Mayor Glasper eager to beautify Adelanto

Mayor Glasper eager to beautify Adelanto

There are 1 comment on the Victorville Daily Press story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Mayor Glasper eager to beautify Adelanto. In it, Victorville Daily Press reports that:

ADELANTO Charley Glasper's mind is fixed on two goals: increasing commercial revenue and beautifying the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Victorville Daily Press.

Bob Conaway

Apple Valley, CA

#1 Jan 27, 2009
I read Glaspers's let's beautify Adelanto article again and I am stunned he would suggest one of his goals is to make everything more uniform. I think Charley has been chasing certain voters and politicians a bit too much and has lost vision of his duty as a public official. Adelanto is diverse (and it is not a military base). Yes, Adelanto has some low income areas (but the rest of the County is just now catching up to the realization they are a couple of paychecks away from having just as little). People need to live at the means they have (government could learn from that). I really hope Charley does not try and make everything uniform so that it oppresses the lower income and poor in HIS community. The proposed or hoped-for deal making with Lewis Homes bothers me--its almost as if Charley is selling out his constituency so he can get some concessions out of Lewis that the City can't afford for things the City has been able to do without. I think I know why Charley endorsed Mitzelfelt when he ran for supervisor--he's no less be-owning to the developer dollar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edwards Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama talks UFOs, admits Aliens are in Control (Mar '15) Mar '15 freethinkradio DO... 2
News Russia's Su-35 fighter makes first demonstratio... (Jul '08) Mar '15 Elise Gingerich 4
News 10Best: Conspiracies and legends around the USA (Oct '14) Oct '14 Nice Try but 4
News Rights Of Same-Sex Military Spouses Vary By State (Sep '14) Sep '14 WeTheSheeple 16
News 4 Top U.F.O. Theories to Probe Your Brain (Jul '14) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 2
News School rallies to aid of wounded GI (Nov '13) Nov '13 People helping pe... 1
News Dream Chaser prototype spaceship damaged after ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 2
More from around the web