Army to probe 5 slayings linked to Fo...

Army to probe 5 slayings linked to Fort Carson brigade

There are 11 comments on the Rocky Mountain News story from Oct 18, 2008, titled Army to probe 5 slayings linked to Fort Carson brigade. In it, Rocky Mountain News reports that:

Published October 18, 2008 at 7:17 a.m. Fort Carson soldiers returning from deployment in Iraq are suspects in at least five slayings, and officials want to know why.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mountain News.

“America's future is bright!”

Since: Dec 07

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Oct 18, 2008
I lived next to Fort Carson for several years, the answers are very clear to me.
what

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Oct 18, 2008
What do you mean?
what

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Oct 19, 2008
We are new here, can you explain yourself a little better?

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Oct 19, 2008
what wrote:
We are new here, can you explain yourself a little better?
You would have to live nearby and watch the behavior of the lower enlisted soldiers. Some of the things I witnessed over the years were truly shocking. The best thing I ever did in my life was to move to the other end of town far away.
what

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Oct 19, 2008
Well, I do live next to the lower enlisted guys, My hubby is in the army. What are you talking about? I agree there are a few bad ones but a lot more good guys.

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Oct 20, 2008
what wrote:
Well, I do live next to the lower enlisted guys, My hubby is in the army. What are you talking about? I agree there are a few bad ones but a lot more good guys.
A block from my house, 3 soldiers stomped a fellow soldier to death. It takes a great deal of anger to stomp someone to death. That was about 2 years ago. I witnessed to many things to list here. I have been threatened many times for simply going out on my deck to see who was smashing beer bottles outside or to check on other noises. I never felt safe, never felt my property was safe. For the most part, I feel most of the Fort Carson soldiers are poorly trained, have countless free time, drink and drive regularly, ect, ect. It was not unusual to see someone with a bottle in their hand stagger to their vehicle and drive off. It is hard to put all this in words and others will criticize me but the best money I ever spent in my life was spent moving away. I now live near the Air Force Academy and honestly you would not even know it was there.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Oct 23, 2008
When I was at Fort Carson back in 1998-2000 I was a PSG and spent most of my evenings at the Provost Marshalls Office picking up my "soldiers" for fighting, DUI's, domestic violence, and other infractions. On the other nights I was usually at the CSPD picking up the off-posters for the same things. When I tried to get "creative" with my own punishments, I was told I was "being too hard on the soldier". I left there with a bad NCOER because my "soldiers" didn't want to follow the rules. I thought my career was over, but I PCS'd to Korea, followed by Fort Lewis, and made MSG before going to Iraq and retiring. Fort Carson sucks, and always has. Unfortunately, my kid who graduated from 19D training at Fort Knox is getting stationed at that shithole. I wish him well.

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Oct 23, 2008
Darren M wrote:
When I was at Fort Carson back in 1998-2000 I was a PSG and spent most of my evenings at the Provost Marshalls Office picking up my "soldiers" for fighting, DUI's, domestic violence, and other infractions. On the other nights I was usually at the CSPD picking up the off-posters for the same things. When I tried to get "creative" with my own punishments, I was told I was "being too hard on the soldier". I left there with a bad NCOER because my "soldiers" didn't want to follow the rules. I thought my career was over, but I PCS'd to Korea, followed by Fort Lewis, and made MSG before going to Iraq and retiring. Fort Carson sucks, and always has. Unfortunately, my kid who graduated from 19D training at Fort Knox is getting stationed at that shithole. I wish him well.
Thanks for your post and a glimpse of the inner workings of Fort Carson. I served 4 years but never served on Fort Carson. I can say I was shocked by the behavior of many of the soldiers and it was far different than what I had served with.
what

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Oct 23, 2008
look, just because there are a few bad soldiers doesn't mean they are all bad. Fort Carson is not that bad, look at how many soldier's and families live here compared to other places, Carson is the 2nd largest military installation in the states, Fort hood being the biggest, more people together anywhere is going to mean more issues.. we have been to Fort Gordon in GA and Fort Lewis,(both smaller posts) Per capita, Fort Carson is not that bad. When you have people volunteering to go to war so you don't have to you'd think you'd be a little nicer to them.. but whatever... I have always lived in family housing so I really don't everything that goes on in the barracks, all I am saying is show some respect... don't just complain, if you want to change things voluteer yourself....

Location hidden

#10 Oct 24, 2008
what wrote:
look, just because there are a few bad soldiers doesn't mean they are all bad. Fort Carson is not that bad, look at how many soldier's and families live here compared to other places, Carson is the 2nd largest military installation in the states, Fort hood being the biggest, more people together anywhere is going to mean more issues.. we have been to Fort Gordon in GA and Fort Lewis,(both smaller posts) Per capita, Fort Carson is not that bad. When you have people volunteering to go to war so you don't have to you'd think you'd be a little nicer to them.. but whatever... I have always lived in family housing so I really don't everything that goes on in the barracks, all I am saying is show some respect... don't just complain, if you want to change things voluteer yourself....
Hate to break it to you, hero; but I'm retired from the Army. I did 2 tours in Korea, 6 months in Honduras, Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, and a tour in Iraq. It's your turn now. Fort Carson isn't even CLOSE to Fort Lewis.(I retired from Lewis)

Location hidden

#11 Oct 24, 2008
Oh yeah, and Fort Lewis has 40,000 soldiers now. Hardly a "small post".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Citizens urged to fight possible Fort Polk troo... (Feb '13) Oct '17 T R G I J 41
News Dogs helping injured soldiers under gova t program (Jun '09) Jan '17 Jeremy 15
News Top US commander in Europe meets with Ukraine t... (Dec '16) Dec '16 George 1
News Lockheed Martin to buy Sikorsky Aircraft for $9... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fred 1
News Soldiers among 4 in Fort Carson weapons, gear t... (May '15) May '15 lots 1
News Fort Carson soldiers train to stay healthy whil... (Oct '14) Nov '14 Scorned 7
News Apache battalion leaders suspended, under inves... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Darnell 1
More from around the web