Soldier Loses Wife & Son In Deadly Crash

Soldier Loses Wife & Son In Deadly Crash

There are 66 comments on the WIBW-TV Topeka story from Aug 13, 2012, titled Soldier Loses Wife & Son In Deadly Crash. In it, WIBW-TV Topeka reports that:

Kansas Highway Patrol reports indicate that on Friday, August 10th, 2012 at 11:43 AM, a car driven by Bryan Alfred, 21, of Junction City, was southbound on US Highway 56 when his vehicle went left of center and struck a Chevy Silverado going northbound.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIBW-TV Topeka.

Aunt

United States

#21 Sep 12, 2012
THANKYOU FOR HELPING
Kim

Salina, KS

#22 Sep 16, 2012
Aunt wrote:
PLEASE STOP with the negative comments.Our families are hurting. Bryan is my nephew.The accident is still under investigation. Thank you to the family and all the others that helped out there on that road. Thank you. Please keep our families in your prayers.
I am so very sorry that your family lost so many. I hope Bryan will continue to heal physically and mentally.
Michelle

El Paso, TX

#23 Sep 18, 2012
Carla wrote:
Well, if the news is correct he should blame himself for the rest of his life. The news stated he WAS under the influence of alcohol. He may have been a wonderful neighbor....too bad he didn't have the brains to not drink and drive. Killed 3 people. I am sure he will certainly have a hard time living with himself.
Maybe you should know what the hell you are talking about before you put your harmful rumors online. After the accident he was made to pee and bleed (UA and blood work) he was clean! Get your crap straight; this is a 21 year old kid who lost his whole family in one terrible moment. Remember anyone of could have made the same mistake and walk in his shoes. You should be ashamed of yourself and your filth!
Carla

Junction City, KS

#24 Sep 18, 2012
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should know what the hell you are talking about before you put your harmful rumors online. After the accident he was made to pee and bleed (UA and blood work) he was clean! Get your crap straight; this is a 21 year old kid who lost his whole family in one terrible moment. Remember anyone of could have made the same mistake and walk in his shoes. You should be ashamed of yourself and your filth!
Ahhhhh...touching.
Michelle

El Paso, TX

#25 Sep 18, 2012
Steve wrote:
According to the police report...What a shame....NOBODY in this vehicle was buckled up or in a child seat!!!! SAD!!
That is crap! Thanks for spreading rumors, as if this kid hasn't lost enough! I guess people are cruel and judgmental...any one of us could have been in the same kind of accident!
Michelle

El Paso, TX

#26 Sep 18, 2012
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
The children were in safety restraints. The Kansas State Trooper who spoke to us while investigating the accident was trying to determine if we knew who physically cut the seatbelts out of the car. I have his card with his name on it at home. The people who stopped to help (bless them), cut the seatbelts to get the children out. AND if you happened to have seen a picture of the car you would realize that the chances of the survival were extremely slim.
I wish I knew more about the accident, but sometimes answeres are better left unknown...BUT the children were seatbelted.
Thank you so much for posting this! People pass judgement when they don't know crap! It was an accident any one of us could have been in it! God bless this young man, life is difficult for him!
Paula

Council Grove, KS

#27 Sep 19, 2012
I am a "conservative" and I kept my children in a car seat long before it was a law, and for as long as possible (back then they were only in a car seat until 2 or 3 yrs), my children stayed in a car seat until they were at least 5 yrs old). He might read this, He lost his family, Don't use a sad situation like this to say things you know nothing about. I could say more but unlike you I am going to show respect for this family.
Paula

Council Grove, KS

#28 Sep 19, 2012
The comment I was applying to was accidentally erased, no loss.
bette

Junction City, KS

#29 Sep 19, 2012
If you people are looking for smpathy, well wishs and good thoughts..you should certainly know by now tat TOPIX is NOT the place to get it!!! LMFAO
Get over yourselves already!!
It is what it is.
bob

Junction City, KS

#30 Sep 19, 2012
he crossed the center. Only he knows the reason. unfortunalty accidents happen. another second and he crossesd nothing happens. it is what it is
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#31 Sep 21, 2012
Better be a knockin' on th' wood if yer into to judging.
Potter

Junction City, KS

#32 Sep 22, 2012
bob wrote:
he crossed the center. Only he knows the reason. unfortunalty accidents happen. another second and he crossesd nothing happens. it is what it is
Adjusting the stereo, looking at cell phone, dropped cigarette, bee in the car, choked on a french fry, arguing with the wife, correcting the kids. There are a dozen reasons to be distracted in a vehicle. Not all wrecks have to do with drugs and alcohol.
tnbill

