'No one really cares': US deaths in Afghanistan hit 2,000 in 'forgotten' war

Aug 22, 2012 Full story: worldnews.nbcnews.com 18

The Afghan conflict generates barely a whisper on the U.S. presidential campaign trail.

Full Story
King jah

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Aug 26, 2012
One love Jah rasta fari
backwoods

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 26, 2012
An estimated 50,000 people die at their own hand or the hands of another each year in the United States. In and we get no flake vest and no issued automatic weapon.
In response to the post, yes I am upset our troops were deployed in the middle east at all thanks to the Industrial complex we can and will see more senseless wars in the future.
Preacher

Beckley, WV

#3 Aug 26, 2012
I knew before the 2004 election that Bush and Cheney would allow the corporations to bleed our country dry. Sad to say I was right. The rich are richer and the poor are poorer.
Greg

Germany

#4 Aug 26, 2012
Withdrawal and stop with these invasions, it should be done. It must be remembered that dozens or hundreds of tousends Afghans and Pakistanis were murdered too and by invaders.
Ron Paul is this only politician, who wants to end these whole wars and withdraw troops from these invaded countries.
must be

Volga, WV

#5 Aug 26, 2012
obama said he was going to bring all are troops home 4 years ago guess he lied about that to so lets vote for him again not
it is I

Beckley, WV

#6 Aug 26, 2012
Preacher wrote:
I knew before the 2004 election that Bush and Cheney would allow the corporations to bleed our country dry. Sad to say I was right. The rich are richer and the poor are poorer.
Yet obama still has troops there and is now paying even more private contracting firms to do the job at greater expense. Hope and change.
CombatVet

Altamonte Springs, FL

#7 Aug 27, 2012
backwoods wrote:
An estimated 50,000 people die at their own hand or the hands of another each year in the United States. In and we get no flake vest and no issued automatic weapon.
In response to the post, yes I am upset our troops were deployed in the middle east at all thanks to the Industrial complex we can and will see more senseless wars in the future.
To the moron who wrote statement above. You summed up how incredibly ignorant, uneducated and moronic you are in a few sentences. Congratulations. You are part of the problem.'forgotten war' meaning stupid fucking assholes like yourself cannot grasp the reality of the situation. Thousands of soldiers are dying. Soldiers dying every single day so you can sit around and write idiotic bullshit online. Thousands of soldiers giving there lives to ensure your freedom and safety. Yet you could not give a damn and you would dare be so incredibly disrespectful for the millions of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, son ect effected by this terrible war and whom have lost so much. You blatantly disrespect so the thousands that have given there lives and hundreds of thousands that will suffer life long effects for the sacrifices they have made for our great nation because the country is filled with moronic ignorant pussies like yourself who would never even dream of risking your ass for another or put yourself in harms way. Go fuck yourself. I would punch you right in the face for what you said and I would love to hear those words come out of your mouth to some of the combat veteran grunts that have fought over there. Shame on you.
CombatVet

Altamonte Springs, FL

#8 Aug 27, 2012
it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet obama still has troops there and is now paying even more private contracting firms to do the job at greater expense. Hope and change.
At greater expense? hahahaha where do you base that off of? Your own assumption? You need to do your research there buddy because that statement was about as ignorant as they come. You have no clue what you are talking about. Frankly in my own opinion, you are a fucking moron if you think it coast more to employ guys in the private sector than to the coast for using military. Then again, I am talking to someone who has never been there. Yet it seems all those who were never there seem to know soooo sooooo much more than the dudes who have ACTUALLY been there. How much do you think it coast to operate drones? or F16's, C17's or C5's? How much do you think it coast to train up soldiers and maintain the logistical support involved. You are a fucking idiot. That is all.
Je lai baisee

AOL

#9 Aug 27, 2012
We lost that war! The kept changing the scope. The latest is to wipe out the Taliban. This is equivalent to wiping out all the Democrats in the US.
I hate G. W. Bush for putting in a destructive pathway with no explanation, explication, exit game plan, or how it serves our interest. Instead, he fking rode Afghanistan for all the political juice he could without asking our permission to spend our money and shed our blood!
Fk the GOP!
backwoods

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 27, 2012
CombatVet seeing how I am a vet, I disagree with your statement. It is obvious who the dumb ass is here.
Just a thought

