Army cutting about 500 jobs from Fort...

Army cutting about 500 jobs from Fort Knox

There are 7 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Apr 21, 2011, titled Army cutting about 500 jobs from Fort Knox. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

The U.S. Army plans to shut down a Fort Knox-based command in charge of recruiting, advertising and marketing by next year, costing approximately 500 military, civilian and contractor jobs at the post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2011
Hit the road USAAC, and take NASCAR with you.
James

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2011
Yeah,hit the road,losers
FYI

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2011
They aren't going anywhere. General says they will be placed before he leaves. Absorbed into Cadet Command is what I heard. All federal jobs vacant go to them first. Waste of taxpayers money is all it was. What they do best. But like the concept.
pah

Louisville, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2011
Nice barrack building by the Patton museum.Hire local people for some job's out their for Christ's sake
FYI

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 1, 2011
pah wrote:
Nice barrack building by the Patton museum.Hire local people for some job's out their for Christ's sake
That was one of the historical barracks they saved when tearing down the rest. WWII era fitting for the Patton Museum. The post is going mostly contracts and you are right they are not locals. Out of town contracts. Costing the taxpayers more than the federal employees they replaced ever did. They were mostly local federal employees I might add. Anyway, they are laughing all the way to the bank in their perspective states.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#6 Oct 14, 2011
WH joins new war in Uganda.
know

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 21, 2011
This should make all of those who didn't go to Benning and those about to be cut, feel better
Chaffee gate will now have a waterfall for your viewing pleasure as you enter the gate. For somewhere in the range of 1.5 million
how does that you make you feel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Knox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Midlothian soldier welcomed home (Apr '12) Dec '14 Mike 4
News Ky. Tea Party Slated For 4th Of July In Frankfort (Jul '09) Oct '14 Tyler 4
News a Pentagon mulls deployment as Poland asks for ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 USA Today 1
News Fort Knox area relieved cuts spare human resour... (Jul '13) Sep '13 Mr Big 6
News Two Rutgers players defend fired coach Rice (Apr '13) Apr '13 Honestly 1
News Brigade heralds 'historic' success (Oct '12) Oct '12 Raul 1
News Dozens pay final respects to fallen Kentucky so... (Apr '12) Jun '12 Erik 4
More from around the web