21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Af...

21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Afghanistan

There are 58 comments on the Las Vegas Sun story from Aug 22, 2009, titled 21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Afghanistan. In it, Las Vegas Sun reports that:

A 21-year-old Navajo soldier killed in Afghanistan was described by his mother as someone who made everyone smile and his father remembered him as an outgoing man with an interest in the outdoors and art.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Vegas Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mary

Florence, AL

#4 Aug 22, 2009
How sad. What a mess it all is. I feel so badly for his family. Soldiers have no choice as to where they will be sent. They are soldiers. I am grateful for all our military personnel; past and present.
sam

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Aug 24, 2009
My prayers go out to his family...

He fought and died for this country...

He died in a country that doesn't want FREEDOM...

I too am grateful to those who have sacrificed their lives for OUR freedoms...
loved one

Puyallup, WA

#12 Sep 1, 2009
My prayers are with the family, We know what you are going thru. They will all be missed and remembered.
We Love you Dennis

nmweatherman

“l'enfer, c'est les autres”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#14 Sep 1, 2009
Pancho Pete wrote:
"He was the nicest, the kindest, son. He made everybody smile. Carolyn Tom said.
Well not quite everyone, Carolyn. That's why the Afghans put a bomb in the road to blow him into tiny pieces.
It must have seemed like great fun going all that way to murder people from one of the poorest nations on earth. Nothing nice or kind about that.
Still, I bet he made a few people smile when he trod on that bomb.
Do you have to travel to Surrey to the mosques? When are they building you one there in Farnham, United Kingdomstan?
thought_police

Sydney, Australia

#15 Sep 1, 2009
I bought a Navajo painting in San Francisco in July.It is tragic that Native Americans have to serve as cannon fodder for those who committed genocide against them.

nmweatherman

Location hidden

#17 Sep 1, 2009
thought_police wrote:
I bought a Navajo painting in San Francisco in July.It is tragic that Native Americans have to serve as cannon fodder for those who committed genocide against them.
Hey sport, advise you brush up on your treatment of Abos. And please recall that Navajos served proudly during WWII (which involved, as I recall, you all down under) as "code talkers." Might be one saved your arse or your daddy's arse.
ratttlecattle

Maitland, FL

#18 Sep 1, 2009
He died NOT for his country at all.

He should have never left his country to die for the blundering mistakes of the Bush Regime.

This war has NOTHING to do with anyone's FREEDOM or Democracy.

It is a $40 million dollar a day...DOD contractor windfall.

Our troops getting KIA is no big deal, Profits are KING

nmweatherman

Location hidden

#19 Sep 1, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
He died NOT for his country at all.
He should have never left his country to die for the blundering mistakes of the Bush Regime.
This war has NOTHING to do with anyone's FREEDOM or Democracy.
It is a $40 million dollar a day...DOD contractor windfall.
Our troops getting KIA is no big deal, Profits are KING
While you're at it, why don't you dis this Navajo military man. And his family, friends and relatives. Scream at them his death means nothing. That's the new "good ol' American way," isn't it? Dissing the dead?

Bet you never served. Bet you'd make for Canada if the draft came for you. If you never served, why don't you STFU?
JhonFromChickenS treet

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Sep 1, 2009
As a Navajo(Full blooded-4/4),it disgusts me that young Dine' are willing & eager to fight a war that makes Bush/Cheney and all the war mongorling Republicans rich. While their grandchilderen party at Harvard-Yale frat house, young Jhonz are getting blown to pieces in Afghanistan. And for what? This guy didn't even get a shot at life. And don't give me that BS about him fighting for our freedom. He was fighting so that the Zionist can maintain control of the abundant herion poppey farmed for oxicontin and other pain relieving narcotics. The real war in Afghanistan is for control of their natural resources(Herion,Natural gas,oil), not because they hate our "freedom"!!! F-U brain washed "Hannatized" idiots.
maria

Augusta, GA

#21 Sep 1, 2009
nmweatherman wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're at it, why don't you dis this Navajo military man. And his family, friends and relatives. Scream at them his death means nothing. That's the new "good ol' American way," isn't it? Dissing the dead?
Bet you never served. Bet you'd make for Canada if the draft came for you. If you never served, why don't you STFU?
he dissed bush not the soldier you moron....stop twisting posts ..you damed demonseed...
What the French Toast

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Sep 1, 2009
JhonFromChickenStreet wrote:
As a Navajo(Full blooded-4/4),it disgusts me that young Dine' are willing & eager to fight a war that makes Bush/Cheney and all the war mongorling Republicans rich. While their grandchilderen party at Harvard-Yale frat house, young Jhonz are getting blown to pieces in Afghanistan. And for what? This guy didn't even get a shot at life. And don't give me that BS about him fighting for our freedom. He was fighting so that the Zionist can maintain control of the abundant herion poppey farmed for oxicontin and other pain relieving narcotics. The real war in Afghanistan is for control of their natural resources(Herion,Natural gas,oil), not because they hate our "freedom"!!! F-U brain washed "Hannatized" idiots.
Welcome back Sunshine.