Belfry, KY

#11 Aug 27, 2012
CombatVet wrote:
<quoted text>
To the moron who wrote statement above. You summed up how incredibly ignorant, uneducated and moronic you are in a few sentences. Congratulations. You are part of the problem.'forgotten war' meaning stupid fucking assholes like yourself cannot grasp the reality of the situation. Thousands of soldiers are dying. Soldiers dying every single day so you can sit around and write idiotic bullshit online. Thousands of soldiers giving there lives to ensure your freedom and safety. Yet you could not give a damn and you would dare be so incredibly disrespectful for the millions of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, son ect effected by this terrible war and whom have lost so much. You blatantly disrespect so the thousands that have given there lives and hundreds of thousands that will suffer life long effects for the sacrifices they have made for our great nation because the country is filled with moronic ignorant pussies like yourself who would never even dream of risking your ass for another or put yourself in harms way. Go fuck yourself. I would punch you right in the face for what you said and I would love to hear those words come out of your mouth to some of the combat veteran grunts that have fought over there. Shame on you.
I too served, and as much as it saddens me to say the war we fought in Nam had nothing to do with our Freedoms. Americans have not fought a war which our freedoms were at stake since WWII. I know it makes us feel better to think we fought for freedom, but we didn't. We fought over a dam lie. We fought because powerful people made tons of money, and used us as their pawns and watched as we died by the thousands. The same is true for the so called wars we are in now. Those killed in them should never be forgotten. They did their jobs and followed orders. What is sad was a Pres telling the nation to go shopping while men and women were going into combat. At least the war in Nam had a direct effect on every family with sons. The nation had a higher stake in the war. The current wars are but something the average citizen sees on the news or internet. Help those in the same spot we were once in. Demand our government end the nation building and bring our loved ones home while they are still alive.
Travis

Saint Peters, MO

#13 Sep 1, 2012
CombatVet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! Well said!
Birddog

Beckley, WV

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Je lai baisee wrote:
We lost that war! The kept changing the scope. The latest is to wipe out the Taliban. This is equivalent to wiping out all the Democrats in the US.
I hate G. W. Bush for putting in a destructive pathway with no explanation, explication, exit game plan, or how it serves our interest. Instead, he fking rode Afghanistan for all the political juice he could without asking our permission to spend our money and shed our blood!
Fk the GOP!
I too hate George Bush and Dick Cheney. They invaded a near east county,bombed it to hell and then made corporations rich by rebuilding it. Then they allocate billions each year to prop up the new governments. Of course we have to borrow the money from China.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Rudest yet was, through all their speeches at the RNC last week....Romney/Ryan never once, thanked or even mentioned our brave military troops, serving in the war in Afghanistan....Not even one mention at all....These two guys don't give a damn for the soldiers, at all....
Big John Wayne

Chard, UK

#16 Sep 2, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Rudest yet was, through all their speeches at the RNC last week....Romney/Ryan never once, thanked or even mentioned our brave military troops, serving in the war in Afghanistan....Not even one mention at all....These two guys don't give a damn for the soldiers, at all....
Why should they?
The US military employs the lowest form of trailer trash to murder innocents on behalf of its corrupt commanders-in-chief.
Whether they get their worthless lives snuffed out or end up in wheelchairs is of no material importance.
Why not show a little respect for the true heroes, the Afghans, defending their country and families from this sick, pointless occupation?
rah rah

Apo, AE

#18 Sep 2, 2012
Hey Big John Wayne
You are gay!!
occupation is a SIN

Orange, NJ

#19 Sep 2, 2012
occupation is a SIN
Elsb

Varna, Bulgaria

#20 Sep 3, 2012
occupation is a SIN wrote:
occupation is a SIN
It is true. It is very hard sin, I doubt, if God can forgive such hard sin, brutal crime against innocent people and against God.
These fellows, criminals, who are responsible for it and who are perpetrators of it should rather be ready for eternal life with satan in hell even if they think that they are such super ,,Christians,,.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eastern Kentucky soldier dies in Afghanistan (Feb '14) Feb '14 Cameron 1
After years at war, the Army adapts to garrison... (Jan '14) Jan '14 QUEEN 2
Fort Drum aviation unit released from seven-day... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Riparian 2
DOD Identifies Army Casualty (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ayo Beyo 3
Judge won't dismiss aiding the enemy charge in ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 tguy 2
Wheeler-Sack Army Airfield readies thousands of... (May '13) May '13 Outside resident 1
Shawn Raymo Watched Wife, Jessica Raymo, Have O... (Oct '12) Apr '13 DotDashDashDotDot 16
•••

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••