Laser weapon knocks down missile off ...

Laser weapon knocks down missile off Calif coast

There are 4 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Feb 12, 2010, titled Laser weapon knocks down missile off Calif coast. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

A high-powered laser destroyed a target missile in flight off the Central California coast in a milestone test of a futuristic but troubled national defense system, the Air Force announced Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#1 Feb 14, 2010
Hey!!...that was My missle!

That's it, I'm calling My Mom!
Oscar

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Feb 14, 2010
These eggheads had assured us 20 years ago, that they already had this Technology. We gave them billions of dollars to advance the science, and all we saw was "Engineers" and "Eggheads" getting govt funding. Where did all that money go? To make Lucrative Lifelong careers for Engineering Companies contracting for those dollars. And the results 20 years later are: We are no closer to true SDI Technology than we were then. Like Cancer Research. They never find cures, but need more funding to keep the research going. Keep the Careers going. Shut down the funding to these scam outfits. Make Private Contractors SHOW their success, or refuse them more money.
Publius2

Oroville, CA

#3 Feb 14, 2010
Oscar wrote:
These eggheads had assured us 20 years ago, that they already had this Technology. We gave them billions of dollars to advance the science, and all we saw was "Engineers" and "Eggheads" getting govt funding. Where did all that money go? To make Lucrative Lifelong careers for Engineering Companies contracting for those dollars. And the results 20 years later are: We are no closer to true SDI Technology than we were then. Like Cancer Research. They never find cures, but need more funding to keep the research going. Keep the Careers going. Shut down the funding to these scam outfits. Make Private Contractors SHOW their success, or refuse them more money.
It is typical for military technology to be well advanced beyond what the people generally know. The F-117 Stealth fighter is already considered obsolete. There has been speculation that the so-called "Aurora" project is already in operation. Aircraft with missile destroying lasers have been flying for years.
The Navy is working on insect sized flying cameras. Weapons that can be used for incapacitating whole armies for months through pain compliance (while not killing them), distributed from aircraft are being explored.

Oscar

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Feb 15, 2010
Publilus: Stop getting all your Matter-of-fact Technology Info from Popular Science. 60% of that stuff never gets made. It's a comic book for Geek Adults.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edwards Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama talks UFOs, admits Aliens are in Control (Mar '15) Mar '15 freethinkradio DO... 2
News Russia's Su-35 fighter makes first demonstratio... (Jul '08) Mar '15 Elise Gingerich 4
News 10Best: Conspiracies and legends around the USA (Oct '14) Oct '14 Nice Try but 4
News Rights Of Same-Sex Military Spouses Vary By State (Sep '14) Sep '14 WeTheSheeple 16
News 4 Top U.F.O. Theories to Probe Your Brain (Jul '14) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 2
News School rallies to aid of wounded GI (Nov '13) Nov '13 People helping pe... 1
News Dream Chaser prototype spaceship damaged after ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 2
More from around the web