Bullitt soldier is among 5 killed in ...

Bullitt soldier is among 5 killed in Iraq attack

There are 460 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Bullitt soldier is among 5 killed in Iraq attack. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

A Shepherdsville, Ky., native was one of the five U.S. soldiers killed Friday in an attack that Army officials said was the deadliest against U.S. troops in Iraq in more than a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
JustAMe

Rineyville, KY

#1 Apr 13, 2009
This is so sad. When are we going to get OUR boy/girls back home? We have lost enough.
mom of a GI

Georgetown, IN

#2 Apr 18, 2009
my prayers and thoughts are with this family,i have a daughter in iraq
ted

Austin, TX

#3 Apr 18, 2009
We have lost too many and we have killed too many... without justification.
Marat

Yardley Hastings, UK

#4 Apr 18, 2009
mom of a GI wrote:
my prayers and thoughts are with this family,i have a daughter in iraq
We can sense your shame and embarrassment at having badly raised a child to help murder, torture and abuse innocent people.
Your prayers are wasted though. God is not a warmongering cheerleader.

Woods Sr. said.
“I want everyone to know what a good man he was.”

Good men don't go around killing for oil. He was the scum of the earth.
wwman uk

Buxton, UK

#6 Apr 18, 2009
ted wrote:
We have lost too many and we have killed too many... without justification.
Yes the US and Uk have lost to many brave lads. The politicians have once again interfeared with millitery operations result to few of the enemy have been killed.The justification is oil if we hadnt gone in there would have been chinese boots on the ground. It may still happen with iran.We live in intresting time lets hope we dont die to in them.

Since: Jan 09

Shepherdsville

#7 Apr 18, 2009
mom of a GI wrote:
my prayers and thoughts are with this family,i have a daughter in iraq
I apologize to the moron that is too much of a coward to put his name up...going by Marat...those comments are useless to anyone. I think instead of putting our service men and women in harms way,put that worthless piece right up front. Some people are a waste of time....and so disrespectful!GOD is with her each and every day....God Bless you!

Since: Jan 09

Shepherdsville

#8 Apr 18, 2009
Marat wrote:
<quoted text>
We can sense your shame and embarrassment at having badly raised a child to help murder, torture and abuse innocent people.
Your prayers are wasted though. God is not a warmongering cheerleader.
Woods Sr. said.
“I want everyone to know what a good man he was.”
Good men don't go around killing for oil. He was the scum of the earth.
You had better get down on your hands and knees and pray for God's forgivenss...people like you should be right up on the front line,instead of these dedicated service men and women who are dying and risking their lives every day. I sure hope you sleep well at night,and who do you thank for that peaceful night????? As far as saying things about Lee Woods...I better pray for you,because if I were a parent of a child who lost their life in the war,and ignorant people like you were running their mouth,I would come after you! What a waste you are!
911 was an inside job

Cedar Park, TX

#9 Apr 18, 2009
lavenderlady1989 wrote:
...instead of these dedicated service men and women who are dying and risking their lives every day....
For what purpose?
wwman uk

Frome, UK

#10 Apr 19, 2009
lavenderlady1989 wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize to the moron that is too much of a coward to put his name up...going by Marat...those comments are useless to anyone. I think instead of putting our service men and women in harms way,put that worthless piece right up front. Some people are a waste of time....and so disrespectful!GOD is with her each and every day....God Bless you!
He would be first in line for benifit !!!
mom of a GI

Georgetown, IN

#11 Apr 19, 2009
i am very proud of my daughter for serving her country,and pray for all the cowards that don't, i don't think there would be enough beds for them to hide under if war came to america.
Friend

Strawberry Plains, TN

#12 Apr 19, 2009
You don't even know what you are talking about.The only people killing innocent people are the Iraq people. The only thing those people care about is strapping a bomb to there butt and seeing how many people they can take out with them. Lee and his fellow soldiers were the innocent, they were not the ones on a suicide mission. I was not fortunate enough to know Lee but I do know Gary Sr. & his wife. They are super people and I feel for their loss.
Marat wrote:
<quoted text>
We can sense your shame and embarrassment at having badly raised a child to help murder, torture and abuse innocent people.
Your prayers are wasted though. God is not a warmongering cheerleader.
Woods Sr. said.
“I want everyone to know what a good man he was.”
Good men don't go around killing for oil. He was the scum of the earth.
ratttlecattle

United States

#13 Apr 19, 2009
JustAMe wrote:
This is so sad. When are we going to get OUR boy/girls back home? We have lost enough.
Ask a republican....they started this REVENGE WAR.

