County will help bring guard home for...

County will help bring guard home for the holidays

There are 31 comments on the Shelbyville Times-Gazette story from Nov 11, 2009, titled County will help bring guard home for the holidays. In it, Shelbyville Times-Gazette reports that:

Bedford County Board of Commissioners voted Tuesday night to contribute $3,100 for bus rental so that local National Guard troops can spend Christmas with their families this year before shipping out to Iraq in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Shelbyville Times-Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

College Grove, TN

#1 Nov 19, 2009
I pray everyday that our troops can come home to see their familes for Christmas,,,,God Bless You Guys!
What

Dunlap, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2009
... I thought Obammie was going to bring them home for good....

Hmmmm
blessing our troops

College Grove, TN

#3 Dec 5, 2009
You know its really sad that our own hometown hardly even noticed that out NG is deploying,,that is so sad...I pray for thier safe return,and to the people who have not took the time to think about them,,when you go to set down at Christmas,and eat,,,could you be please kind enough to say a prayer for our troops after all they are the ones keeping us safe....So disappointed.
rattlecattle

Christmas, FL

#4 Dec 5, 2009
The war is NOT over.....they need to go back and finish it!

The enemy does not get VACATIONS.

Americans are weak....they deserve no vacations...WAR is not about vacations for spoiled weaklings from rich spoiled america
Otter

Nashville, TN

#5 Dec 6, 2009
What exactly do you mean by "finish it"? Even if we take control of Afghanistan, al-Queda will just go somewhere else. So we'll spend even more money and waste more kids' lives in hopes of doing something that doesn't eliminate the problem.

Sounds like you're the weak one, rattlecattle. At least weak-minded.
True Peace

Columbia, TN

#6 Dec 6, 2009
How long do we Seek Revenge and at what costs?

How many wars must we fight how many must die for so called peace for others when we can’t find peace or forgiveness ourselves with out it would seem wars?
How can Obama except the Nobel Peace Prize, when he expands the very wars he promised to end?

Peace comes through peaceful ways it can not be bought, fought, or won. Peace is all about true forgiveness and comes from the heart.
How do we expect others to forgive us if we don't forgive them?
Jesus had 10,000 Angels at his beacon call, but found the words of true peace when he said “forgave them father for they know not what they do”!
For those very words hold so true today as they did then, we will never learn to find peace for others till we show and find peace with in ourselves.
blessing our troops

College Grove, TN

#7 Dec 6, 2009
excuse me rattle,,but i have a daughter there defending our country,not to mention protecting your skank ...why don't you go over there and take just one of the troops place while they come home to be with their family,,beings you have nothing better to do than run our troops down,maybe you will see how it really is there.God Bless Our Troops come home soon and safe!!!!!!!!!!
End the War

Columbia, TN

#8 Dec 6, 2009
When most all support for the war goes away they will bring the troops home, for just like Viet Nam it looks like as long as the support is there the war will be. Yes bring the troops home and safe while we can still afford too.
rattlecattle

Christmas, FL

#9 Dec 7, 2009
blessing our troops wrote:
excuse me rattle,,but i have a daughter there defending our country,not to mention protecting your skank ...why don't you go over there and take just one of the troops place while they come home to be with their family,,beings you have nothing better to do than run our troops down,maybe you will see how it really is there.God Bless Our Troops come home soon and safe!!!!!!!!!!
Your daughter is defending NOTHING.....sorry to burst your bubble.

I suppose the Nazis and Japs were defending their countries as they attacked and occupied othet nations.

The USA is a nation of bombers and terrorists....what do you think our B52s drop...valentines and candy? Just start counting the nations we have attacked...do it.

God did not BLESS the USA on 9/11/01.....you Fool, he was in the Pentagon counting all the money

Best wishes for your daughters safe return, but her mission is doomed to failure.

Time will crush all of our foolish moves in the region.....we are defeated
rattlecattle

Christmas, FL

#10 Dec 7, 2009
End the War wrote:
When most all support for the war goes away they will bring the troops home, for just like Viet Nam it looks like as long as the support is there the war will be. Yes bring the troops home and safe while we can still afford too.
This war is a $40 million a day CASH COW for DOD contractors....they want eternal war.
Truth

Columbia, TN

#11 Dec 7, 2009
The war provides jobs and just think what the unemployment rate would be if not for the wars.

