Pilot Dies in F-22A Raptor Crash in Mojave Desert

Mar 25, 2009 Full story: www.huliq.com 8
A test pilot was killed in a crash of an F-22A Raptor, the Air Force's top-of-the line fighter jet. The plane crashed Wednesday in a remote area of the Mojave Desert. Full Story

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#2 Mar 26, 2009
The pilots who talked about this plane on the military channel said that it was night-and-day comparing it to even the most advanced superhornets.
it runs on Unix which means it takes a person to make it crash.. sorry, bad joke. but seriously it's operating system is more diverse and robust than the servers running the world's banking infrastructure.

“FREEDOM”

Since: Dec 08

Bethel NY

#3 Mar 26, 2009
its a lot of airplane....with super complicated systems...like said already..it may be too much for mere mortals....the stuff of science fiction,or Star War movies...it may require robotic piloting which it has already,,...however the "Gs" may be too much ,at this point for humanbeings...its a fantastic wepon.....hope they do not cut it...like Carter did with the great planes then...big mistake.....but sensible Republicans brought them back..LOL, LOL!!..well they did!!.

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#4 Mar 26, 2009
well the killed the commanche.. it didnt even need a pilot!
was like a superfast stealth apache helicopter with no need of a pilot, so they loaded it up with sh-t and made it obsolete.
Frank Stuart Patterson

United States

#5 Mar 26, 2009
Military test pilot has always been a very dangerous occupation. Ever since WW I it's been dangerous. The learning curve always lags behind the capabilities of the plane. Trial and error is the fastest way to learn, and the most dangerous.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#6 Mar 26, 2009
If it can fly, it can crash. Technology won't change that fact. Godspeed to the pilot.
Chicago

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 26, 2009
The article is wrong the last crash was on take off at Nellis AFB in Nevada in 2004 not Edwards. Nellis just ended Red Flag week and the Raptors were in the air along with other planes from other countries. Nothing comes close to this Raptor. RIP to the Airman and prayers to his family and extended military family.

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#8 Apr 7, 2009
Gates has announced that he wants to kill the F-22. I think this is a BAD idea.

People should call their U.S. Senators and congressmen and congresswomen to save the F-22.
Chicago

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
Gates has announced that he wants to kill the F-22. I think this is a BAD idea.
People should call their U.S. Senators and congressmen and congresswomen to save the F-22.
The F-22's are expensive and can do more than the human body can take. They are looking toward the F-35's now, cheaper too. I would have loved to see a couple of F-22's chasing this guy flying over my state last night. They are something to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edwards Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10Best: Conspiracies and legends around the USA Oct '14 Nice Try but 4
Rights Of Same-Sex Military Spouses Vary By State Sep '14 WeTheSheeple 16
4 Top U.F.O. Theories to Probe Your Brain (Jul '14) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 2
School rallies to aid of wounded GI (Nov '13) Nov '13 People helping pe... 1
Dream Chaser prototype spaceship damaged after ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 2
4 Government Conspiracies That Make PRISM Look ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dorothy 1
Almanac: Monday, June 24, 2013 (Jun '13) Jun '13 GREGORY BROWN 1
More from around the web