Retired chaplains warn against 'don't...

Retired chaplains warn against 'don't ask' repeal

There are 175 comments on the The Topeka Capital-Journal story from Oct 29, 2010, titled Retired chaplains warn against 'don't ask' repeal. In it, The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

Dozens of retired military chaplains say that serving both God and the U.S. armed forces will become impossible for chaplains whose faiths consider homosexuality a sin if the "don't ask, don't tell" policy is thrown out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Topeka Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#1 Oct 29, 2010
"I'm against gay Marriage because of my religion"
- Broke Obama
scout

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2010
yes, they have this correct. Christ states homosexuals are an 'abomination' and must have the death penalty.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#3 Oct 29, 2010
Chaplains in the US Govs Military??

Wait! I thought leftist filth said the Constitution forces a "Separation of church and State"???

Ah, but it doesn't actually Say that in the Constitution! And for good reason. Now I see! The Filth was wrong.

It merely states that: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;..."

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#4 Oct 29, 2010
1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am1.html

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Oct 29, 2010
Then those chaplains can get out if they are unable to minister to ALL the troops.

Chaplains are there to SERVE the religious needs of the troops, NOT promote their own dogma.

That's why there is such a continuing problem with proseltizing in the Air Force Academy and elsewhere in the military. These chaplains forgot who they're serving.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#6 Oct 29, 2010
scout wrote:
yes, they have this correct. Christ states homosexuals are an 'abomination' and must have the death penalty.
I think you mean "Allah" as taken from the Koran by MoHamHead.
CJP

Gettysburg, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Then those chaplains can get out if they are unable to minister to ALL the troops.
Chaplains are there to SERVE the religious needs of the troops, NOT promote their own dogma.
That's why there is such a continuing problem with proseltizing in the Air Force Academy and elsewhere in the military. These chaplains forgot who they're serving.
As always you are full of crap! Their top priority is to do what the lord says they are to do.And nowhere does the lord say condone gays!

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#8 Oct 29, 2010
If Obama would end His Wars, this DADT wouldn't such a big issue. It seems an odd time, War, to perform more social experiments on our troops. You would think this could be better implemented during peacetime with a presidential Executive Order.

I wonder if Obama suffers from "Stinking Thinking" syndrome whereas he knows Unemployment is a burden too hard for him to handle and doesn't want to end His Wars for fear of bringing troops back home where they will obviously be Unemployed but looking shortly after their discharge?

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#9 Oct 29, 2010
Crist Would Caucus With Democrats, Advisor Says

October 29, 2010

By Peter Wallsten

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist would caucus with Senate Democrats if he wins Florida’s three-way U.S. Senate contest on Tuesday, a close advisor told Washington Wire Friday.

That’s a big “if.” Mr. Crist is trailing Republican candidate Marco Rubio in most polls. But the declaration by Florida trial lawyer John Morgan sheds light on one of the many mysteries in the Bill Clinton-Charlie Crist-Kendrick Meek imbroglio.

“Crist is going to caucus with the Democrats,” Mr. Morgan said.“I don’t think there’s any ifs, ands or buts about it. It would be, in a very tight year, almost like a Democratic pickup in a solid Republican state.”

Mr. Morgan says the question of whether Mr. Crist would side with Democrats had nothing to do with any purported deal under which Mr. Meek would quit the race.

Crist spokesman Danny Kanner has denied that Mr. Crist had agreed to caucus with Senate Democrats as part of any deal with Mr. Clinton or Mr. Meek.

A person close to Mr. Clinton and familiar with the discussions tells Washington Wire that, yes, Mr. Crist had agreed to caucus with Senate Democrats if Mr. Meek bowed out of the race.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/10/29/cris...