There is your jobs Obama promised!

He just hired 30 or 40 thousand more, and it will be more and more till they turn the ecomony around.

blessing our troops

College Grove, TN

#12 Dec 7, 2009
excuse me rattle cattle of the herds,,my daughter is doing what you Cant do!!!!!!!!! and if anyone is a fool its you,,and for ONE i dont take orders from nobody..got it,,get it,,i thought so!!!!!!!!!!god bless our troops!!!!!!!
rattlecattle

Maitland, FL

#13 Dec 7, 2009
blessing our troops wrote:
excuse me rattle cattle of the herds,,my daughter is doing what you Cant do!!!!!!!!! and if anyone is a fool its you,,and for ONE i dont take orders from nobody..got it,,get it,,i thought so!!!!!!!!!!god bless our troops!!!!!!!
I spit on your GOD and laugh in your face.

Where was GOD on 9/11/01? Where....where....I cant hear you.

I spit in the ugly face of your GOD AGAIN.....and AGAIN...now what?

There are no GODS you stupid fool...the closest thing to GOD in the USA is MONEY as we all worship it. Grow UP!
rattlecattle

Maitland, FL

#14 Dec 7, 2009
Truth wrote:
The war provides jobs and just think what the unemployment rate would be if not for the wars.
There is your jobs Obama promised!
He just hired 30 or 40 thousand more, and it will be more and more till they turn the ecomony around.
We are BORROWING the MONEY....from our uncertain future.

How can our economy turn around?

Maybe we can borrow more from the Chnese Commies..LMAO..LOL
Otter

United States

#15 Dec 7, 2009
I agree with rattle in that we should strongly consider leaving Afghanistan. But I detest the way he tries to make his point.
rattlecattle

Maitland, FL

#16 Dec 7, 2009
Otter wrote:
I agree with rattle in that we should strongly consider leaving Afghanistan. But I detest the way he tries to make his point.
Our Troops are arrogant scum....they deserve to have their rations cut by 99% and no pay what so ever.

Their familiies should be starved in the states until they quit killing people overseas

Maybe they can eat Iraqi and Afghan children...US Troops are disgusting filth, hated by the entire world.

They need to GO HOME and defend their own damn country.

USA GO HOME and STAY HOME...your nation is broke both morally and economically.

There is NOTHIN the least bit heroic about our troops or mission

Americans lack the GUTS to admit they have already been defeated
Otter

United States

#17 Dec 7, 2009
There's a big difference between hating the troops and hating their mission.
Happy Employee

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 Dec 7, 2009
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Troops are arrogant scum....they deserve to have their rations cut by 99% and no pay what so ever.
Their familiies should be starved in the states until they quit killing people overseas
Maybe they can eat Iraqi and Afghan children...US Troops are disgusting filth, hated by the entire world.
You are right about one thing, The us can never stop the people from the Middle East(Iraqi,Afghan,Iran and so on)from killing one other. It is in them to just kill anyone who does not believe as they do. But if you are so un happy with the Great country of The United States take your ungreatful butt back to what every hole under a rock that you came from and stop living off of our tax money.Our troops are doing a job that you are to much of a coward to do.
Happy Employee

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Dec 7, 2009
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I do say lets bring all of our troops home and put them on our borders and sent every non U.S. born person back to were every they came from and put up signs (All who cross our borders without permission will be shot on site, no questions or warnings given)
Happy Employee

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Dec 7, 2009
rattlecattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Also you do not have the guts to tell not one of our troop to their face what you have said about them in this post!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Shelby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Army: Correction made to hate group classification (Oct '13) Oct '13 Sam 1
News Lexington police officer returns from deploymen... (Jan '10) Mar '13 RCI 3
News NY Army Guard troops returning to upstate air base (Feb '13) Feb '13 Will 1
News Making History: Hundreds answer the call of duty (Feb '13) Feb '13 Will 1
News Camp Shelby shows off new, $13M-plus training f... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Will 1
News Camp Shelby offers real-life training for milit... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Will 1
News Gulfport man gets prison in probe of ammo stole... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Kay 1
More from around the web