nmweatherman

Location hidden

#23 Sep 1, 2009
JhonFromChickenStreet wrote:
That young Dine' made his choices, would you deny him that? Last time I looked it was an all-volunteer military. I will say he had a lot more self-esteem than you appear to have.
haha

Japan

#24 Sep 1, 2009
hahaha are you freakin serious! your tellin me that all the veterans of every war that the dine have a=ever been in are not leaving comments to support this young mans family! i my self am currt=ently in the military and this is an outrage that peolpe would allow people that dont even live in the united states to talk badly about the men and women serving to protect them. i didnt know the soilder but im proud that he volunteered to stand up for what he belived in to me dieing in combat is nothing to be ashamed of and i would gladly giv my life to die for my country no matter how screwd up it is under the new regime and ill take anyone that says that what im doin is wrong cause no matter how much you talk bad about us in the military we go to work every morning and train 24/7/365 so when you do need us we will be there and yes you will need us!
haha

Japan

#25 Sep 1, 2009
oh and what happened to the dine being a proud people. the ones that won WWII. the ones that stand out in a crowd. im dine and proud to be dine but we as a people have gotten soft. instead of taking care of ourselves we have the idea that the world owes us everthing. that is not so everything that we have now is because our forefathers fought for it. in the battle fields and court rooms. key word fought! the dine in my oppinoion are the best for any battle field
Marat

UK

#26 Sep 1, 2009
nmweatherman wrote:
<quoted text>
That young Dine' made his choices, would you deny him that? Last time I looked it was an all-volunteer military. I will say he had a lot more self-esteem than you appear to have.
His choice was to help murder Afghans for no logical reason other than the pay was better than the carwash.
Now he's gone to the mighty reservation in the sky (if they take such ignorant grunts), you should concede that his choice was idiotic. He could have done something worthwhile with his life. Maybe got a job in a burger bar and made everyone smile.

“Live Free or Die Trying”

Since: Feb 09

Las Cruces

#27 Sep 1, 2009
You people who try to make a political statement out of this young warrior's death disgust me. He volunteered to serve his country, and did so honorably.He died protecting your right to say your ignorant things, and for that I thank him. He was a far better patriot than most of us will ever be, and he and his family deserve our respect for that.
Bill

Cedar Park, TX

#28 Sep 1, 2009
lcirishman wrote:
You people who try to make a political statement out of this young warrior's death disgust me. He volunteered to serve his country, and did so honorably.He died protecting your right to say your ignorant things, and for that I thank him. He was a far better patriot than most of us will ever be, and he and his family deserve our respect for that.
The young man was lied to by his government. He was exploited and discarded by our own leadership. What he "volunteered" for is quite different than what he ended up doing -- the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have absolutely nothing to do with the defense of our nation. Our military is not "serving our country."

We should honor this young man and his fellow soldiers by ending the genocide and prosecuting the architects of these illegal wars of aggression.

“Live Free or Die Trying”

Since: Feb 09

Las Cruces

#29 Sep 1, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The young man was lied to by his government. He was exploited and discarded by our own leadership. What he "volunteered" for is quite different than what he ended up doing -- the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have absolutely nothing to do with the defense of our nation. Our military is not "serving our country."
We should honor this young man and his fellow soldiers by ending the genocide and prosecuting the architects of these illegal wars of aggression.
Like I said, he died defending your right to say stupid things and for that he deserves our respect. Take your concerns about the wars to Washington, and leave this soldier and his family out of it.
What the French Toast

Albuquerque, NM

#30 Sep 1, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say "genocide"?
Bill

Cedar Park, TX

#31 Sep 1, 2009
What the French Toast wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say "genocide"?
I did say genocide. According to Iraqi mortality studies published in the British medical journal Lancet, the "excess deaths" resulting from the unprovoked U.S.-led invasion were estimated at 655,000 as of June 2006 (if I recall correctly) and would now be over a million. Also, the use of depleted uranium munitions and cluster bombs by U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan will result in continued death and destruction for generations. In the case of DU contamination, the damage is indiscriminate (also affecting American troops) and genetic.

Maybe the word "genocide" isn't strong enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Air Force Sergeants volunteer at Gettysburg (May '14) May '14 Petal Power 1
News Kentucky solider Nathaniel Garvin of Radcliff a... (Jul '10) Feb '14 Timothy Garvin 3
News Another upgraded C-5 headed to Dover AFB (Sep '13) Feb '14 Can 3
News One family, two sacrifices: In war, Wise family... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tim Ward 1
News Government Shutdown Effects Felt By Delaware Mi... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SchoolandUniversity 1
News Pregnant Kailyn Lowry Considers Using a Midwife... (Oct '13) Oct '13 CathyDee 1
News Air Force airlift support to Mali hits 2 millio... (Feb '13) Feb '13 pau lSHYKORA arts 1
More from around the web