Kentucky welcomes 3400 soldiers and 1000 new families to Ft. Knox

Oct 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

One of our country's largest military installations is located just 35 miles South of Louisville, at Fort Knox .

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated May 19, 2010
soldier boy

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

This should really help the local economy.
Charmin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

please come to our beautiful city and buy one of these shacks and get your ass wipin permit.
Rubber Ducky

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Zest fully clean? Not with out the new "Bath and Shower" permits.......Please stop by city hall and make sure you pick up the new permit. Make sure you submit your request in writing and post your permit on your shower door/curtain. We will have a permit enforcer going around and making sure that citizens follow this. His name is Tom. Make you sure you say Hi, when he is looking in your bathroom window.
obbi

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

huh?
squeal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

west point inbreeding as led to overabundance of city employees.watch deliverance sometime and you to will draw the same anolgy after visiting our quaint little povery stricken third world country.talk about a joke.
Bigger Picture

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

I think Radcliff and Muldraugh and Etown communities will benefit for sure. New folks will live in several surrounding counties affecting those areas, as well.
Burt Reynolds Moustache

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

The smokies in West Point seem like some good ole boys to me. They aren't even close to being as bad as Buford T. Justice. Over and out, I gotta give Sally Field's hot poon another ride. She always talking about loss of bone in her Boniva commercials, heck fire, don't she know the bandit can get her East Bound and down with a major bone, everynight. Just lay this hammer down and give her hell.....
Jackie Gleason

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Pow!!!!!! Right in the Kisser...
i hate myself

Brandenburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

i feel safe
jennifer

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Oh, yes, we in the surrounding areas are just breathlessly awaiting an influx of people who complain and gripe constantly because kentucky is not like home and we don't have everything they want, and could we make our cows be quiet... oh, joy!
BRAC Dependent

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

jennifer wrote:
Oh, yes, we in the surrounding areas are just breathlessly awaiting an influx of people who complain and gripe constantly because kentucky is not like home and we don't have everything they want, and could we make our cows be quiet... oh, joy!
Hey I'm one of those people from the influx. I'm very happy Kentucky is nothing like DC (Northern VA to be more exact). I hated the nearly 6 years I spent there. KY may not be perfect but I'm not complianing.
obbi

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Yeah Im with ya BRAC. We are moving to Knx because Ft Riley sucks and KY will be more LIKE home for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Knox Discussions

Search the Fort Knox Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
a Pentagon mulls deployment as Poland asks for ... Apr '14 USA Today 1
Fort Knox area relieved cuts spare human resour... (Jul '13) Sep '13 Mr Big 6
Two Rutgers players defend fired coach Rice (Apr '13) Apr '13 Honestly 1
Brigade heralds 'historic' success (Oct '12) Oct '12 Raul 1
Dozens pay final respects to fallen Kentucky so... (Apr '12) Jun '12 Erik 4
US Army dumps Nugent from concert after Obama r... (Apr '12) May '12 martinezjosei 532
World War II soldier Gerald 'Mike' Kight's rema... (May '12) May '12 Lynn Vaughn 2
•••
•••