Soldier Held in Afghan Massacre Had Brain Injury, Marital Problems

Mar 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WJR-AM Detroit

The Army staff sergeant who allegedly went on a rampage and killed 16 Afghans as they slept in their homes had a traumatic brain injury at one point and had problems at home after his last deployment, officials told ABC News.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve the terrible

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

wow !wife left me have this pounding headache maybe its time to cool down now there talking about the death penalthy for this soldier .I really think its a stupid thing helping these people who really are crazy rather we help Isreal our friends then help some whack out camel jockey at least the Jewish people know who Americans are these afganistans probably dont know what planet there on .
Kev

Neuhausen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

And where is the problem? Has he two small brain to shoot at it properly?
It does not matter, this trash must be executed.
Kev

Neuhausen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

if he has too small brain, they can shoot few dozens time or to shot at heart.

“GOVERNMENT OF DECEIVERS (GOD)”

Since: Sep 10

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Accomplishing the National Goal in Executive Order 12871. There is no such thing as PTSD or TBI only anxious mood disorder ask Major Nidal Malik Hasan. To think otherwise and receive a check from the US Treasury in the American Holocaust will have you sent to the front line if you are in the military and soup line if you are a civilian. The members of the Death Panel says chock it up as another “isolated incident”. Murderbyproxy no blame the victim (Death fix it / deficit). Economics over justice equals terrorism. bing Targeting-the-Disabled-in-the- American-Holocaust
Annie Muk

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Hang him!
latin lover

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Annie Muk wrote:
Hang him!
I totally agree with you, hang Hasan. Unlike this SSG Hasan planned what he was doing.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

It's time that the military starts to take care of their own. It seems as if many of this incidences are triggered by PTSD and marital problems. While we can't do anything about PTSD maybe the military should do something about the marital issues. Either cut off communication between family while soldiers are at war or enforce a policy that if you're a spouse and you want a divorce or have anything that is going to upset the soldier to first bring it up to his chain of command so that they can try to help the soldier. If not they should be held accountable. These soldiers are far away fighting to protect some ungrateful people who can't even govern themselves and their hands are tied up when it comes to domestic issues.

And yes we shouldn't be there. If in ten years the Afghans can't get their heads out of there a5s, they're never going to do it. They're a hopeless and worthless cause.
Oliv

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

and what? Does it give an allowance to massacre innocent people? He has good brain and he has known what he has done. It was murder with cold blood.
Annie Muk

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

latin lover wrote:
.... maybe the military should do something about the marital issues. Either cut off communication between family while soldiers are at war
How about cutting off their balls at the time of induction.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no Habibi that would be a crime and a waste. Then we wouldn't be able to distinguish between our men and yours.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Oliv wrote:
and what? Does it give an allowance to massacre innocent people? He has good brain and he has known what he has done. It was murder with cold blood.
No, sorry to burst your bubble but it's PTSD. How would you like to see one of your friends get their leg blown off?
kcammie

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Its incredibly difficult to be overseas, even with a happy home waiting for you and no PTSD. It changes you on a level so deep its hard to explain. Something you can only experience having been there - which I have. I am not excusing what he has done or trying to find some moral ground to make it right. However, do not be so quick to judge. Under the circumstances there are a few exceptions to consider. He was obviously under a massive amount of stress, no one put the gun in his hand and gave him a ticket to slaughter innocent people. The army parades around like they are there to help soldiers handle the pressures of war, but in reality. That isnt true. Its all a fluff campaign and looks nice from the outside but on the inside its a much different story. This man needs help, and the army needs to step up. I pray for his family and for his sanity. Its a sad story from ever angle, it isnt the first time and it wont be the last. My husband is currently serving in afghanistan and because I am military myself we are able to talk about how difficult it is being the "one with the gun" in a foreign nation where everyday your life is at risk. Even the most stable and confident of soldiers gets a little crazier every time they go boots on ground.
Ivan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

This is a tragedy, no one can deny that it is not. I cannot say what he did was all right and it should be blown off. It cannot be, but there are others responsible.

He had a history of injuries, previous combat tours and had seen his friends killed. This is hard for anyone to bear let alone a person who may have a damaged brain.

There need to be some responsibility placed on those responsible for the Army`s medical care and policies.In addition the president and congress make the policies, they are the ones who are responsible for sending these people into combat. They have not provided the correct guidance for the proper cionduct of tis war or the management of the combat forces. responsibility has to be placed on their shoulders for some of this too. How many other guys like this have come back, were cut loose and and are walking the streets? Something for John Q Citizen to think about while he/she is on the way to Walmart`s to get some cheap Chinese goods.Never know when or where somebody who is over the edge will tip over.
Just read this article and think about it.
Time people woke up about the conquenses of or policies in Afaganstain and other places.

True the Army is at war and Mr. and Mrs. US Citizen are at the mall. However so are some of the guys who just got back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/17/world/asia/...
British Expat

Pointe-à-pitre, Guadeloupe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
What balls?? I did'nt know fairy maggots had balls! Oooops, there I go again judging the US(useless)Military. lol.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

British Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
What balls?? I did'nt know fairy maggots had balls! Oooops, there I go again judging the US(useless)Military. lol.
so says the brain injured limey transplant
British Expat

Pointe-à-pitre, Guadeloupe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO.
Juan

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

it was really terrible, brutal crime. USA must be out of this Afghanistan and this soldier must be punished properly.
Annie Muk

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

British Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho-ho!
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that despite his alleged "injured brain" he hasn't gone out and slaughtered 16 children.

Just goes to show what I've been saying all along, "The Yankee Pig Dogs are pussies"! You don't see British Expat freaking out like your boy in Afghanistan.

Perhaps the nutless fairy maggots make up for their neutered condition by slaughtering the children they could never father themselves. It's sort a revenge thing. All Americans suffer from it - both military and civilian alike. Why else do you think they blast up the high schools, post offices and shopping malls on civy street?
latin lover

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

British Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
The balls you wish you had.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Juan wrote:
it was really terrible, brutal crime. USA must be out of this Afghanistan and this soldier must be punished properly.
Ya se to olvidaron los Moros en la costa? If Islam were so great then why did our ancestors kick the Muslims out of Spain after being invaded for over 800 years. Maybe you should contemplate this over a dish of Moros and Christianos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Lewis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Soldier pleads guilty in Afghanistan massacre (Jun '13) Jun '14 Bravo29er 3
Stabbed Soldier 'Died Like a Dog,' Friend's Mom... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jeff 1
Fort Lewis soldier's murder trial ends; ruling ... (May '13) May '13 eilackey 1
Army Sergeant Accused of 2009 Iraq Shootings in... (May '13) May '13 eilackey 1
A Tale of Two Diagnoses: Records Show How Army ... (Aug '12) Mar '13 HumanSpirit 36
Police: Afghan massacre too big for lone US sol... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Sam 1
US honors fallen soldier from Kosrae (Oct '12) Oct '12 sweetheart 1

Search the Fort Lewis Forum:
•••