21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Af...

21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Afghanistan

There are 58 comments on the Las Vegas Sun story from Aug 22, 2009, titled 21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Afghanistan. In it, Las Vegas Sun reports that:

A 21-year-old Navajo soldier killed in Afghanistan was described by his mother as someone who made everyone smile and his father remembered him as an outgoing man with an interest in the outdoors and art.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Vegas Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#89 Sep 2, 2009
Own a piece of land?
ratttlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#90 Sep 2, 2009
Our troops deserve NOTHING

They came as FOOLs and will leave the area as FOOLS

“Live Free or Die Trying”

Since: Feb 09

Las Cruces

#91 Sep 3, 2009
Dave in LC wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you feel the same way when Bush invaded Iraq?
Yes I did because my son was of draft age had the administration felt that was the way to go. I also felt that way in 1971 when it was my butt on the line.

“Live Free or Die Trying”

Since: Feb 09

Las Cruces

#92 Sep 3, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
Our troops deserve NOTHING
They came as FOOLs and will leave the area as FOOLS
I take it that when another major storm or other natural disaster hits Florida, that you will not accept any assistance from the National Guard or military reserves since you seem to despise the military so much.
ratttlecattle

Casselberry, FL

#93 Sep 4, 2009
lcirishman wrote:
<quoted text>I take it that when another major storm or other natural disaster hits Florida, that you will not accept any assistance from the National Guard or military reserves since you seem to despise the military so much.
When they are helping americans is differant from their current mission of evil and death.

They would actually be doing their JOBS here in their OWN country..you fool.

They are being used and abused by their own government...why do they put up with it?

Iraq , Afghanistan are not the 51 & 52nd states of the union...why are we there?

The UGLY face of the USA is twisted in revenge from 9/11/01....now it will be slapped again as it was in Vietnam.

“Yes that's my foot in your ass”

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, Tx

#94 Sep 9, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
When they are helping americans is differant from their current mission of evil and death.
They would actually be doing their JOBS here in their OWN country..you fool.
They are being used and abused by their own government...why do they put up with it?
Iraq , Afghanistan are not the 51 & 52nd states of the union...why are we there?
The UGLY face of the USA is twisted in revenge from 9/11/01....now it will be slapped again as it was in Vietnam.
One Percenter Coward, always worried about the money spent on war, he's afraid his welfare check won't make it to the nursing home this month. Time to tell your nurse to get the DNR paperwork signed grandpa.
ratttlecattle

Casselberry, FL

#95 Sep 9, 2009
Red Foreman wrote:
<quoted text>
One Percenter Coward, always worried about the money spent on war, he's afraid his welfare check won't make it to the nursing home this month. Time to tell your nurse to get the DNR paperwork signed grandpa.
You got any children or grandchildren?

Tell them to save their pennies to help pay our TRILLIONS in DEBT for a war that never had to happen

The last laugh is on us......OBL has helped the USA sink into financial collapse.

The bill for our sick revenge so far $3 TRILLION, revenge is worthless and expensive.

God should SPIT in the FACE of america not bless it.

“Yes that's my foot in your ass”

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, Tx

#96 Sep 10, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell them to save their pennies to help pay our TRILLIONS in DEBT for a war that never had to happen
The last laugh is on us......OBL has helped the USA sink into financial collapse.
The bill for our sick revenge so far $3 TRILLION, revenge is worthless and expensive.
There you go again, putting a price on freedom. Go live in Afghanistan for a month with the Taliban and then come back and tell us what your price is to give you back your freedom. Idiot.
ratttlecattle

Casselberry, FL

#97 Sep 10, 2009
Red Foreman wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, putting a price on freedom. Go live in Afghanistan for a month with the Taliban and then come back and tell us what your price is to give you back your freedom. Idiot.
Newflash DUMMY

This war is not about FREEDOM...DEMOCRACY or DEFENSE
Baseball Fanatic

El Paso, TX

#98 Sep 10, 2009
I'm not sure I like the headline to this story and will probably take heat for my comment, but here it is, being a combat vet myself this young man without a doubt is a hero, but why did the paper have to "categorize" him as a “Navajo Soldier”, he's an American Soldier, all of our military men and women are special, regardless of heritage.
Baseball Fanatic

