Another Ruidosan awarded the Purple H...

Another Ruidosan awarded the Purple Heart

There are 6 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Another Ruidosan awarded the Purple Heart. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Another member of the military from Ruidoso has been awarded the Purple Heart after being wounded in Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Your neighbor

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Oct 8, 2010
God Bless this man and all our military. You inspire us all and we are proud that you are a member of our community.
Jim Earl

Hobbs, NM

#2 Oct 8, 2010
I would like to know, how many "Locals" have been awarded the PH ???......both Active and Vets....
Ed in NM

Norman, OK

#3 Oct 8, 2010
I salute his sacrifice and thank him from the bottom of my heart.

While many claim the "Kiss of Death" over GRT issues and their money, this individual had the most to sacrifice. Sometimes a little perspective is needed to the real values in life.
Calif Peepers

Rosamond, CA

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Ed in NM wrote:
I salute his sacrifice and thank him from the bottom of my heart.
While many claim the "Kiss of Death" over GRT issues and their money, this individual had the most to sacrifice. Sometimes a little perspective is needed to the real values in life.
Well put!! AAAAAMEN!!!!
chachadeva

Hobbs, NM

#5 Oct 8, 2010
No disrespect to the wounded soldier, but it is unfortunate that we and our soldiers have been lied to and that fathers, brothers and friends are subjected to and createing this violence when it is not really clear what all the fighting is about. As I continue my studies of history, it is clear that in the past war was about taking control of someone elses land and resources.

For those that promote America as a Christian nation, didn't Jesus teach us to turn the other cheek? He would tell us today that violence like 9/11 should not provoke us to be violent. This world is temporary, forgive your brother, treat him as you wish to be treated (not as he has treated you), blessed is the peacemaker, etc. He believed in peace so much that when violence came to his door, he did not resist. He went through his crucifixion without reacting with violence. He was showing us the way to live right.

There is no way to peace, peace is the way!(I forgot the author. not Gahndi)
Your neighbor

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Oct 8, 2010
chachadeva wrote:
No disrespect to the wounded soldier, but it is unfortunate that we and our soldiers have been lied to and that fathers, brothers and friends are subjected to and createing this violence when it is not really clear what all the fighting is about. As I continue my studies of history, it is clear that in the past war was about taking control of someone elses land and resources.
For those that promote America as a Christian nation, didn't Jesus teach us to turn the other cheek? He would tell us today that violence like 9/11 should not provoke us to be violent. This world is temporary, forgive your brother, treat him as you wish to be treated (not as he has treated you), blessed is the peacemaker, etc. He believed in peace so much that when violence came to his door, he did not resist. He went through his crucifixion without reacting with violence. He was showing us the way to live right.
There is no way to peace, peace is the way!(I forgot the author. not Gahndi)
I am also a Christian. But this blog is about this man serving his country as a warrior, not as a decision maker as to which wars that we fight and how we will fight them. Blame the decisions on our politicians but on this warrior. He is not the decision maker. Men like this, that will lay down thier life for the cause of freedom and others that are being oppressed, however that is decided in Washington DC and at OUR ballot boxes, are being asked to do what most of us in society will never be asked to do. For that I am intensely grateful, irrespective of the ritiousness of the cause. God bless these warriors, men and women alike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brooke Army Medical Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hymera native will lead NIH Clinical Center (Jan '17) Jan '17 From Hymera 1
News Army To Launch Bergdahl Inquiry (Jul '14) Jul '14 frilled2b 2
News Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl headed back to U.S. (Jun '14) Jun '14 phillip green 1
News Veterans bike through Vietnam to help heal woun... (Jun '14) Jun '14 dead man greedy 4
News Veterans bike through Vietnam to help heal woun... (Apr '14) Apr '14 SpongeBob 10
News Army aims to curb prescription drug abuse problem (Jul '11) Oct '13 nadanothing 21
News Non-combat incident claims Fontana's Staff Sgt.... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Rankin Branch 1