USA is a LOSER NATION..no question about it
JustAMe

Rineyville, KY

#14 Apr 20, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a republican....they started this REVENGE WAR.
USA is a LOSER NATION..no question about it
Then move your ass out of the USA!
JustAMe

Rineyville, KY

#15 Apr 20, 2009
Marat wrote:
<quoted text>
We can sense your shame and embarrassment at having badly raised a child to help murder, torture and abuse innocent people.
Your prayers are wasted though. God is not a warmongering cheerleader.
Woods Sr. said.
“I want everyone to know what a good man he was.”
Good men don't go around killing for oil. He was the scum of the earth.
Sounds like you are a coward....
sgt gunny

Glasgow, KY

#16 Apr 20, 2009
Marat wrote:
<quoted text>
We can sense your shame and embarrassment at having badly raised a child to help murder, torture and abuse innocent people.
Your prayers are wasted though. God is not a warmongering cheerleader.
Woods Sr. said.
“I want everyone to know what a good man he was.”
Good men don't go around killing for oil. He was the scum of the earth.
You sir are an ass. You had better thank people like that ladie's young soldier who have helped perserve and protect your useless ass to make such a brainless statement.

I give all our young solders a big oohrah!!
JustAMe

Rineyville, KY

#17 Apr 20, 2009
sgt gunny wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are an ass. You had better thank people like that ladie's young soldier who have helped perserve and protect your useless ass to make such a brainless statement.
I give all our young solders a big oohrah!!
Take a look at what Rattlecattle has to say.
sgt gunny

Glasgow, KY

#18 Apr 20, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a republican....they started this REVENGE WAR.
USA is a LOSER NATION..no question about it
You are an ass as well. I have no political affiliations, but you call the USA losers? You need to leave our country, you are an embarrassment to me as well as the rest of this great nation.

Since: Jan 09

Shepherdsville

#19 Apr 20, 2009
If the USA is such a loser nation...get out and go live with the country YOU feel is worthy. We could use that space for someone useful. I have never heard such shit in my life....always have to have pieces of s**t running their mouths about our military,but what is it you do with yourselves on a daily basis????
JustAMe

Rineyville, KY

#20 Apr 20, 2009
lavenderlady1989 wrote:
If the USA is such a loser nation...get out and go live with the country YOU feel is worthy. We could use that space for someone useful. I have never heard such shit in my life....always have to have pieces of s**t running their mouths about our military,but what is it you do with yourselves on a daily basis????
I bet he/she is too much of a coward to take the bullet!

Since: Jan 09

Shepherdsville

#21 Apr 20, 2009
JustAMe wrote:
<quoted text>I bet he/she is too much of a coward to take the bullet!
LOL....I am sure there are plenty of soldiers fighting right now,that would be honored to sit these "boys" down and teach them a few things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Knox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rj? (Jun '16) Jun '16 AJBB 1
News Self-proclaimed 'troublemaker' finds niche in U... (Nov '08) Jan '16 Dannette 2
News Ted Nugent on Fort Knox Cancellation: Army Has ... (Apr '12) Nov '15 opie 4
News Midlothian soldier welcomed home (Apr '12) Dec '14 Mike 4
News Ky. Tea Party Slated For 4th Of July In Frankfort (Jul '09) Oct '14 Tyler 4
News a Pentagon mulls deployment as Poland asks for ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 USA Today 1
News Fort Knox area relieved cuts spare human resour... (Jul '13) Sep '13 Mr Big 5
More from around the web