El Paso, TX

#99 Sep 10, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately this young man's death and 5000 others senselessly lost over these last 7 years didn't have one damn thing to do with freedom. It had everything to do with massive macho incompetence by a war-mongering nation bent on revenge instead of solutions.
BTW: Where's Bin Laden?
Tough guy Dubya: "There's an old poster out west that I recall that said wanted dead or alive." He also said that the purpose of going to war was to "smoke him out". And then a couple months later sluffs it off:“I truly am not that concerned about him.” and turned his his attention away from bin Laden and onto lying the country onto the invasion of Iraq — a country that had not a damn thing to do with 9/11.
Another good question Roy, are you now asking your buddy Obama that same question, are you going to hold him accountable?

Remember, this is Obama's so called "Good War", the war of necessity, if you remember, BHO said he would find UBL while he was preaching on the campaign trail, in-between his something for nothing policy, only you could make a political statement in a memoriam for a fallen soldier, you’re disgusting!

Why couldn’t you have just left your condolences’ and leave it at that!
ratttlecattle

Winter Springs, FL

#100 Sep 10, 2009
Baseball Fanatic wrote:
I'm not sure I like the headline to this story and will probably take heat for my comment, but here it is, being a combat vet myself this young man without a doubt is a hero, but why did the paper have to "categorize" him as a “Navajo Soldier”, he's an American Soldier, all of our military men and women are special, regardless of heritage.
Thats right we already CRUSHED their culture like we crush everything else.

All of our military are special....LMAO

Special Pawns and Dupes
Baseball Fanatic

El Paso, TX

#101 Sep 11, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right we already CRUSHED their culture like we crush everything else.
All of our military are special....LMAO
Special Pawns and Dupes
The word "idiot", doesnt ever begen to describe you SfB's...
jojo

Los Angeles, CA

#103 Oct 8, 2012
taxpayerlc wrote:
The navajo have always been true warriors. They were the salvation in the pacific as code talkers even though they knew that if the chance of capture was imminent they would be sacrificed, they stood their ground and did their jobs. Join your ancestors in honor brave one.
Not to mention we never ran away from our country, we have stayed here to fight and die for it!
Trent Wood

United States

#104 Apr 3, 2013
Its sad that our country can recognize Shain Gandee die from being passed out drunk in a truck, and barely hear about this. My prayers go out to this brave soldier, you're gone but not forgotten.
Trent Wood

United States

#105 Apr 3, 2013
ratttlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the biggest stupidest in the liberal piece of shit I have ever seen. You could not go out and do a soldiers job if you wanted too. You need to get out of this country if you hate it so much.
the hell with it

West Chester, PA

#106 Apr 7, 2013
thought_police wrote:
I bought a Navajo painting in San Francisco in July.It is tragic that Native Americans have to serve as cannon fodder for those who committed genocide against them.
It's obvious that not all people should have a computer of sort.
the hell with it

West Chester, PA

#107 Apr 7, 2013
ratttlecattle wrote:
He died NOT for his country at all.

He should have never left his country to die for the blundering mistakes of the Bush Regime.

This war has NOTHING to do with anyone's FREEDOM or Democracy.

It is a $40 million dollar a day...DOD contractor windfall.

Our troops getting KIA is no big deal, Profits are KING
Your another genius of war fighting. You just been selected to walk point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Air Force Sergeants volunteer at Gettysburg (May '14) May '14 Petal Power 1
News Kentucky solider Nathaniel Garvin of Radcliff a... (Jul '10) Feb '14 Timothy Garvin 3
News Another upgraded C-5 headed to Dover AFB (Sep '13) Feb '14 Can 3
News One family, two sacrifices: In war, Wise family... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tim Ward 1
News Government Shutdown Effects Felt By Delaware Mi... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SchoolandUniversity 1
News Pregnant Kailyn Lowry Considers Using a Midwife... (Oct '13) Oct '13 CathyDee 1
News Air Force airlift support to Mali hits 2 millio... (Feb '13) Feb '13 pau lSHYKORA arts 1
More from around the web