Ky. soldier killed in Afghanistan

There are 347 comments on the Community Press & Recorder story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Ky. soldier killed in Afghanistan. In it, Community Press & Recorder reports that:

On the day he would have turned 21, Radcliff resident Nathaniel Garvin's body was retrieved by his family at Dover Air Force Base after Garvin became the latest Kentucky soldier to die in Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Community Press & Recorder.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
frigures

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2010
RIP my friend. You will always be in our hearts. Your children will know what a hero you were, and I will do my best to insure your wife my friend, doesn't break from all of this. My prayers are with your entire family and friends.
Dave Ringenary

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jul 16, 2010
My family recently lost my 21 year old Daughter to a car accident back on June 9th. She was a young Mom and loving sister. We can relate to the loss of someone so young with so much to offer. The feeling is unexplainable and relentless. This young man gave his life for something some people don't support. Please be kind and respectful on this message board because family members and friends do read these things. I am deeply sorry for your loss and hope you have plenty of family and friends to support you. God will see you through and may God Bless his soul...
Momof3

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jul 16, 2010
I pray for the family of the fallen soldier. May not know you but I know your sacrifice.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2010
may you never know the pain this family is going through. You will be curse with much worse pain because of your actions here. If you have nothing nice to say have respect for those who lost someone they loved.
So sad

Greenville, NC

#7 Jul 17, 2010
My sympathies for all the families that have lost loved ones.
iraq veteran

Decorah, IA

#8 Jul 17, 2010
rattle ur such an a@@ hole this is the death of a soldier and ur saying pray for the people our troops are killing it sounds like someone need to pray for u....
OIF vet

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jul 18, 2010
This and all of these deaths are tragic! I new Nat personally, he was no hero just a shy plain person. Experiencing great personnel issues over in that hell box, which resulted in this. He will me missed by his family and friends. The rest of this country have no idea what the families endure and will for the rest of their lives. Stop knocking rattle rattle, hes only trying to awaken you to critical thought. Nothing good ever comes from war, NOTHING!
rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#10 Jul 18, 2010
OIF vet wrote:
This and all of these deaths are tragic! I new Nat personally, he was no hero just a shy plain person. Experiencing great personnel issues over in that hell box, which resulted in this. He will me missed by his family and friends. The rest of this country have no idea what the families endure and will for the rest of their lives. Stop knocking rattle rattle, hes only trying to awaken you to critical thought. Nothing good ever comes from war, NOTHING!
Thank YOU.....hopefully americans will QUIT BEING SHEEPTHINKERS and realize why thia war was started and who is benefitiing.

Too bad this soldier wasted his life, not for his country, but for the blundering of his government.

Who would Jesus Bomb?
rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#11 Jul 18, 2010
So sad wrote:
My sympathies for all the families that have lost loved ones.
These loved one are not LOST or Fallen....they are DEAD

Death is what WAR is all about....Death, Destruction, Debt, and Dishonor.

Peace is a wonderful thing to bad there is no money in it.
Proud Vietnam VET

Louisville, KY

#12 Jul 18, 2010
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain that "Peace is a wonderful thing", to the enemy. Remember 9/11, they invaded us. We are at war because of Muslim Terrorists. This war is not about money etc. America never in history has started wars for money. Do you know anything about history Japan, Germany, etc. You should be supporting the troops. They are "Fallen Heroes" they died there protecting your right of free speech, etc. Just as many other "Fallen Heroes",have done in the past.
Your a complete idiot that thinks life should be like a fairy tale land. America is the greatest country on earth due to our "Fallen Heroes".My deepest regards to the family of this "Fallen Hero".
former vet

Sonora, KY

#13 Jul 18, 2010
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
hippy, you sound like some disconnected fat punk or was it you were to stupid,(even with the Army taking Cat IV's now to make quotas) or maybe you couldnt pass the drug screening while trying to join the armed forces recently..or was it your felony past..probably gay too..not sure of the reason they wouldnt let you in..however, that no reason for you to dishonor the military members killed, or trash their loved ones feelings in this time of great sorrow..yes you may be correct that sometimes the Armed Forces are sent for the wrong reason however they still at least got the backbone..patriotism..and honor to serve..what do you got smart ass other than memories of not being allowed to join for whatever the reason above, other than your handy dandy bong pipe..also you are also correct..they may be just dead, but at least they were willing to die for something they believed in unlike you jerk off who stands for nothing, and probably falls for anything..I would correctly predict and bet the farm the only sheep thinking you know or do is right before you poke it you disrepectful telethon poster child..enough said
rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#14 Jul 18, 2010
Proud Vietnam VET wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain that "Peace is a wonderful thing", to the enemy. Remember 9/11, they invaded us. We are at war because of Muslim Terrorists. This war is not about money etc. America never in history has started wars for money. Do you know anything about history Japan, Germany, etc. You should be supporting the troops. They are "Fallen Heroes" they died there protecting your right of free speech, etc. Just as many other "Fallen Heroes",have done in the past.
Your a complete idiot that thinks life should be like a fairy tale land. America is the greatest country on earth due to our "Fallen Heroes".My deepest regards to the family of this "Fallen Hero".
Lets try reality for a change, shall we.

