NJ governor to sign ban on gay conversion therapy

Aug 19, 2013 Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville 91

Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Gabriel

San Jose, CA

#1 Aug 19, 2013
Why would he sign a bill to prevent teens from getting help? The earlier you nip it in the bud, the more likely the person can grow up to be a normal person.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 19, 2013
Gabriel wrote:
Why would he sign a bill to prevent teens from getting help? The earlier you nip it in the bud, the more likely the person can grow up to be a normal person.
"Conversion" therapy doesn't work because you can't change a person's sexual orientation. You bigots are so stupid.
Gabriels ex-husband

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Aug 19, 2013
Gabriel wrote:
Why would he sign a bill to prevent teens from getting help? The earlier you nip it in the bud, the more likely the person can grow up to be a normal person.
You will never grow up to be a normal person
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#4 Aug 19, 2013
seems the big CC is vetoing and signing a lot of bigger peices of legislation here lately. Medical Cannabis, vetoing the .50 cal rifles bills, this one and there have been 1-2 others as well. Plesantly surprised that i agree with most of his actions here as of late.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Gabriel wrote:
Why would he sign a bill to prevent teens from getting help? The earlier you nip it in the bud, the more likely the person can grow up to be a normal person.
Gay IS normal. Where have you been?
The AssTroll Stopper

Alexandria, VA

#6 Aug 19, 2013
Gabriels ex-husband wrote:
<quoted text>You will never grow up to be a normal person
Rainbow Fagg@t, there you go using yet another name. You have more names that the so called R1
The AssTroll Stopper

Alexandria, VA

#7 Aug 19, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>Gay IS normal. Where have you been?
Queerness is not normal and never will be.
Billy Ringo

Bronx, NY

#8 Aug 19, 2013
And Marcus Bachmann was looking forward to seting up shop in NJ.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#9 Aug 19, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Queerness is not normal and never will be.
We can do this all day. Yes it is.
Billy Ringo

Bronx, NY

#10 Aug 19, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Queerness is not normal and never will be.
Neither are you ........ WTF is your point?
The AssTroll Stopper

Alexandria, VA

#11 Aug 19, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>We can do this all day. Yes it is.
You freaks are so delusional, you believe your 6% of the population is normal and the other 94% is abnormal. Get real Queer, I know you all have a mental illness but surely you're not that stupid. No matter how bad you freaks want to believe you're normal, you're not and never will be.
The AssTroll Stopper

Alexandria, VA

#12 Aug 19, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>Neither are you ........ WTF is your point?
Be careful fagg@t, your mental illness is showing.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#13 Aug 19, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You freaks are so delusional, you believe your 6% of the population is normal and the other 94% is abnormal. Get real Queer, I know you all have a mental illness but surely you're not that stupid. No matter how bad you freaks want to believe you're normal, you're not and never will be.
yes, we should all take our sociology lessons from a guy on the internet named ass troll...

Seems you have a lot of pent up rage in you that has some kind of connection to homosexuality. I wonder why that is???
One Nation Under Israel

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Aug 19, 2013
Why would you outlaw something that gay people were willing to try?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#15 Aug 19, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
You freaks are so delusional, you believe your 6% of the population is normal and the other 94% is abnormal. Get real Queer, I know you all have a mental illness but surely you're not that stupid. No matter how bad you freaks want to believe you're normal, you're not and never will be.
No one thinks the other 94% are abnormal, child. But intelligent grown ups recognize that there's a broad spectrum of "normal" and that not all normal people are the same. They're still normal, even for being different and unique.

We will all start taking your claims of "mental illness" seriously, when you present us with links proving what medical degree you hold and where and when you got it, and where you practice. It's hilarious to hear you make medical pronouncements, on a thread in which the medical community disavows the practice you support. You should get a dental degree of equal validity, so you can tell people that biting tin foil is the same as wearing braces.
Justin

United States

#16 Aug 19, 2013
I don't see the issue gay conversion therapy, so long as the patient consents to it. If we have gender reassignment therapy, then why not sexual orientation reassignment therapy?

Even if the therapy has been proven not to be effective, that's still no reason to ban it. The list is endless of various "therapy" are not medical proven to work but are still commonplace.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#17 Aug 19, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You freaks are so delusional, you believe your 6% of the population is normal and the other 94% is abnormal. Get real Queer, I know you all have a mental illness but surely you're not that stupid. No matter how bad you freaks want to believe you're normal, you're not and never will be.
No, once again, you got the facts wrong. More than 6% are gay, and gay people don't think that straights are abnormal. Straights are the majority, Gays are a minority, handicapped people are a minority, albinos are a minority, Everyone is normal for what they are.
You DON'T have to become gay. That's not what gay people want. You can muff dive all you want. We just want you to go about your business and leave us to go about ours.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#18 Aug 19, 2013
Justin wrote:
I don't see the issue gay conversion therapy, so long as the patient consents to it. If we have gender reassignment therapy, then why not sexual orientation reassignment therapy?
Even if the therapy has been proven not to be effective, that's still no reason to ban it. The list is endless of various "therapy" are not medical proven to work but are still commonplace.
You should look up some of these therapy places and see why mulitple states so far has banned them. Sure you can show up on your own will, but dont think you get to leave till they say you are ready.

Also, the procedures they do are not done by medicaly trained techs and there is no "on call" hospitals. Combine that with no scientific evidence of it working at all; and the medical industry disavowing it as a whole and it will not be hard to see why they have banned it or why michele bauchman and her husband are crazy.(they run one of these rings)
One Nation Under Israel

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Aug 19, 2013
Gay marriage is just another excuse and used as a distraction so someone can remain ahead of the curb and rule our nation to destroy the Middle East and Russia. It says so in their book.
One Nation Under Israel

Pittsfield, MA

#21 Aug 19, 2013
One Nation Under Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not normal for a man to insert his penis into another mans rectum. Case closed, butt closed.
Just another distraction by our 'jew run run' govt to delay the inevitable. The day of reckoning here and abroad.
You're a communist.
Post #19 in case it was blocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Army Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jane Fonda's Vietnam-era arrest bolsters GOP cr... 2 hr Captain Yesterday 14
Army details the downward spiral of the Fort Ho... 4 hr Sully 1
On This Day: George S. Patton Slaps Hospitalize... 19 hr johncent 1
American instructors to train Ukrainian troops ... Fri Zeppelin 1
US Army Pacific Commanding General on Viet Nam ... Jan 22 NHUCPGAOTHUIDRUTA... 17
Why Are There Dozens of U.S. Military Bases in ... (Mar '09) Jan 22 VWG 62
Georgia's hidden national treasure: The Nationa... Jan 22 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web