As US marks end of war in Iraq, parad...

As US marks end of war in Iraq, parade honoring troops isn't even in planning stages

There are 8 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 27, 2011, titled As US marks end of war in Iraq, parade honoring troops isn't even in planning stages. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Americans probably won't be seeing a huge ticker-tape parade anytime soon for troops returning from Iraq, and it's not clear if veterans of the nine-year campaign will ever enjoy the grand, flag-waving, red-white-and-blue homecoming that the nation's fighting men and women received after World War II and the Gulf War.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

down with war criminals

Covington, VA

#1 Dec 27, 2011
Why should murderers be honored??
Tea party Republican

Hollywood, FL

#2 Dec 27, 2011
down with war criminals wrote:
Why should murderers be honored??
As a republican I love a flag draping, pubescent , public show of veteran support but behind closed doors . I LOVE to cut their VA benefits lol.

PHCK Veterans.

"Rather than trim from the Pentagon's budget, the GOP assembled its package of $61 billion in cuts from deep reductions to non-defense discretionary programs, including $2.6 billion in funding provided to care for America's veterans through the Veterans Administration.

Leaders of VA's largest union, the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), say that the reductions threaten the health care and benefits delivery services provided by VA employees."

http://www.thewashingtoncurrent.com/2011/02/g...
zach mccann

Riverside, CA

#3 Dec 27, 2011
i agree U.S soldiers are just payed mercinarys. 1 million dead inocent iraqis in that god forsaken war
down with war criminals

Covington, VA

#4 Dec 27, 2011
The entire military budget of america should be cut by 80%.This should include money to "black projects",the pentagon,darpa,nsa,cia,isarel, aipac,army,navy,marines,navyse als,airforce,etc.These war criminals in washington dc need to be removed from power by the citizens of america.In the constitution it says we the people not israel and corporations.
Dog

Shingletown, CA

#5 Dec 27, 2011
Fluoride basted, bird brained, Bunk Boiz don't deserve a parade, Much Less Benefits.
Tea party Republican

Hollywood, FL

#6 Dec 28, 2011
Dog wrote:
Fluoride basted, bird brained, Bunk Boiz don't deserve a parade, Much Less Benefits.
I agree.
Soldiers don't deserve a damn thing . Only to get phcked over real good republican style and that is why I vote republican and voted for Florida's tea party republican governor Rick Scott.

"There is a $35 million cut to the Department of Veterans Affairs and a $173 million cut to the Agency for Persons With Disabilities right alongside a $300 million increase to the Executive Office of the Governor.

And to think Scott had the nerve to unveil that inside a church."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-02-2...
darkwisp

Egypt

#7 Dec 30, 2011
the only true black magic source www.blackmagicmyth.com
tired

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Dec 30, 2011
they don't deserve a parade. iraq lasted more than twice as long as ww2, but was not a victory or anything to be proud of. the us military literally had to run out of iraq in the middle of the night! and the iraqi prime minister who these idiots were really dying to keep in power snubbed them at their farewell cermony. neither the iraqi prime minister or president attended. a lot of the soldiers are criminals and thugs who raped iraq girls and american servicemembers. i never agreed with the stupid war and will never thank them for anything. the iraq war may have greatly enriched certain people and corporations but it didn't do anything for the american people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 men in North Carolina shooting ID'd as soldie... Mar '18 LEE 1
News Bergdahl court-martial could wait until after N... (May '16) Oct '17 21 Year Military ... 3
News Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's Odd Journey From Victim to... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Conservative Boot 3
News Bowe Bergdahl expected to plead guilty to deser... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Truth 2
News Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama to avert deser... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Charm2176 5
News Army's handling of Bergdahl case highlights upc... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Battle Tested 3
News Fort Bragg paratrooper dies while training (Nov '11) Jun '16 Proud Infidel 11