He is not Fallen he is DEAD

He was part of an invasion force, not a boy scout on a picnic.

A hero? Perhaps, but now he is a dead hero.

Salute and honor him all you want, it means NOTHING

58K US invaders died in Vietnam for nothing and so have 6625 in the wars

That is what happens when we try to sent up puppet governments in other peoples lands.

I suggest you visit the Vietnam War Memorial and ask yourself why it only mentions our dead and forgets to mention the 2 million or so we killed in that war alone.

A defective memorial, in Washington DC the capitol of a defective nation in the WAR BUSINESS.

So you just keep sending kids to waste their lives....on a war we have ZERO chance of winning.

rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#15 Jul 18, 2010
Proud Vietnam VET wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fallen hero? Be realistic, what is heroic about INVASIONS?

What is heroic about our troops stumbling around that nation wasting their lives?

Time will defeat our forces of revenge...count on it.
rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#16 Jul 18, 2010
former vet wrote:
<quoted text>
hippy, you sound like some disconnected fat punk or was it you were to stupid,(even with the Army taking Cat IV's now to make quotas) or maybe you couldnt pass the drug screening while trying to join the armed forces recently..or was it your felony past..probably gay too..not sure of the reason they wouldnt let you in..however, that no reason for you to dishonor the military members killed, or trash their loved ones feelings in this time of great sorrow..yes you may be correct that sometimes the Armed Forces are sent for the wrong reason however they still at least got the backbone..patriotism..and honor to serve..what do you got smart ass other than memories of not being allowed to join for whatever the reason above, other than your handy dandy bong pipe..also you are also correct..they may be just dead, but at least they were willing to die for something they believed in unlike you jerk off who stands for nothing, and probably falls for anything..I would correctly predict and bet the farm the only sheep thinking you know or do is right before you poke it you disrepectful telethon poster child..enough said
Shut Up , you little flag waving.... mindless weasel.

No go and die for your country...like an IDIOT.

Go ahead....we will give you a flag and coffin, maybe name a street after you.

I hope you enjoy DEATH, wasting your life for a war we will lose.

You go invade.....quit sending KIDS to die for NOTHING in a sick war of revenge

former vet

Sonora, KY

#17 Jul 18, 2010
OIF vet wrote:
you sound like a disgruntled dis-honorably discharged or not allowed to reenlist wuss puss too.. yes rattle the sheep thinking poker is entitled to his opinion (that is what makes America great) however, with the family of this Soldier probably reading some of this, not only is he way out of line at the presnt time but so are you pussy.."I knew Nat"..well if you did and were even a smidgen of the man's family or even the man himself..a Soldier..friend..buddy..troope r..veteran..whatever Army vets call each other..you would not take sides with a crack head like rattle rattle before the blood of this fallen Soldier even turned cold..you are a pussy dude or dudette whichever you may be..it a shame it not your death being reported in Ky vice this brave patriotic young man..to the family of Nate Gavin I am deeply sorry for your loss, however..whatever happened..for all the concerned folks on here I apologize for my language and opinions that may have offended you..for the cowards and crack heads..I hope you rot in hell..for being mean at a time like this..God will get your ass..go ahead laugh but you wont for long someday..my last post because this not the place for even me..but ANYONE disrespectful for whatever the reason although yes they have that right..but to be disrespectful at a time like this with smart ass comments..or hateful things..I can only assume or blame it on their drug habit usage..enough said..
former vet

Sonora, KY

#18 Jul 18, 2010
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>

this is/will be for sure my last post..I was wrong rattle rattle you are not some anti-war disgruntled hippie..you some junior high school student got nothing better to do than play on his laptop..yes war is bad little boy..and yes good people get killed, including the bad guys..however the objective to/of war is to win..far as I am concerned we aint killed enough of the bad guys or the wouldnt still keep coming here trying to blow things up..google that when you get the chance..you just a little lost school boy..man I thought I was at least talking to someone with a clue, maybe even a disgruntled vet..you nothing more than a pre puberty wuss puss