Hiltons, VA

#33 Sep 22, 2012
Carla wrote:
Well, if the news is correct he should blame himself for the rest of his life. The news stated he WAS under the influence of alcohol. He may have been a wonderful neighbor....too bad he didn't have the brains to not drink and drive. Killed 3 people. I am sure he will certainly have a hard time living with himself.
Why do you have to be so mean with your comment? Make sure your own life is perfect before you start condeming someone who lost his wife and son. I agree with not drinking and driveing. It makes my blood boil when I hear about it. But, your comment was at the wrong place and time.
tnbill

Hiltons, VA

#34 Sep 22, 2012
Carla wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhhh...touching.
Carla, you are a real piece of work. I do not mean that in a nice way either.
tnbill

Hiltons, VA

#35 Sep 22, 2012
Aunt wrote:
PLEASE STOP with the negative comments.Our families are hurting. Bryan is my nephew.The accident is still under investigation. Thank you to the family and all the others that helped out there on that road. Thank you. Please keep our families in your prayers.
You have my prayers. May the Lord bless and keep you and your family in his loving arms.
Bonnie

Roseville, CA

#36 Sep 23, 2012
I am THE MOTHER and GRAND MOTHER of Brian Alfreds WIFE and CHILDREN who are all three dead MY DAUGHTER AND GRAND CHILDREN . I have half the ashes of the three of them because I had to share the othe half with the man that drove her Altama into a Silverado and ended thier lives "SOBER" WHO COULD DO THAT and not be incarserated ( If it hapend here in Ca he would be held acountable ) But its not over yet I have the police repor.79 MPH and he didnt even hit his brakes,,,,should I say more.
carla

Junction City, KS

#37 Sep 24, 2012
Bonnie wrote:
I am THE MOTHER and GRAND MOTHER of Brian Alfreds WIFE and CHILDREN who are all three dead MY DAUGHTER AND GRAND CHILDREN . I have half the ashes of the three of them because I had to share the othe half with the man that drove her Altama into a Silverado and ended thier lives "SOBER" WHO COULD DO THAT and not be incarserated ( If it hapend here in Ca he would be held acountable ) But its not over yet I have the police repor.79 MPH and he didnt even hit his brakes,,,,should I say more.
I am so glad you posted this!!! Now, maybe the idiots that are on here saying what a "wonderful" guy he is and how he now has so much to cope with will get a freakin' life. He is the one who caused it and now he has to live with that. I don't feel sympathy for him in any way. My heart goes out to you and I am so sorry for your loss. And what a shame that you had to share the ashes.
Peirogi lady

United States

#38 Sep 30, 2012
Bonnie as a mother myself I can understand your pain, anger, and absolute heartache. I pray to God I hope I NEVER, EVER have to experience it. Please accept my deepest and most sincere condolences for this unimaginable heartache and loss.
Bonnie wrote:
Friend

Sierra Vista, AZ

#39 Oct 1, 2012
Aunt wrote:
I am a friend of Bryan's and for those who believe reports, believe me they are almost always not correct. I was in a bad car accident in 94 on that same road, and the reports I read after was so far from the truth. I lost my best friend which was enough emotional distress, and untill you go through something that will effect you in such a manner, you will never understand all the emotions and distress that comes with a tragedy like this, so please those of you expressing the negitive horrible things said, please keep them to your self.
I speek to him several times a week, and he is doing as well as can be expected. He is a very strong young man and will forever be changed. Love, support and prayer is what this young man needs and is going to get it regardless of the negative thoughts. My prayers continue to go out to Bryan, his family and all whom was effected from this accident.
Just Saying

Sierra Vista, AZ

#40 Oct 1, 2012
Carla wrote:
Oh, shut up! You are one of those naive people who believe anything they see on t.v. Pull your head out of your behind and understand accidents happen and when they do, it doesn't always have to be anyones' fault. It's called life, my dear ... read and pray on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Army Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McClellan Announces Candidacy for Decatur Towns... (Apr '17) Mon Bob 15
News Recruiter: Trucking industry "begging" for good... (Jun '12) Dec 9 ThomasA 36
News Whistleblower: Flynn texts broached nuclear pla... Dec 7 Cordwainer Trout 5
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) Nov 30 sharon Nichols 1,555
News Bergdahl's hometown blindsided by hatred in wak... (Jun '14) Nov 21 WHITE TRASH TRAIL... 16
News Picture Exclusive: Bowe Bergdahl's father after... (Jul '14) Nov 19 frilled2b 4
News Georgia 2017 Military Veterans Hall of Fame ind... Nov '17 General Zod 1
More from around the web