Citizens urged to fight possible Fort Polk troop reduction

Feb 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KPLC-TV Lake Charles

Officials say reductions in troops at Fort Polk would essentially annihilate the economy of Leesville and Vernon parish and hurt the entire state.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Retired army

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

That's true, all sleesville is fighting for is money. Soldiers buy your autos from Alex or lake chuck. Not from Vernon parish. Just like the tickets from all the police force. Some eating places give police a discount but not a soldier in uniform. Also soldiers buy gas on post, sleesville is higher than deridder?? If the soldiers would stop flooding sleesville every day at lunch hour and spending money in sleesville they would notice then that they depend on the soldiers paycheck.
PRUDENTIBUS

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Retired army wrote:
That's true, all sleesville is fighting for is money. Soldiers buy your autos from Alex or lake chuck. Not from Vernon parish. Just like the tickets from all the police force. Some eating places give police a discount but not a soldier in uniform. Also soldiers buy gas on post, sleesville is higher than deridder?? If the soldiers would stop flooding sleesville every day at lunch hour and spending money in sleesville they would notice then that they depend on the soldiers paycheck.
If you do not like it here, then feel free to depart as soon as circumstances permit. Yet, by your own moniker, you chose to retire here which means you live here by choice. So why then do you stay if you hate it so?

It's very easy to complain about what you don't like, yet do nothing. That makes one part of the problem.
What's harder is being part of the solution and working to improve what you think is wrong.
So into which catagory do you fall?

P.S.
Saying "I tried, but the mean locals won't let me blah blah blah..." is an excuse. Plenty of people who were born and raised here AND those who have chosen to settle here, are working every day to be part of the solution.

So I ask you again- are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?

SST
Retired army

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

PRUDENTIBUS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not like it here, then feel free to depart as soon as circumstances permit. Yet, by your own moniker, you chose to retire here which means you live here by choice. So why then do you stay if you hate it so?
It's very easy to complain about what you don't like, yet do nothing. That makes one part of the problem.
What's harder is being part of the solution and working to improve what you think is wrong.
So into which catagory do you fall?
P.S.
Saying "I tried, but the mean locals won't let me blah blah blah..." is an excuse. Plenty of people who were born and raised here AND those who have chosen to settle here, are working every day to be part of the solution.
So I ask you again- are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?
SST
. I don't live in Vernon parish.
PRUDENTIBUS

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Retired army wrote:
<quoted text>. I don't live in Vernon parish.
In that case, you just like to say bad things andprovoke people for no reason?

Be part of the solution. If you really are retired military, then you know better than this.
Marine visitor

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

I just visited there over the holiday weekend. Fort Polk is an absolutely beautiful place with all military needs addressed. That town of Leesville leaves a lot to be desired. I think the locals provide support for themselves with the majority of businesses being strip joints, tattoo parlors and pay-day loan shops. Reduce the troop count, shut the town down - The fort can support itself.
PrayerfulReplies

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

I am very proud to Leesville's and Vernon Parish's record of taking care of soldiers. I'm proud of each communities military appreciate events. I'm proud of the local cities and the parish's military appreciation days. It was wonderful seeing all the Churches that showed up with free booths for the military in Anacoco last year. It was great seeing our Sheriff, mayors, city council, and many others there just to honor our Great American Heroes - our military. There were literally scores of Church booths set up - each one offering the hand of fellowship for anyone interested.
I'm proud of Anacoco, Leesville, and Vernon Parish record of caring, of being there.
God bless every citizen of Vernon Parish; God bless our Military and their families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••