Since: Jul 10

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2010
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me your starting a war on this pagw. God has a weird way of ahoqing you the hurt you've put on someone elsw. I'll pray for you, but it's gonna really suck for you when God says it's your turn. As for this page quit disrespecting Nate and what he died for. I knew Nate personally myself. I know how he died, and I know that he would kick anyone's ass for talking about him this way. Which thosw who claim to know him should know as well. This is a tragic loss. You're not in the shoes of family and friends, but you will be. And when you are, someone will cause more pain in you then you need. Not because they want to, but because they can. They will make your loss seem like nothing, and make you angry when you already have enough to deal with. When you know that pain, you will be sorry for every single comment you made on here. Just know I personally forgive you, and when that time comes, I will being praying for you to get stronger and things to work, despite how much worse you personally have made things on myself and many others.
rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Jul 18, 2010
former vet wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like a disgruntled dis-honorably discharged or not allowed to reenlist wuss puss too.. yes rattle the sheep thinking poker is entitled to his opinion (that is what makes America great) however, with the family of this Soldier probably reading some of this, not only is he way out of line at the presnt time but so are you pussy.."I knew Nat"..well if you did and were even a smidgen of the man's family or even the man himself..a Soldier..friend..buddy..troope r..veteran..whatever Army vets call each other..you would not take sides with a crack head like rattle rattle before the blood of this fallen Soldier even turned cold..you are a pussy dude or dudette whichever you may be..it a shame it not your death being reported in Ky vice this brave patriotic young man..to the family of Nate Gavin I am deeply sorry for your loss, however..whatever happened..for all the concerned folks on here I apologize for my language and opinions that may have offended you..for the cowards and crack heads..I hope you rot in hell..for being mean at a time like this..God will get your ass..go ahead laugh but you wont for long someday..my last post because this not the place for even me..but ANYONE disrespectful for whatever the reason although yes they have that right..but to be disrespectful at a time like this with smart ass comments..or hateful things..I can only assume or blame it on their drug habit usage..enough said..
You go over to hell in the mideast...YOU go die for NOTHING, quit sending KIDS to do your dirty work.

God... what GOD?...this nation has no GOD, other than MONEY and Illusions.

Americans are hateful ugly people, currently bombing 3 nations for REVENGE
r u for real

Sonora, KY

#21 Jul 18, 2010
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try reality for a change, shall we.
He is not Fallen he is DEAD
He was part of an invasion force, not a boy scout on a picnic.
A hero? Perhaps, but now he is a dead hero.
Salute and honor him all you want, it means NOTHING
58K US invaders died in Vietnam for nothing and so have 6625 in the wars
That is what happens when we try to sent up puppet governments in other peoples lands.
I suggest you visit the Vietnam War Memorial and ask yourself why it only mentions our dead and forgets to mention the 2 million or so we killed in that war alone.
A defective memorial, in Washington DC the capitol of a defective nation in the WAR BUSINESS.
So you just keep sending kids to waste their lives....on a war we have ZERO chance of winning.
you so quick with facts and figures you are a computer nerd aint ya sheep poker
rattlecattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#22 Jul 18, 2010
oh momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me your starting a war on this pagw. God has a weird way of ahoqing you the hurt you've put on someone elsw. I'll pray for you, but it's gonna really suck for you when God says it's your turn. As for this page quit disrespecting Nate and what he died for. I knew Nate personally myself. I know how he died, and I know that he would kick anyone's ass for talking about him this way. Which thosw who claim to know him should know as well. This is a tragic loss. You're not in the shoes of family and friends, but you will be. And when you are, someone will cause more pain in you then you need. Not because they want to, but because they can. They will make your loss seem like nothing, and make you angry when you already have enough to deal with. When you know that pain, you will be sorry for every single comment you made on here. Just know I personally forgive you, and when that time comes, I will being praying for you to get stronger and things to work, despite how much worse you personally have made things on myself and many others.
The USA has no GOD...other than MONEY and GREED

Pain....WAR is about pain and death.....we wanted war, we wanted REVENGE...now we will suffer.

6624 dead so far.....how many more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dover Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Air Force Sergeants volunteer at Gettysburg (May '14) May '14 Petal Power 1
News Kentucky solider Nathaniel Garvin of Radcliff a... (Jul '10) Feb '14 Timothy Garvin 3
News Another upgraded C-5 headed to Dover AFB (Sep '13) Feb '14 Can 3
News One family, two sacrifices: In war, Wise family... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tim Ward 1
News Government Shutdown Effects Felt By Delaware Mi... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SchoolandUniversity 1
News Pregnant Kailyn Lowry Considers Using a Midwife... (Oct '13) Oct '13 CathyDee 1
News 21-year-old Navajo soldier dies in Afghanistan (Aug '09) Apr '13 the hell with it 58
More from around the web