Official: Soldier Wanted To Attack Fo...

Official: Soldier Wanted To Attack Fort Hood Troops

There are 11 comments on the KIRO-TV Seattle story from Jul 28, 2011, titled Official: Soldier Wanted To Attack Fort Hood Troops. In it, KIRO-TV Seattle reports that:

An AWOL Muslim American Army private arrested near Fort Hood, Texas, told investigators that he wanted to attack fellow soldiers outside Fort Hood, two law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIRO-TV Seattle.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#1 Jul 28, 2011
I'm surprise that Patsy hasn't already polluted this thread with claims that Oblunder single-handedly tracked this clown down and arrested him.
Ralph

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jul 28, 2011
Good news, another happy jihadist caught before he could do any damage.
StormDancer

Seattle, WA

#3 Jul 28, 2011
another person from the religion of piece oops peace
they are all such morons
nam vet

Livonia, LA

#4 Jul 28, 2011
there may be good muslims in military but i would be scared serving with any of them!how does one know when they suddenly change and kill for allah?charlie looked the same too?
Dumb

Allentown, PA

#5 Jul 29, 2011
LOL religion of peace...
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#6 Jul 29, 2011
dragoon70056 wrote:
I'm surprise that Patsy hasn't already polluted this thread with claims that Oblunder single-handedly tracked this clown down and arrested him.
o-bomb-a protects and encourages wacko muslims in the military...

giving them time to plan their attacks.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#7 Jul 29, 2011
I know they're having a hard time making numbers, but the Army needs to raise the bar a little bit. Case in point: my brother wanted to enlist in the Marines - they wouldn't take him. So, he went into the Army, AND got a sign on bonus. Go figure.
2Sweet

Stafford, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2011
Glad he was caught. Don't want to ever see another Fort Hood massacre again.

I always felt a little safer when I would go on base but I admit that after the Fort Hood attack I thought twice.

Now the folks that spoke out against Rep. King of NY for holding inquiries into the radicalization of Americans need to step back. This soldier just proved that it is happening here.

“Retired Extremely Dangerous”

Since: Mar 08

El Paso, TX , USA

#9 Jul 29, 2011
I served in the US Army from President Johnson thru President Clinton; I retired after 30 years of service. Today’s Army is in poor shape, the degradation of the US Army started with President Richard Nixon and the end of the Draft and the institution of the Army of One. We are not an Army of One, but an Army of many we are the people of the United States of America.
The political correctness in the US Military is the beginning of the end to the American Army readiness and its way of life. Just as in, the Roman Professional Army became somewhat of a mercenary military; not a clear representation of the nation’s population, but a collection of professional soldiers without loyalty to the nation but rather paid professionals loyal only to their pockets. Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy, openly gay service members, easing up on the training conditions, the education requirements of the Junior Enlisted, and criminal background checks, etcetera. Pfc. Naser Abdo, is a radicalized Muslim from Garland Texas, the fact is that Islam is both a religion and a political philosophy, in Islam there is no loyalty to the State or to the Nation only to the Faith of Islam. Abdo, who had requested conscientious objector status because his Muslim beliefs prevented him from fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, had no problem with the planning, and of the attempted murder of brother American soldiers.Representative Peter King of New York is correct,the US has become to PC, we must start looking into the radicalization of Muslims in the US, the US Military and in the US Prison system, they are using of constitution to our own demise.
Copycat

Paso Robles, CA

#10 Jul 30, 2011
Exactly. Get for one thing the Army out of Recruiting and their fat cat Generals away from the parades at NASCAR and the Kentucky Derby and send them back to the sandbox. What a waste! Their recruiting policies suck and none of the Brass are marketing gurus like from Wharton or Stanford or somewhere. Send Recruiting over to the Selective Service with the professionals or send it to a professional headhunter firm. Attention - USAREC Brass - you don't know what you are doing - admit it - we know you have your foolish pride - "Each Army Officer is capable of doing any job in the Army". Oh, really? Recruitment of jihadists, gang members, plus numerous suicide events, ideation, attempts, completed suicides by Recruiters/combat vets. We need a Congressional investigation of the incompetent Teflon Generals of USAREC and their higher chain of command.

“Retired Extremely Dangerous”

Since: Mar 08

El Paso, TX , USA

#11 Jul 30, 2011
Copycat wrote:
Exactly. Get for one thing the Army out of Recruiting and their fat cat Generals away from the parades at NASCAR and the Kentucky Derby and send them back to the sandbox. What a waste! Their recruiting policies suck and none of the Brass are marketing gurus like from Wharton or Stanford or somewhere. Send Recruiting over to the Selective Service with the professionals or send it to a professional headhunter firm. Attention - USAREC Brass - you don't know what you are doing - admit it - we know you have your foolish pride - "Each Army Officer is capable of doing any job in the Army". Oh, really? Recruitment of jihadists, gang members, plus numerous suicide events, ideation, attempts, completed suicides by Recruiters/combat vets. We need a Congressional investigation of the incompetent Teflon Generals of USAREC and their higher chain of command.
Failure is not an option, Mission First, People always. I agree, here on Fort Bliss El Paso Texas, there are a large number of soldiers on Post with affiliation and gang membership, last year a Private from the Post was arrest by the civilian authorities for a gangland hit on a local Drug Cartel member. The C-G on post will not admit to it but most of the discipline problems within the Junior Enlisted Grades are all gang related, and the gang problem also exists on post. It goes back to Clinton’s dumbing down of the Military, all Branches, Bush with the need to Stop Loss, need soldiers in readiness for combat deployments, Obama, and Secretary of Defense Gates, with their PC attitude toward Gays and religious accommodations for Muslim Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines. As a Brigade, Battalion, or Company Commander my duty is toward my mission; its success or failure depend on the combat effectiveness and readiness of my Unit. The Generals and the Pentagon are to Politically Correct and willing to appease Obama, Gates, and now Panetta that they have forgotten t hat it is the COs and Senior Non-Commission Officers in the field whose mission is affected by their decisions. The outcome of a battle or operation is being made and decided by the Stars and their Civilian bosses behind a desk in their bunkers in D.C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Soldier's hero dog 'stolen' by military (Nov '14) Nov '15 Grammy904 6
News Chamber says cuts coming to Fort Campbell (Nov '14) Nov '14 Carolyn 1
News 101st Airborne Division to deploy to Liberia in... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Roger Edgar 7
News 'Cougar' caught having sex with 'Screaming Eagl... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suebi212 3
Social life (Jun '14) Jun '14 Hope 1
News Kentucky solider Nathaniel Garvin of Radcliff a... (Jul '10) Feb '14 Timothy Garvin 3
News Tazewell County Sheriff's detectives aid milita... (Feb '14) Feb '14 sis 2
More from around the web