Fire Rages After Explosion At Puerto ...

Fire Rages After Explosion At Puerto Rico Oil Facility

There are 3 comments on the NPR story from Oct 23, 2009, titled Fire Rages After Explosion At Puerto Rico Oil Facility. In it, NPR reports that:

Smoke billows from the Caribbean Petroleum Corp. warehouse and distribution center, in a suburb of San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NPR.

rose rivera

Yonkers, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2009
Looking from the outside as what is happening in Puerto Rico, it seems to me that an act of terrorism is now on our Enchanted Island. I have been very attentive as to what may had caused this terrible and tragic incident. Asthma is a big concern when it comes to the Puertorican race, who generally are affected by the transmission of any toxic waste. I am somewhat upset because this news has not been given the exposure of all these toxic in the air and how in the long run it will affect the people of Puerto Rico. A major investigation towards this horrible incident should be a priority not only in Puerto Rico but all over the world.
NOT REALLY

Exton, PA

#2 Oct 25, 2009
rose rivera wrote:
Looking from the outside as what is happening in Puerto Rico, it seems to me that an act of terrorism is now on our Enchanted Island. I have been very attentive as to what may had caused this terrible and tragic incident. Asthma is a big concern when it comes to the Puertorican race, who generally are affected by the transmission of any toxic waste. I am somewhat upset because this news has not been given the exposure of all these toxic in the air and how in the long run it will affect the people of Puerto Rico. A major investigation towards this horrible incident should be a priority not only in Puerto Rico but all over the world.
An investigation is under way. Over 100 Federal agents have converged onto the scene to investigate the cause. By the way, Puerto Rican is not a race and Puerto Ricans are not any more susceptible to the acrid smoke and resulting illness than anyone else.
Anonymouse

Redway, CA

#3 Oct 28, 2009
NOT REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
An investigation is under way. Over 100 Federal agents have converged onto the scene to investigate the cause. By the way, Puerto Rican is not a race and Puerto Ricans are not any more susceptible to the acrid smoke and resulting illness than anyone else.
Well, I'm with you on the race part, but Puerto Ricans do have a higher incidence of asthma than other populations in the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veteran Wants To Be Remembered As Patriot, Good... (Sep '13) Dec '16 HairyGuy 11
News Fire engulfs Puerto Rico fuel hub (Nov '09) Nov '09 NinjaDragonX 1
More from around the web