the way, since I'm a moron and stupid why don't you kill yourself first so you can show me how it's done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Arrest Fort Lewis Soldier After Finding ... (Apr '10) Jan '15 51st Signal Soldier 8
News Fake Army Ranger in viral video may face federa... (Dec '14) Dec '14 NamNut1968 1
News Soldier pleads guilty in Afghanistan massacre (Jun '13) Jun '14 Bravo29er 3
News Stabbed Soldier 'Died Like a Dog,' Friend's Mom... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jeff 1
News Fort Lewis soldier's murder trial ends; ruling ... (May '13) May '13 eilackey 1
News Army Sergeant Accused of 2009 Iraq Shootings in... (May '13) May '13 eilackey 1
News A Tale of Two Diagnoses: Records Show How Army ... (Aug '12) Mar '13 HumanSpirit 36
More from around the web