Franklin Graham Pushes Filibuster Of DADT Repeal, Holds Christian Concert At Fort Bragg

Sep 25, 2010 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association will be putting on a concert called “Rock The Fort” today at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Of course, never mind that aids to Senator George Voinovich have confirmed that Reverend Franklin Graham, or someone associated with his ministry, was involved in pressuring the Senate to filibuster the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and effectively defund the military at the same time. If it was not Graham doing the calling, it was someone doing so on his order.

Comments
101 - 103 of 103 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2010
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

Im Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, why hasn't Topix banned this guy?
Better yet, why hasn't anyone shipped him to Iran? He'd make a good pole base for our flag, just force it through the stomach.
;)
What disturbs me profoundly is that people like him are just making *EVERYONE* more *VIOLENT*, and *ANGRIER*. Yet stupid, worthless goddamn shitheads aren't seeing that as reason to *DO SOMETHING* about these issues. If anyone who cared about god and family and *CHILDREN* cared about these issues and saw how much enmity they are producing, wouldn't they work *TO FIND SOME WAY TO PROTECT GAY FAMILIES AND THEIR KIDS*? But they're not.

I think the enmity, hatred and violence -- for the first time in my life -- may have to get worse before someone does something *intelligent* about this. I am *extremely and savagely* anti-violence, but this has all gone so far that I'm not so sure I give a ***k anymore if it happens. I highly highly doubt I would participate, but I would shrug and say, "America's getting what it deserves." This needs to stop.

This shit needs to stop yesterday.

Reasonable, sensible people *VERY* goddamn badly need to recognize that gay people should be being protected, with the same equal rights as everyone else, simple, period, the end.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

Im Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, why hasn't Topix banned this guy?
Better yet, why hasn't anyone shipped him to Iran? He'd make a good pole base for our flag, just force it through the stomach.
;)
Banned, by Topix? You must be joking. Did you ever see all the far rights ads they have? Topix encourages posters like Cae and Robert Laity who call for the president to be murdered
Bobby

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

It always comes around to the same, tired, endless arguments. While you are all on these blogs bashing one another, those in power are taking rights aways from BOTH sides of the issue.

We are never going to agree on everything. We are never going to convert the opposition to see or believe what we believe. One thing that IS true is that by supporting the rights of one group you're going to step on the rights of another. That's just a simple fact of "displacement" and "balance". No answer to any question will satisfy both sides of an issue...it's impossible.

Gays have a right to equality...even though I don't necessarily agree with the lifestyle. I have a right to free religious speech even though someone else doesn't agree with my view or even believe there is a God. That's just life, that's just the way it is. I don't want gays shoved into a dark corner in order to be avoided any more than I want all Christian speech identified as "hate-filled". We are all human and make mistakes. As such, we should accept and love one another's humanity first. Rather than just accept that we don't agree on some issues, we sit out on these sites and berate and degrade each other with unnecessary speech and name-calling. We are all better than that and really need to look at ourselves before we go around demeaning others we really don't know or know anything about.

God bless and I hope for the best for all of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••