San Antonio man killed in Afghanistan

San Antonio man killed in Afghanistan

There are 22 comments on the www.kxxv.com story from May 23, 2009, titled San Antonio man killed in Afghanistan. In it, www.kxxv.com reports that:

A San Antonio man working as a security contractor in Afghanistan was killed when his SUV hit a roadside bomb near Kabul.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kxxv.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guy Pine

San Antonio, TX

#23 Mar 14, 2013
It's a bit irritating reading the ramblings of ignorant fools on the internet who think their opinion is even in the same ball-park as educated. It's doubly irritating when it's about my father.
Reality Check

AOL

#24 Mar 15, 2013
Black Panther wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you. He was a sub-contractor in it for the money. You make $1000.00 a day tax free. Our brave American Soldiers make barely minimum wage. I feel for the Brave Soldiers defending our country, but I do not feel sorry for the private contractors better known as Payroll Patriots who are in it for the money. So SHADOW from Livingston "Get your head out of your A$$ and pay attention to what you read!"
I have been to Afghanistan and I didn't meet anyone making a $1000 a day and if they did it would not have been tax free. If you stay a year then you can get around $86K tax free and pay taxes on the rest.

Most of the people working in these jobs are there to support the military and it's cheaper to hire people that have certain skills than to train someone.

Sure people go Afghanistan for the money but very few would go there for a vacation. It's not a good place to be and it is high risk. Many of the people working in Afghanistan are there because they can't find work back home and they need money to feed their families back home and they would rather work than take a hand out.

By the way if you knew how little some of the peope working there are making it would make you sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Army Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Everybody Has a Story: Friendships, appreciatio... May 18 vet 2
Army Colonel and wife plead guilty to bribery s... May 17 Beamerman 1
News Crime and jobs key issues for candidates in Col... May 16 General Zod 1
News 13 Investigates searches for doctor who sent pr... May 14 lolokthen 1
Army or Girlfriend? May 5 Nooneyouknow 1
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) Apr 23 Pigoff123 1,566
News Evelyn Howard Apr '18 DeDominicis 1