Crist is an Idiot. No wonder Obama and Clinton are trying to woo him with backroom deals.
Steven

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Oct 29, 2010
scout wrote:
But all religious texts are total bullshit, so it doesn't matter what he said.
Rosco

Washington, DC

#11 Oct 29, 2010
Just like prisons, death beds, and war, people find religion one way or another. Hopefully in life than death. I should write that one down.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Oct 29, 2010
CJP wrote:
<quoted text>As always you are full of crap! Their top priority is to do what the lord says they are to do.And nowhere does the lord say condone gays!
Then they can get out of the military. No great loss. In fact, I'm sure that will be the BEST side effect from gays serving openly. The less religion the better.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#13 Oct 29, 2010
scout wrote:
Oh yeah? WHERE did Christ say this? Which book? Which verse? Which page?

A recent poll shows that atheists are more knowledgeable about religion than theists. Thanks for proving it.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#14 Oct 29, 2010
If a clergy person cannot serve all the troops in the armed forces, what business would they have being chaplains at all? Would some clergy person saying serving all races is sinful be tolerated? Of course not.

There have always been gays & lesbians in the ranks, and very soon they will serve openly. It's good if a clergy person has enough self awareness to see they don't fit as chaplains. No way should their prejudices be accommodated.
Lance Winslow

United States

#15 Oct 29, 2010
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? WHERE did Christ say this? Which book? Which verse? Which page?
A recent poll shows that atheists are more knowledgeable about religion than theists. Thanks for proving it.
Gospel of teabaggers, book of lies, vice versa.
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#16 Oct 29, 2010
A retired military chaplain.... they spend their dyas looking for more little boys to rape and molest.

Retired chaplains should just STFU !!!!!

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 29, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
You're absolutely correct.

Besides, what's the difference between ministering to a closeted soldier and one who is out?

Same God ... same prayer. At least one would hope so.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 29, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
If Obama would end His Wars, this DADT wouldn't such a big issue. It seems an odd time, War, to perform more social experiments on our troops. You would think this could be better implemented during peacetime with a presidential Executive Order.
I wonder if Obama suffers from "Stinking Thinking" syndrome whereas he knows Unemployment is a burden too hard for him to handle and doesn't want to end His Wars for fear of bringing troops back home where they will obviously be Unemployed but looking shortly after their discharge?
What do you mean "His" Wars? By capitalizing "His" when you are speaking of George W. Bush, you are committing blasphemy.

At any rate, the wars which were started under the W. Bush regime are, and always have been, America's wars in the eyes of the world. I'm not at all happy with Obama's performance in many areas, but I do think that he is doing the best anyone could expect in terms of ending the preemptive wars that were started by his predecessor and left for him to clean up.

Since: Mar 08

Whittier, CA

#19 Oct 29, 2010
I can imagine these men of "religion" objecting to this.

It first removes their sole claim for having sex with the young boys, but it also goes to show how truly ignorant religion in general is.

So it’s OK to serve god and the armed forces. It’s ok to blow up hundreds of thousands of people just as long as one of the guys pulling the trigger is NOT GAY!

WANT PEACE? ELIMINATE RELIGION!

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#20 Oct 29, 2010
Those that want gays in the military are either gay or have never served. It WILL cause beatings or worse. Someone will take a look the wrong way and it will happen.
Why would 60 straight men want to shower with a gay man? How about peeing 5-6 to a urinal? Standing on line in their underwear? Why not let men and women shower together? If I was in a shower with 60 women, I am going to look at every one of them.

There was one gay in my platoon at Parris Island but no one could prove it. He was mentally tortured by several other recruits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Bragg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fort Bragg paratrooper dies while training (Nov '11) Jun 25 Proud Infidel 11
News Bergdahl court-martial could wait until after N... Jun 21 frilled2b 2
News Weird Animals Jun 16 Abrahammock Relig... 1
News Confederate flag rekindles Marin effort to chan... (Jul '15) Oct '15 A Thought 25
News CIA job interview leads to criminal investigati... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Mag 1
News Court papers: Mom says she stabbed kids to keep... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Belle Sexton 5
News Jane Fonda's Vietnam-era arrest bolsters GOP cr... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Le Jimbo 45
More from around the web