Kentucky welcomes 3400 soldiers and 1...

Kentucky welcomes 3400 soldiers and 1000 new families to Ft. Knox

There are 12 comments on the Examiner.com story from Oct 17, 2009, titled Kentucky welcomes 3400 soldiers and 1000 new families to Ft. Knox. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

One of our country's largest military installations is located just 35 miles South of Louisville, at Fort Knox .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

soldier boy

Owensboro, KY

#1 Apr 7, 2010
This should really help the local economy.
Charmin

Eddyville, KY

#2 Apr 7, 2010
please come to our beautiful city and buy one of these shacks and get your ass wipin permit.
Rubber Ducky

AOL

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Zest fully clean? Not with out the new "Bath and Shower" permits.......Please stop by city hall and make sure you pick up the new permit. Make sure you submit your request in writing and post your permit on your shower door/curtain. We will have a permit enforcer going around and making sure that citizens follow this. His name is Tom. Make you sure you say Hi, when he is looking in your bathroom window.
obbi

Junction City, KS

#4 Apr 8, 2010
huh?
squeal

Shreveport, LA

#5 Apr 8, 2010
west point inbreeding as led to overabundance of city employees.watch deliverance sometime and you to will draw the same anolgy after visiting our quaint little povery stricken third world country.talk about a joke.
Bigger Picture

Owensboro, KY

#6 Apr 9, 2010
I think Radcliff and Muldraugh and Etown communities will benefit for sure. New folks will live in several surrounding counties affecting those areas, as well.
Burt Reynolds Moustache

AOL

#7 Apr 10, 2010
The smokies in West Point seem like some good ole boys to me. They aren't even close to being as bad as Buford T. Justice. Over and out, I gotta give Sally Field's hot poon another ride. She always talking about loss of bone in her Boniva commercials, heck fire, don't she know the bandit can get her East Bound and down with a major bone, everynight. Just lay this hammer down and give her hell.....
Jackie Gleason

AOL

#8 Apr 10, 2010
Pow!!!!!! Right in the Kisser...
i hate myself

Vine Grove, KY

#9 Apr 12, 2010
i feel safe
jennifer

Radcliff, KY

#10 Apr 23, 2010
Oh, yes, we in the surrounding areas are just breathlessly awaiting an influx of people who complain and gripe constantly because kentucky is not like home and we don't have everything they want, and could we make our cows be quiet... oh, joy!
BRAC Dependent

Nashville, TN

#11 May 18, 2010
jennifer wrote:
Oh, yes, we in the surrounding areas are just breathlessly awaiting an influx of people who complain and gripe constantly because kentucky is not like home and we don't have everything they want, and could we make our cows be quiet... oh, joy!
Hey I'm one of those people from the influx. I'm very happy Kentucky is nothing like DC (Northern VA to be more exact). I hated the nearly 6 years I spent there. KY may not be perfect but I'm not complianing.
obbi

Wichita, KS

#12 May 19, 2010
Yeah Im with ya BRAC. We are moving to Knx because Ft Riley sucks and KY will be more LIKE home for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Knox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Self-proclaimed 'troublemaker' finds niche in U... (Nov '08) May '17 MatthewJacobs 3
rj? (Jun '16) Jun '16 AJBB 1
News Ted Nugent on Fort Knox Cancellation: Army Has ... (Apr '12) Nov '15 opie 4
News Midlothian soldier welcomed home (Apr '12) Dec '14 Mike 4
News Ky. Tea Party Slated For 4th Of July In Frankfort (Jul '09) Oct '14 Tyler 4
News a Pentagon mulls deployment as Poland asks for ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 USA Today 1
News Fort Knox area relieved cuts spare human resour... (Jul '13) Sep '13 Mr Big 5
More from around the web